Thu 22 Jul: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Some Saints fans wanted to re-sign Savelio. That shows why you’d not want him. At times, he’s an utter moron. 

Still wanting to fight going down tunnell

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Gag Jermaine. 

Idiot, players should have all been told how to respond to WC questions. 

If that was how they have been told its dumb. 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Giants comfortable in the end,  played well, Hodgson finds out what Hull are about and what a task he's got on his hands, at least they didn't collapse and concede 50+ like in previous seasons. savellio is to wind up isn't he.

Hull had little to offer tonight, I thought their tries were pretty soft and the margin could have been much more. They certainly missed Connor who often sparks them into life. Defensively they were soft and overall a bit lethargic.

Huddersfield had more energy and possibly will be tougher to beat from now on. Pryce looks like a real star of the future.

14 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

What did he say Padge?

It's not a World Cup without the Aussies, he should have said if they want concede that is up to them. 

13 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Basically said the World Cup wasn’t worth winning without the Aussies in it.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

It's not a World Cup without the Aussies, he should have said if they want concede that is up to them. 

No words…

Christ we needed that!

I feared after 4 minutes, we looked soft at the start but gradually worked out way back into it and our energy levels and attitude were superb.

It just shows what can happen when you have a TEAM rather than individuals only in it for their own interests.

Really impressed with our youngsters, Pryce, Russell, Hewitt, were all magnificent, Jerry was back to his barnstorming best, Leroy showing he's still got a bit of class, Jones and Yates, awesome, the Leigh lads have given us a bit of energy, I thought we totally outplayed Hull for large parts and but for some soft tries conceded and more of Olly's kicks on target, it could have been a bigger win.

Not sure what went off at the end, think Jones nutted Savelio who was being a bit of a dick and threw his toys out?

Brilliant win though, the performances haven't been matching the results, tonight it did.

22 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Well didn't expect that result. Huddersfield really put in the effort and energy. Liked the look of price, another young un with great promise.

Pryce has been doing that in the academy for the last 2 years since he stepped up from the scholarship.

I just hope we keep hold of him and nurture him right!

He's shown more in 2 and bit games than Sezer has shown in 16 months.

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

It looks strange doesnt it when you look at the complete mess and joke it is in general but that gets picked up

You are correct how you describe the current PTB situation in Super League. There is no playing of the ball with the foot just rolling the ball between the legs- so call it what it is RTB!

McGillvary being penalised was total irony because he is one of only a handful of players in SL (Welsby is another) who always  gets to his feet,places the ball on the ground and plays it back with his foot.

7 hours ago, meast said:

Christ we needed that!

I feared after 4 minutes, we looked soft at the start but gradually worked out way back into it and our energy levels and attitude were superb.

It just shows what can happen when you have a TEAM rather than individuals only in it for their own interests.

Really impressed with our youngsters, Pryce, Russell, Hewitt, were all magnificent, Jerry was back to his barnstorming best, Leroy showing he's still got a bit of class, Jones and Yates, awesome, the Leigh lads have given us a bit of energy, I thought we totally outplayed Hull for large parts and but for some soft tries conceded and more of Olly's kicks on target, it could have been a bigger win.

Not sure what went off at the end, think Jones nutted Savelio who was being a bit of a dick and threw his toys out?

Brilliant win though, the performances haven't been matching the results, tonight it did.

Any idea what the attendance was @meast? It’s hard to tell on tv, sounded like there were a fair few there though?

No drama for Hull. Looked like a side that hasn't taken the field in a month and were defensively very soft. Poor discipline also.

Giants deserved winners and after a couple of close games against Wigan that will come as a huge relief. They looked more battle hardened and very determined.

Thought the final shot by Savelio was fair on the young kid? Surely didn't get penalised? Thought Jones put more effort into the altercation then he did in his entire Hull career!

9 hours ago, meast said:

Christ we needed that!

THIS!!

Just posted something similar in the Huddersfield Giants topic.  Can not fault any of the players last night.  They had a game plan and stuck to it.

If we had lost last night then I would have been very worried going in to Saints, Cas & Wakey in the next 3 matches, but now am a bit more confident and feel that we should be looking at at least 2 wins from them matches if not 3.

Thought Wardle had a quiet match but not concerned as he has been a bright spark for us for so much of the season so far, it was good to see others take up the mantle.

Onwards and upwards!!

26 minutes ago, boris74 said:

Thought the final shot by Savelio was fair on the young kid? Surely didn't get penalised? Thought Jones put more effort into the altercation then he did in his entire Hull career!

Have to admit i wasn't massively impressed to hear that we had signed Jones after watching him at Hull.

But Watson knows him and knows how to get the best out of him and it has been a great bit of business.

Fearing he wil get 2 or 3 matches for what happened at the end of the match, which will be a big loss for us.

It was a poor performance from Hull, the worst under Hodgson by a distance. I can't get too upset though. We looked rusty and off the pace after not playing for nearly a month, and only really had one pivot in Sneyd. I expect us to be much better against Leeds.

15 hours ago, meast said:

Don't judge us and Watson on the last few months of this season, we have been a right mess, we haven't ever been able to get anything like our main pivots or our spine on the training field never mind for a matchday.

Judge us when we have a settled team not when we're having to chuck anyone in to make a 17 up 👍

I tipped Hudds to be near the top and last nights episode apart (which I’ve not seen) the type of game is a stepchange different to Salford’s when Watson was there and he’s brought a good few of his own choices in.  So that and what I’ve seen is the reason.  Nothing else.

12 hours ago, MZH said:

I don't like to write off young players before they've had a proper chance but McNamara won't make it at the top level. He defends well for his size, but apart from that there's nothing about him whatsoever that suggests he will be a top player. He's a passenger in this game and has been in most games he's played.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it.

No real spark in attack has he? Very strong defender who can pass a ball with the occasional kick.

Modern day Tommy Lee who may end up at hooker?

19 minutes ago, boris74 said:

No real spark in attack has he? Very strong defender who can pass a ball with the occasional kick.

Modern day Tommy Lee who may end up at hooker?

I just think halfback is one of those positions where players tend to either have it or not. It's not like props who mature later in their career. Of course you don't expect a 19/20 year old half to be the finished article, but they usually show something. Most of the best half backs in the game were already great half backs at the age of 20. Ben just hasn't shown me anything tbh.

Like you mention, his future might be at hooker. He's pretty quick, he can pass, and he's a really solid defender for his size. As he matures and bulks up he could go alright there.

Archived