18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I don't think I've seen my dad ever jump as high as he did when we came back to the car after a summer day in Salzburg and he didn't think before opening the door and sitting on the vinyl seat.

Last time I was in Salzburg was in 2016 and it was absolutely mafting! A lot of the pharmacies on the continent have thermometers outside and I remember walking past one, I can't quite remember what it was at the time but I seem to think it was high 30s. The white buildings are chuffing blinding in that kind of sun as well! 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I don't think I've seen my dad ever jump as high as he did when we came back to the car after a summer day in Salzburg and he didn't think before opening the door and sitting on the vinyl seat.

Imagine Yosemite Sam when Bugs has set fire to the seat of his trousers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only about 3 degrees cooler today here in London, but it feels so much more than that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's the humidity that gets you. Reducing your body's ability to stay cool.

I live in a place where it's 28-30 degrees every day, all year round and it's fine, no ac required. We are at 800m plus altitude, so the thinner air reduces humidity. 

The middle east is a different prospect, very dry but overheating is an issue with ambient temperatures above body temperature of 37 degrees. 

Archived