Sun 25 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Surprised some Fax fans weren't thrown out today/given bans. I've seen football hand them out for less.

Shame really because a lot of the Fax fans were embarrassed by them.

Yeah whats happened? I were stood with the Fax fans obviously. I draw the line at PC where signing about someones haircut is racism if thats what you are talking about? I were stood next to the stewards when they got the order to go and stand with our group of fans, they couldn't believe it either and I had a bit of a chat with one of them who didn't agree either. I thought they did a great job of handling a tricky situation to be fair to them and had a laugh and a joke with our fans.

I also talked to a lot of Fax fans on the way out and not a single one mentioned about been embarrassed by the fans behaviour.

Game wise I thought we were sloppy and it didn't look like the week off had done us good but it was one of those where you never felt we were going to lose. Unfortunatley the other games are going the way I expected but hopefully Fev can find some energy to sneak that one as it sounds like what I suggested would happen is happening.

14 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Are Toulouse gonna contest enough games to qualify for the playoffs????? Times running out now.......

They already have enough.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

What is it 13 they need for the playoffs?  Should be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

16 init ??? 

Not anymore 

The Betfred Championship table will be determined by win points percentage to allow for the fact that not all fixtures will be fulfilled.

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So they are in no matter what? 

Not necessarily.

The win percentage is what decides the place in the table, but teams still have to play at least 16 matches to qualify for the play-offs, unless they are only short of the 16 matches due to quarantine restrictions.

It looks as though Toulouse could be short of 16 matches because of teams not travelling to them due to quarantine restrictions. So they will almost certainly qualify for the play-offs even if they don't play 16 matches.

6 minutes ago, POR said:

EVERYBODY's in no matter what

No, there's a minimum number of games to be fulfilled.

Which is 16 for everybody except Toulouse.

Toulouse are fulfilling all their away games and they've had three home games, so they'll finish up with 14.

39 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Are Toulouse gonna contest enough games to qualify for the playoffs????? Times running out now.......

When the RFL are allowing nearly all their home games to be rubbed out what are they supposed to do? 

9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

When the RFL are allowing nearly all their home games to be rubbed out what are they supposed to do? 

They need 7 more games, they have 5 remaining away games, I'd select 2 home games to play at a cheap & convenient location in England. 

6 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

They need 7 more games, they have 5 remaining away games, I'd select 2 home games to play at a cheap & convenient location in England. 

Why? They haven't done anything wrong. They are a full time team and can travel back and forth under the elite sports team rule. They are preparing for SL. It is not their fault everyone bar London are part-time. Even London were full time and bailed out and forfeited. There is an argument they should have received 24-0 for all of those games (I don't agree with that but it is a valid point). They are being held to different rules to everyone else yet being asked to qualify under the same rules as everyone else.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Why? They haven't done anything wrong. They are a full time team and can travel back and forth under the elite sports team rule. They are preparing for SL. It is not their fault everyone bar London are part-time. Even London were full time and bailed out and forfeited. There is an argument they should have received 24-0 for all of those games (I don't agree with that but it is a valid point). They are being held to different rules to everyone else yet being asked to qualify under the same rules as everyone else.

Why? Because play within the rules in order to qualify for the playoffs or don't enter the comp.....they knew the rules at the start, every team had in effect a 6 game fudge factor including Toulouse. So the club must have worked out they have 11 away games in the bag and they were on dodgy ground with needing a minimum of 5 more. Put a contingency plan in place to ensure Playoff qualification, which they must have done because they've already played 2 home games in England haven't they? So this is all a big bag of wind. The Club is just trying to look as hard done by as possible. 

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Why? Because play within the rules in order to qualify for the playoffs or don't enter the comp.....they knew the rules at the start, every team had in effect a 6 game fudge factor including Toulouse. So the club must have worked out they have 11 away games in the bag and they were on dodgy ground with needing a minimum of 5 more. Put a contingency plan in place to ensure Playoff qualification, which they must have done because they've already played 2 home games in England haven't they? So this is all a big bag of wind. The Club is just trying to look as hard done by as possible. 

Could you imagine Toulouse being allowed by the RFL to postpone nearly all their away games because some of their squad had to take time off work to fulfil the fixtures? The Championship clubs would have kicked off and said they should be punished.

They got fixtures like everyone else - half at home and half away. It is not their fault and allowances should be made for the RFL allowing Championship clubs to call off games in France.

25 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

They don't need to play 16 games.

5 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Why? Because play within the rules in order to qualify for the playoffs or don't enter the comp.....they knew the rules at the start ........

Unlike yourself.

Just now, Scubby said:

Could you imagine Toulouse being allowed by the RFL to postpone nearly all their away games because some of their squad had to take time off work to fulfil the fixtures? The Championship clubs would have kicked off and said they should be punished.

They got fixtures like everyone else - half at home and half away. It is not their fault and allowances should be made for the RFL allowing Championship clubs to call off games in France.

The RFL should cover the cost of getting the Toulouse home games relocated to ensure the minimum needed, that would be a better compromise and show good will. All I'm looking at is the table and it looks mad as, 100% Toulouse and Fev and then the 2nd metric, they are 8 points behind!!! It's hideous looking.....

Archived