Replacement for Australia

Just open it up to Australian players who are still happy to travel and have them compete under a neutral banner like the Russians in the Olympics. Assuming the NRL can't prevent players physically leaving the country of course 🙂

• Like 1

It would have to be USA seeing as they were the ones knocked out in the repechage play-off match.

I think the organisers should issue a public statement saying that USA have officially been put on stand-by to give them chance to prepare in case Australia withdraw. Hopefully that would give the Australians the encouragement needed to sign up.

• Like 2

Let them pull out and ban them from international RL indefinitely.

They can have their state of origin and hopefully after a few years the top Australian players will become bored and move to rugby union for a new challenge on the international scene.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Aussies decide to show up then problem solved.

Well, yes.  

But if they decide not to participate then the World Cup is damaged quite badly.

I get that some people want to be bullish about this, but the fact is they contribute massively to the credibility of the World Cup concept.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Let them pull out and ban them from international RL indefinitely.

They can have their state of origin and hopefully after a few years the top Australian players will become bored and move to rugby union for a new challenge on the international scene.

Erm no let's hope that definitely does not happen 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Austria, some people won't notice the difference....

In truth they'd be easier to understand at the interviews , have you ever tried to have a conversation with somebody from Queensland ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, GUBRATS said:

In truth they'd be easier to understand at the interviews , have you ever tried to have a conversation with somebody from Queensland ?

My only worry if we swapped for Austrians is some of them can be a bit invadery....

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Leigh , that way I might get to see them play this year again , as it seems the rest of SL don't want to play us anymore 

people's Republic of Leyth 

Just don’t base them in their home town because they don’t have a train station.

• Haha 3