Whitehaven

Chorlton Pete

52 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Not too late. However big ask. Just been reading the main forum about promotion and relegation. There is an intimation that SL will be increased to 14 teams and that maybe championship and league 1 merged. Don't know if this has any merit. 

You never know what might happen with the RFL. Depends which way the wind is blowing that particular day. Regarding Whitehaven- I know people have been saying this for at least the last 6 matches, but surely this is all or nothing. And also we need anyone just above us to lose a lot of games. If we play like on the second half against Bradford, and (unaccountably) stop giving possession and tries away, we have a chance. Anything less and we’re knackered. If we avoid relegation it will be the biggest escape since Colditz.

Been hearing through the grapevine that training has been outstanding for the last two weeks since the Bradford game and all the players are really buying into McDermott's methods. I still think we've left ourselves too much to do to avoid relegation but I think we'll give it a fair go for the last part of the season.

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

Been hearing through the grapevine that training has been outstanding for the last two weeks since the Bradford game and all the players are really buying into McDermott's methods. I still think we've left ourselves too much to do to avoid relegation but I think we'll give it a fair go for the last part of the season.

Let’s hope so. Come on the ‘Yeds!!!

We have — on paper — five winnable games remaining this season.  Probably the number of wins we need to stay up.  

Whitehaven, Swinton, Sheffield and Dewsbury Away.  Newcastle at home.  All have beaten us this season already (albeit Swinton in the cup early on).  They're winnable because in each loss we've generally been the architect of our own downfall.  If the new Maccs Factor plays a part, that might be enough to swing the pendulum back our way.

If we lose one, we need to take points from London at home or Widnes away.  I'd have a low confidence of that happening.

I'm not even mentioning those other two home games against Fev and Toulouse.  

That's my glass half-full hope.  The season stretches right to the end at Dewsbury, and we need to win to stay up.  That'd be a fun day out!

Glass half-empty thinking says we lose the next three and that's the end. 

Gulp! (pun intended).

56 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

Would be great if both teams stayed up - we won't but Oldham can do if York continue their losing run - maybe we will beat them on Sunday ................

If you beat York on Sunday and then take the points off us in a few weeks, you'll allow yourselves to get seriously giddy.

Squad looks very similar to what we've been putting out the last few weeks. Think Brierley will come back in on the wing instead of Hartley. Would like to see Fletcher get a game instead of either Nelmes or Pick who have been disappointing. Hewitt should be back in at scrum half with Barran moving to stand off. This would allow Charnock to go to hooker which I think is probably his best position as it showcases his defence and completely simplifies his passing game.

This is our very last chance of giving ourselves even a sliver of hope for survival.  COME ON OLDHAM

Haven 28 -24. From the commentary it sounded like much of what Haven got we gave them and much of what we got they gave us. Better effort. Good ruck speed.  Too many mistakes as ever. 8 points up in early second half, which we can’t throw away. 15% win rate at second from bottom. Dewsbury 30something % at 3rd bottom. Miracle anyone?

Archived