Whitehaven

Chorlton Pete

Thought Oldham were very good today, is it Abrams brother who was at 9 he broke at will. Think we got out of jail but more than happy with the two points. I think this season will be dependent on poor referring. You got what looked like a 40/20 in second half when u we’re turning the screw and he gave it our way ….. like a I said man in the middle is deciding these games at the minute 🤷

Sounds like an improvement, but not good enough. Looks like that is for this season. I don't know how the club will survive with the prospective drop in Central funding. The crowds aren't big enough, Pro rugby league isn't relevant in Oldham any more. The amateur game seems OK. Rangers against St Anne's enjoyed a bumper crowd. 

1 hour ago, fiftiesremembered said:

Silence on here is deafening!!

Hardly surprising that, is it ?

There is little or nothing to be 'positive' about.

This has got to be one of our worst seasons, ever, and sadly the future of the club does looks 'bleak'.  

What more is there for anyone to say, that hasn't already been said ? ? 

I have never ever known us as anything other than a yoh yoh team. Too young to remember the 50's. The best teams we had ,that I can remember, under Frank Myler or Tony barrow, we were a yoh yoh team. But we had a ground and hope. Mathematically we can avoid the drop but it's a slim hope. But that's what being an Oldham fan is about isn't it!? The hope that one day we can be mediocre and be a mid table championship side. Depressing I know, but I'm getting older by each season. Can't ever see us playing an Australian touring team again. But at least I can say I was there when we last did it. 

I think it’s quiet because we’re punch drunk. And it worries me that year after year fewer people have the will to get off the ropes and keep on turning up. Ever since Watersheddings went (for which imo there are still significantly unanswered questions) we’ve been hanging on by a thread, sometimes doing ok-ish, other times seeming that the thread is about to be cut. What the answers are, I don’t know. Whether there’ll be a club in the future, I don’t know. But I do know that this club is in my blood. Right from cutting free passes with an old fashioned, primary school guillotine for Mr Whitworth on the 60s, through the Super League days, Boundary Park, Bower Fold,Limeside, Swinton, I’d rather watch Oldham than anyone else, wherever, whatever level, even a Grand Final. When we win (distant memory) it’s elating; when we lose it’s profoundly deflating. But it’s my club, my roots, part of my identity. I really hope beyond hope that Brian Mac can turn it around- there were some good signs at Haven. If he does and we escape it will be ecstatic (until next season), if he doesn’t, they’ll still be my team. Come on, you ‘Yeds!

Stats-

D.Abram-4 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 10 carries=69m

Brierley-one tackle. one miss. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 10 carries=93m

Ince-12 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 7 carries=66m

Roberts-14 tackles. 6 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 17 carries=106m

Holcroft-one tackle. 5 misses. one tackle bust. 6 carries=38m

Barran-20 tackles. 7 misses. one tackle bust. 4 carries=21m

Hewitt-5 tackles. one miss. 1 carry=1m

Kirk-31 tackles. one tackle bust. 7 carries=59m

Charnock-36 tackles. 6 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 3 carries=17m

Reilly-27 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 8 carries=74m

Langtree-27 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 5 tackle busts. one clean break. 8 carries=104m

Bridge-26 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. one try assist. 16 carries=119m

Bent-60 tackles. 3 misses. 8 carries=41m

subs

Nelmes-21 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 12 carries=95m

Dupree-30 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 5 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=69m

Pick-19 tackles. 3 misses. 4 carries=43m

J.Abram-12 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=83m

A few players had their best game of the season with Bridge and Nelmes being so much better than they have been. J Abram continues to impress and has forced his way into the 17 for me no matter who is fit. Unfortunately our left side defence was horrendous and Jouffrett absolutely carved us up on that side.

The problem is, we are run as a one man band. Finances an signings are down to one man.

Therefore we have a very small pot of money for players coaches etc. Most clubs have a number of Directors with shared liability and as it follows more cash.

Oldham will never have a chance of returning to a mid table division 2 team sorry championship team whilst we struggle from day to day.

I remember beating Wigan at Central Park in the mid eighties and that's nearly 40 years ago. 

I can't see us beating any top sides if the present organisation continues. 

2 hours ago, clifford said:

The problem is, we are run as a one man band. Finances an signings are down to one man.

Therefore we have a very small pot of money for players coaches etc. Most clubs have a number of Directors with shared liability and as it follows more cash.

Oldham will never have a chance of returning to a mid table division 2 team sorry championship team whilst we struggle from day to day.

I remember beating Wigan at Central Park in the mid eighties and that's nearly 40 years ago. 

I can't see us beating any top sides if the present organisation continues. 

I remember beating Wigan in the fifties regularly I am sad we have a struggle but I will still be there next season and don’t forget we had lots of directors in the nineties and look we that ended up 

2 hours ago, clifford said:

I can't see us beating any top sides if the present organisation continues. ]

supporters are coming on here with the best intensions for the club,but you should type in oldham rlfc {1997} ltd companies house.

that will reveal all on the state of our beloved club i strongly suggest you do this before you make any more comments. because if we are relegated or when, i do believe it will be the end of oldham rlfc r,i.p.  

35 minutes ago, tandle said:

supporters are coming on here with the best intensions for the club,but you should type in oldham rlfc {1997} ltd companies house.

that will reveal all on the state of our beloved club i strongly suggest you do this before you make any more comments. because if we are relegated or when, i do believe it will be the end of oldham rlfc r,i.p.  

I've just seen them. What are you on about, the finances are in rude health. Not. No seriously it's not looking too good at all. I don't know how he's kept it going for as long as he has tbh. 

1 hour ago, tandle said:

So you keep saying. But those figures are not a true reflection of whether the business is insolvent or not. They don't tell you what the cash flow situation is now, today, at this moment in time. If the debt is owed to CH, then is it really a debt? They really don't mean what you want them to mean and are only a small reflection of a larger picture. Those figures are more for tax purposes than anything else.  Years ago read that the richest football team in the football league was, I think, Rotherham. Because they had £150 in the bank. Man U were millions in debt. As long as CH continued to service the 'debt' then the company will survive. 

Speaking as an accountant I am not worried about the state of the accounts. CH can always convert the debt into shares or simply write off the debt which many of the football club owners now do. As Art of Hand and Foot says the most important thing is cashflow and I have not seen or heard (please correct if I am wrong) of any incident were we are not paying our bills on time. 

several times in the past oldham rlfc have had winding up orders against them by hmrc.

oldham now have no ground in oldham,

we are next to the bottom of the championship and more tham likely be relegated.

fixed assetts of £1.244 money in the bank £690.

debts due in one year £355.253

so amigo you would expect investers to buy shares in oldham rlfc 1997 ltd nobody would touch it with a barge pole.

Archived