Swinton home this Sunday

georgeb1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vital win. Lot better today both in attack and defence. The two Leeds lads both have pace and are strong in contact. Both had good games and gave us different attacking options. 

Ronan deservedly won MOM on his birthday. Thought he had a cracking game.

Shout out to Clarkson who has taken some flack this season but credit him for a decent game too.

We look a better more organised side with Timmy Spears in the side. He's a leader and we seem more settled with him out on the paddock.

Good to see Matty M back too.

All in all a good performance and one we can build on. We seemed to have more confidence today which was good to see.

Credit to the lads and also to James and the coaching team. 

Well played lads. Hopefully its upwardly mobile up that table from now on.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Can only echo what most have said- a much better performance all over the park. Thought the young loan lads were great - Hall isn’t even 19 yet. Reminded me of Cameron Scott whose star is rising at Hull. We just looked a lot quicker with these three playing and Marsh back. Defence still looked a bit wobbly when we almost let them back in. Needs a lot more work. Was also nice to see Nikau get a try. Yes, we all know he’s not as good as his dad (but that applies to 99.999% of all rl players), but he seems a popular team member and gives it his all.  Sheffield then Widnes -    both winnable. 

Today, the key for me was to start well ,get on top and for a change make our opponents chase the game. After watching so many poor first half performances it was refreshing to see the Knights do just that. Mikey made us tick again ably assisted by Matty and it'll be a shame if he quickly returns to KR again. And as already said the Leeds loanees played well. Young Hall reminded me a bit of Kallum Watkins at that age and if he's half as good the Rhinos will do well out of the kid. Well done everybody, an important 2 points. 

5 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Good first half, moving the ball about a bit. I’m at the wrong end of the stand, we’re those 2 disallowed tries really forward?

My wonderful summariser was more in line than me, said the first wasn't, the second was.

3 minutes ago, andyacko said:

My wonderful summariser was more in line than me, said the first wasn't, the second was.

Cheers Andy. Any idea on the penalty against York when we did a tap restart and the touch judge came on, penalty went to Swinton who subsequently scored their 2nd try?

Not for the first time the referee gave no indication what the penalty was for.  What I’d give to see Thierry Alibert back with his over the top signalling!

Some great stuff at times today. Loved the 'blast them out of the water' opening.

Has anyone else noticed that as soon as Mikey Lewis gets the ball the crowd volume ramps up - fabulous.  Worried when he limped off but Fordy reckoned precautionary - tight groin.                                                                                                  Fingers crossed Rovers dont get the sheeps crook out again!

Ronan had a great game and great to see Spearsie back to his best. Absolutely loved watching Hall running the ball - looks to have so much potential and Johnson is one of those lads you just wouldn't want to play against, strong and feisty and the way he bulldozed over Nash to set Marshy up was an image not to forget easily.

Thought generally we looked pretty solid today.

Yep, have to agree about Hansen. Lions just ran out of gas after that early defensive stint. I like Ronan Michael (40) too, had another decent game against us and I could watch Paddy Jones (16) all day, a reet handful.

Need to make that confidence boost count next week.

5 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Cheers Andy. Any idea on the penalty against York when we did a tap restart and the touch judge came on, penalty went to Swinton who subsequently scored their 2nd try?

Not for the first time the referee gave no indication what the penalty was for.  What I’d give to see Thierry Alibert back with his over the top signalling!

Not a bennies. Totally mystified. In all honesty the guy set behind me, shouting, refereed the game better than Mikaluskas. Thought there was a hint of a forward pass between Brogan and Meadows as they scored it too.                                            Sadly referee is from the Kendall school of 'if there isn't a decision to make, let's invent one'.

Having said all that Swinton probably deserved a try at that point for their efforts but that doesn't make an iffy decision any better.

If we have Hall and Johnson on season long loans, Fordy will have some tough decisions to make when everybody is available. Both are young and inexperienced, but I thought today, Hall gave us some pace in the centre, and looked a very exciting prospect. 

If we can hang on to Lewis, then get Dean and O'Hagan available as well, we have the makings of a very good side. 

Play like we did today, (admittedly Swinton were poor), we have an outside chance of making the top 6. All is not yet lost

22 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Yep, have to agree about Hansen. Lions just ran out of gas after that early defensive stint. I like Ronan Michael (40) too, had another decent game against us and I could watch Paddy Jones (16) all day, a reet handful

Are you sure Ronan Michael wasn't Chris Kamara in disguise?

3 hours ago, White Knight said:

Anyone know the attendance? Heard that a queue of folk wanting to pay on the day had developed. Not sure if they all got in. 

They didn't. Someone put a comment on the Press website saying they gave up waiting to buy a ticket. Not surprised as when we entered the concourse at 2.30 we had to walk round a queue that looked like an airport check in. Did people turn up a little late, or was this process as "good" as the online ticketing system that presumably was devised by the makers of The Krypton Factor?

