Match Thread: Championship Round 14, Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 25th July

25 minutes ago, roversspud said:

Not Really POR, look back on the club videos and you'll see when he's asked he tells. He's not to know what we already know from following players' twitter accounts. And asking on here or on FB is not the place to do it as who knows wether Webbo reads any of this drivel!🤣

The problem IS what he doesn't tell  why not player A is such and such and will be about 4 weeks 

then we've had fergie welham and joe summers out for months but no prognosis just there out!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND nobody is asking them to come on here to tell us 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, POR said:

The problem IS what he doesn't tell  why not player A is such and such and will be about 4 weeks 

then we've had fergie welham and joe summers out for months but no prognosis just there out!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND nobody is asking them to come on here to tell us 

If it upsets you so much why don't YOU ask them?  We're told they're very approachable, so I'm sure they'll welcome you asking these vitally important questions. 

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

38 minutes ago, roversspud said:

If it upsets you so much why don't YOU ask them?  We're told they're very approachable, so I'm sure they'll welcome you asking these vitally important questions. 

Can't see what difference it makes so long as we know on the day of the game.

48 minutes ago, roversspud said:

Hey good idea.  I think I've misplaced Webbo's number though - have you got it ?

9 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Hey good idea.  I think I've misplaced Webbo's number though - have you got it ?

No......but if you look on the club website, the club telephone number is there.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

2 hours ago, roversspud said:

I'M not upset I was merely responding to the proposition

The club is a secret society as far as injuries are concerned

The Club does not have to give out information about injuries and we do not have a right to know medical information about anyone else - there are pretty strict privacy laws concerning this. 

Might be worth considering that virtually every club is accused of being secretive round injuries.

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Club does not have to give out information about injuries and we do not have a right to know medical information about anyone else - there are pretty strict privacy laws concerning this. 

Might be worth considering that virtually every club is accused of being secretive round injuries.

Obviously the club can't release medical details of the players but to be fair I don't think anybody want's to know  the  ins and outs  but I think just a hint when player is expected to  have a chance of returning to the squad would keep the minions happy🤣

Giving too much information about availability of players helps the opposition to prepare. Before social media you didn't know until the previous evening paper or worse still when you got into the ground on game day and you would overhear someone say " Derek Fox isn't playing" and you'd go "😮😮😮😮"

21 minutes ago, POR said:

Obviously the club can't release medical details of the players but to be fair I don't think anybody want's to know  the  ins and outs  but I think just a hint when player is expected to  have a chance of returning to the squad would keep the minions happy🤣

Only certain minions 

As above it’s all the laws. Also bit of ungamemenship if so had a certain niggly injury got named in 21 man squad couple pulled up injured he’s then thrown in and the other team know what to target and where to gain advantage. Also we are part time teams these lads have a proper job to go to also.

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Giving too much information about availability of players helps the opposition to prepare. Before social media you didn't know until the previous evening paper or worse still when you got into the ground on game day and you would overhear someone say " Derek Fox isn't playing" and you'd go "😮😮😮😮"

I was thinking the same thing Phil.

I remember standing on the terraces at the Post Office Road end one Sunday afternoon in 1985 and wondering why the Bullock Shed was chanting derogatory stuff about our Chairman (think it was Bob Ashby). Gradually the word filtered round the ground that we had sold David Hobbs to Oldham - think it must have been in one of the Sunday papers that morning, or just the usual word-of-mouth way in which news was transmitted in those days.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I remember standing on the terraces at the Post Office Road end one Sunday afternoon in 1985 and wondering why the Bullock Shed was chanting derogatory stuff about our Chairman (think it was Bob Ashby). Gradually the word filtered round the ground that we had sold David Hobbs to Oldham - think it must have been in one of the Sunday papers that morning, or just the usual word-of-mouth way in which news was transmitted in those days.

Remember it well PH March 85 and think it was swinton funny thing hobbsy told us all in junction  on friday night before going down ponte all sworn to secrecy he said FEV couldn't turn down the cash and it's a lot more than what people think

Interesting thing he made his oldham debut on my birthday 31st march 1985🎂 against wigan and andy goodway the player he replaced at oldham

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fev Twitter account promising "squad news and player updates" later today, so looks like we have enough healthy players to ensure the game goes ahead, plus it sounds like we're getting some injury/illness updates.

On RFL  nowt about us but bulls got jack's mate george in the squad

Mick Gledhill on Twitter says Webster has said we have had no further Covid cases this week but as stated earlier on this thread only Frankie Halton is able to return from isolation.

So this is no surprise but it looks like another week with neither of our recognised hookers which is far from ideal.

The good news is that the isolation periods should be up for the other Covid-affected players next week (assuming they are none the worse for their infections), but a week after our gruelling game in a heatwave Bradford, who have had a fortnight off and will be playing us on their dinky 51-yard pitch, must be thinking if they don't beat us now they never will.

Archived