Match Thread: Championship Round 14, Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 25th July

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Real down side to the full season is Fev have had this amazing season but it’s all set up for rfls chosen one Toulouse who will play Fev at home in the play offs twice yet only played 9 games so far. 

RFL are still undecided where final being played

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

Real down side to the full season is Fev have had this amazing season but it’s all set up for rfls chosen one Toulouse who will play Fev at home in the play offs twice yet only played 9 games so far. 

Please explain how Toulouse will play Fev twice in the play offs?

Winners go through too the final losers play the best of the rest play offs so Fev and toulouse would meet again. 
couple teams give both a decent game but none will really trouble 

21 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Please explain how Toulouse will play Fev twice in the play offs?

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You may want to check the actual rules......

Is that not how there doing it this time sorry if that’s the case my bad I just presumed.

didn’t look at rules of play offs as I expected a mid table season so didn’t see any point looking at something we wouldn’t be involved in.

9 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Is that not how there doing it this time sorry if that’s the case my bad I just presumed.

didn’t look at rules of play offs as I expected a mid table season so didn’t see any point looking at something we wouldn’t be involved in.

Have a look B

the top two in the final table will earn a bye through the first round of the play-offs before playing the winners of sudden death fixtures between teams three to six – and the winners of those two semi finals will meet in the Million Pound Game to determine promotion to the Betfred Super League in 2022.

32 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

It was announced in March at the same time as the announcement of when the season would start etc

Two difficult games either side of our Wembley win against York.But we won them both despite struggling to make what would have been our first team line up.All players deserve credit for their attitude this season.Every team will want to be the first to beat us so we can't afford to underestimate any.This season our team have given supporters the effort that makes us proud to be a little mining village between Wakefield and Pontefract.

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I've said it from early season. There's something different this year. I genuinely think we'll go up this year. 

Biggest game of the season (for me) this weekend. I hope we have some more available. Jonesy and Parata would be nice

Toulouse have never been tested, while Rovers have overcome every degree of adversity thrown their way. On Sunday it will be like Ali Vs Foreman and Rocky Vs Creed part 2, where the seemingly invincible will meet their match.

8 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Toulouse have never been tested, while Rovers have overcome every degree of adversity thrown their way. On Sunday it will be like Ali Vs Foreman and Rocky Vs Creed part 2, where the seemingly invincible will meet their match.

With all the Toulouse worshippers on the General Forum, surely they will be at Post Office Road to cheer their team on, so we should get a good crowd.

Looking back at the highlights, the Bulls' Twitter feed description of the tackle on Keyes as "disgusting" can clearly be seen to be absolute fabrication, and Bulls assistant coach Mark Dunning also has a lot to answer for in his comments on West Yorkshire Sport, where he waffled a lot about not wanting to comment on the incident because he didn't want to get fined but then said anyway "the men in black are a metre away and missed the incident."

Watch at 6.50 below...nothing remotely untoward about Gale's tackle,it's as innocuous as you'll ever see, yes it was a ball steal afterwards (which he was sin binned for) but I think there are some apologies due.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Looking back at the highlights, the Bulls' Twitter feed description of the tackle on Keyes as "disgusting" can clearly be seen to be absolute fabrication, and Bulls assistant coach Mark Dunning also has a lot to answer for in his comments on West Yorkshire Sport, where he waffled a lot about not wanting to comment on the incident because he didn't want to get fined but then said anyway "the men in black are a metre away and missed the incident."

Watch at 6.50 below...nothing remotely untoward about Gale's tackle,it's as innocuous as you'll ever see, yes it was a ball steal afterwards (which he was sin binned for) but I think there are some apologies due.

Hard to say from the camera angle although Keyes left the field concussed and won’t be available for Halifax. Allegation of a closed fist from Gale.

I understand but have to laugh at the anger at the bulls Twitter feed being pro bulls… it’s like they would want Bradford to win or something. (Not you PH but the Twitter gang specifically) 

6 hours ago, LongStandingBull said:

Hard to say from the camera angle although Keyes left the field concussed and won’t be available for Halifax. Allegation of a closed fist from Gale.

I understand but have to laugh at the anger at the bulls Twitter feed being pro bulls… it’s like they would want Bradford to win or something. (Not you PH but the Twitter gang specifically) 

Allegation from who? And it's obvious from the footage Gale never came close to contacting Keyes' head - it seems fairly clear the concussion stemmed from when he hit the ground after the ankle tap. In my opinion trying to link it to Gale's tackle is really poor.

And the Bulls feed deserves all the scorn and derision it's getting. Yes most Twitter accounts are biased towards their own club, but not so persistently and amateurishly as the Bradford one, and not making blatantly untrue claims about opponents' foul play.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Allegation from who? And it's obvious from the footage Gale never came close to contacting Keyes' head - it seems fairly clear the concussion stemmed from when he hit the ground after the ankle tap. In my opinion trying to link it to Gale's tackle is really poor.

And the Bulls feed deserves all the scorn and derision it's getting. Yes most Twitter accounts are biased towards their own club, but not so persistently and amateurishly as the Bradford one, and not making blatantly untrue claims about opponents' foul play.

Exactly PH on sunday for a laugh went on BULLS blog on this forum with simon parker of the argus and it was the same  but been on today and it's been diluted gareth's disgusting tackle on  on sunday is now an illegal tackle but what makes me laugh is how they bigged up their first try when clearly he was tackled short and made a double movement 

Ben Evans goes over with an extra push right under the posts. Hallas set him up from dummy half

I just love unbiased reporting🤣

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/944/bulls-supporting-social-media-blackout

“Social media can play a huge part in spreading awareness of this game we love but players and officials must feel able to use these social media platforms without facing abuse and discrimination. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Archived