1 minute ago, Peter G. said:

They didn't. Someone put a comment on the Press website saying they gave up waiting to buy a ticket. Not surprised as when we entered the concourse at 2.30 we had to walk round a queue that looked like an airport check in. Did people turn up a little late, or was this process as "good" as the online ticketing system that presumably was devised by the makers of The Krypton Factor?

My ticket that I purchased never arrived at my email. Even the resend ticket option didn’t work. Thankfully I had time in the week to head up and sort it out, the bloke had to get my ticket, email it to himself then print it out for me. I imagine there were similar people having this issue - the queue on matchday as I passed was worrying and something that needs rectifying immediately

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Great to see the knights fly out of the blocks and set the tone for the rest of the game,hope we can keep the 3 loan players for longer looked a a much better team and have added pace to the team,also mention R Dixon and Marsh who both had outstanding games today,can't see many changes to the team next week

1 hour ago, Toby The Tram said:

My ticket that I purchased never arrived at my email. Even the resend ticket option didn’t work. Thankfully I had time in the week to head up and sort it out, the bloke had to get my ticket, email it to himself then print it out for me. I imagine there were similar people having this issue - the queue on matchday as I passed was worrying and something that needs rectifying immediately

Yes, I think the situation out of lockdown meant fans gave the ticketing organisation some leeway but no club can afford to have fans walking away from 'the turnstile'. Somebody, somewhere, needs to get it sorted quick.

The lad who works behind the counter is fantastic. Hard working, organised, calm under pressure and seems a genuinely nice person. He’s being let down by those in charge. 

The fact that the phone rarely gets answered is a disgrace. Perhaps this issue could have been resolved before if someone was supporting the ticket office. To hear fans deciding to turn away is worrying. 

I don’t really know whose fault it is. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Flatman was putting big pressure on the SMC after yesterday, they’ve cost us sales of tickets. Someone put on the YCFC forum that YCK management were taking photos of the queues so sounds like something is being done. But as Andy says, leeway was given during the restricted times, but this is our fifth game with fans in I think, it’s not good enough and needs sorting. 

As a side note, how great it was to be able to sit where you wanted yesterday! Great to see so many faces (easier as well without masks on) that I hadn’t seen at a home game yet. I’m sure by the time next season comes it will really feel like a home and we will start to thrive 

I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and agree with practically all the comments on here apart from the odd one relating to the Knight's "poor" defence. Their defence is currently the 6th best in the league and was before yesterday's result. Considering we were 3rd from the bottom before yesterday, I think that's quite a stat which may suprise a few people. Ok, it's not the best in the league but it's far from being the worst. Let's face it, if everyone tackied who they should tackle there wouldn't be any tries scored at all and what a dull situation that would be! Personally I thought our defence yesterday was execellent.

18 hours ago, Toby The Tram said:

The lad who works behind the counter is fantastic. Hard working, organised, calm under pressure and seems a genuinely nice person. He’s being let down by those in charge. 

the good lady wife looked at applying for this job when she saw it advertised but the scope of the work expected to be carried out for a pittance by one person was amazing. the stadium management/clubs need to get their hands in their pockets and employ the correct number of staff and pay them fairly for the workload required.

Well the weather has certainly cooled off a bit, and I’m having a few cold ones after a fantastic afternoons entertainment listening to some good rugby league matches. Later on I might even have an ice cream to be even cooler.

Speaking of which, anyone seen coolie? 🤣🤪

37 minutes ago, coolie said:

Talking to the Swinton fans they were suited at the hospitality of York for letting them in for free the week before... Money to burn York

More leaks than a colander

I'm sure J.F would be over the moon to find out load of fan's got in for free🤔🤔🤔

If you'd have read this forum you'd have known about the ticketing issues at the Swinton game that our own fans had, never mind that Swinton had and I'm glad that they got in for free given the situation... they probably wouldn't have got in at all otherwise. You would also know that it was out of the club's control and not the fault of YCK and instead the SMC. I can tell you for a fact that Flatman wasn't happy about it and we're all waiting to see what happens this weekend. 

But whatever makes a good story hey!

15 minutes ago, Toby The Tram said:

If you'd have read this forum you'd have known about the ticketing issues at the Swinton game that our own fans had, never mind that Swinton had and I'm glad that they got in for free given the situation... they probably wouldn't have got in at all otherwise. You would also know that it was out of the club's control and not the fault of YCK and instead the SMC. I can tell you for a fact that Flatman wasn't happy about it and we're all waiting to see what happens this weekend. 

But whatever makes a good story hey!

Thank you for some facts 👏👏👏

They do unfortunately spoil a story

But also bring clarity to murky waters 🤔🤔

Archived