• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's too hot, who else is suffering? 

Just over 30 degrees C in my flat right now and the wind has changed direction, so I'm not getting any breeze through the window. There's a possibility of thunder tomorrow, so let's hope that has an effect.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Just over 30 degrees C in my flat right now and the wind has changed direction, so I'm not getting any breeze through the window. There's a possibility of thunder tomorrow, so let's hope that has an effect.

Let's hope so, its bloody boiling. 

8 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

To do anything. 

Not really , I put steel tiles on conservatory roofs , basically yesterday everything I touched was burning my hands and knees , but it still has to be done 

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Including coming on here?

Outside is a carpenter hand sawing plaster boards.

I was transferring aircraft once at Abu Dhabi airport at about 2pm. Workers were outside in 40C building a new terminal building.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

33 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I was transferring aircraft once at Abu Dhabi airport at about 2pm. Workers were outside in 40C building a new terminal building.

I was holidaying in Sharm-el-Sheikh in 2006, and the hotel had the grace to put the days highest temperature on a blackboard outside the entrance, one day it got to 42c, admittedly sitting on a beach, snorkelling is not the same as working, but you notice it when after swimming your tee-shirt is dry as a bone 15 mins later, but that 3c bottle of Orange Tango, when you get back to the hotel is sooooooooo good.

My quick trip to the supermarket for a couple of thing took far longer than it should, just because I loitered in all the chilled and frozen aisles.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really , I put steel tiles on conservatory roofs , basically yesterday everything I touched was burning my hands and knees , but it still has to be done 

Same here, I work in a warehouse, its horrid. But it has to be done. I just don't do hot weather. 

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

you build large ovens ?

Just had some thunder and a little rain here in NW London. The weather's still hot, but it did knock about 5 degrees off the outside temperature and I'll take that.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a load of wimps you lot are!

Mind you, we have just had air-con fitted in the second bedroom.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The last time I was in Berlin there was a heatwave and temperatures were pushing 40.

I decided to visit the cathedral again and went up to the top of one of the towers where you can walk round it outside. Between the walkway and the fall to your death is a wall with copper sheeting on top of it.

I asked someone to take a picture of me with Alexanderplatz in the background.

I leant on the copper.

I have a picture of me screaming in pain at the top of Berlin Cathedral with the Fernsehturm and Alexanderplatz behind me and I'm pretty sure I still have the scars on my elbow to prove it!

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The last time I was in Berlin there was a heatwave and temperatures were pushing 40.

I decided to visit the cathedral again and went up to the top of one of the towers where you can walk round it outside. Between the walkway and the fall to your death is a wall with copper sheeting on top of it.

I asked someone to take a picture of me with Alexanderplatz in the background.

I leant on the copper.

I have a picture of me screaming in pain at the top of Berlin Cathedral with the Fernsehturm and Alexanderplatz behind me and I'm pretty sure I still have the scars on my elbow to prove it!

Geese are stupid I've been told 😉

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

You can always move to the Falkland Islands. It never gets hot there, or just accept the weather here for the week to 10 days it will here.

By the way where do you holiday when you have the choice?

Usually abroad but always at the beginning or end of the season. I couldn't do July or August. 

Archived