Bulldogs v Thunder

Batley Bob

Hope a couple of injuries are healing, regardless of how everybody has pulled together I still think we really miss Tonks, he's a great presence.

On 21/07/2021 at 22:33, silverback said:

Us by plenty if we play like second half at dews.we were on fire and could have had over 50 with a little more thought near the line. 44-20 to the doggies.

Don’t want to take anything away from Batley but I don’t think Newcastle will be as bad as we were.

44 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Don’t want to take anything away from Batley but I don’t think Newcastle will be as bad as we were.

You might be right graham fella, But the best thing about this seasons players is they can lift the game a bit if its looking tough,if we click and get on a roll we look great and play some cracking rugby, i have a good feeling about these last few games.:kolobok_wild:

UP THE DOGGIES.

23 minutes ago, silverback said:

You might be right graham fella, But the best thing about this seasons players is they can lift the game a bit if its looking tough,if we click and get on a roll we look great and play some cracking rugby, i have a good feeling about these last few games.:kolobok_wild:

UP THE DOGGIES.

Well said silverback . It's been a cracking season so far. Probably better than most expected.  A win tomorrow will put us in good steady for the playoffs.  Here's to a great season .

1 hour ago, silverback said:

UP THE DOGGIES.

Totally agree with you Silverback. Also living in Great Yarmouth I am so missing the Our League coverage from earlier in the season.

Newcastle have a big pack 2 lively halfbacks some quick outside backs and the everlasting Bob Beswick

Although well beaten at FEV their heads never dropped and they played the full 80

Despite the score 68-12 and as daft as it sounds they played some good rugby

I think your defence will have to be on the ball  all the game because Newcastle keep coming and if it doesn't do the job you ask from it Newcastle will score 

We played well 7.5/10 

we need to learn to pull the trigger when in attack more but I’m sure CL will be telling them we could of had more points in both halves our defence was good but they scored of 19 tackles in the first & 43 tackles in the second half. Our skill level has improved but we still can’t be making basic errors against the better teams... 

game was over after 25 minutes Newcastle put everything into that & struggled badly... 

I thought we were OK at best - a bit patchy but way too good for NT. We weren't as slick as we could have been on their line but defence was pretty strong. They were solid but nothing more,  though had a decent high kicking game that we struggled with at times. 

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

I thought we were OK at best - a bit patchy but way too good for NT. We weren't as slick as we could have been on their line but defence was pretty strong. They were solid but nothing more,  though had a decent high kicking game that we struggled with at times. 

Agree with this, NT started very poorly and we took advantage, although that third try of ours looked decidedly dodgy. Too many handling errors, trying to squeeze the ball out and what's with kicking on the first tackle of a fresh set, did the ref not make it clear? 

Was a great result, need to tighten up for next few games though if we want to push on for one of those top slots. 

BB our field kicking hasn't been great all season, it's been so predictable, always 6th tackle, always long, we rarely put up kicks that we can challenge, relying on defenders dropping, we play on a pitch which falls away more than 20 feet...how many 40/20's have we pulled off? Varying the timing and types of kick might be useful. Somebody ring Henry Oulton and ask for his advice.

55 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

have you watched any games this season as ive seen us kick on the 4th tackle a few times, agree we dont try for many 40 -20 kicks at home and the master of the slope IMHO was Stan Gittins  he would have had a field day with 40 -20 rule.

We kicked one yesterday or were my eyes closed it came in the 1st set up the slope and we scored from it

yesterday the kick on the first tackle came from Buchanan who followed it up in the final minute forced a drop out... Gilmore kick for the third try was something different too 

hopefully we are starting to click just at the right time of the season 

22 hours ago, phildog said:

BB our field kicking hasn't been great all season, it's been so predictable, always 6th tackle, always long, we rarely put up kicks that we can challenge, relying on defenders dropping, we play on a pitch which falls away more than 20 feet...how many 40/20's have we pulled off? Varying the timing and types of kick might be useful. Somebody ring Henry Oulton and ask for his advice.

20 feet ???     🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, greensman01 said:

20 feet ???     🤣🤣🤣

how tall are you ?. 

I just checked, it says in one write up from years ago the slope is 3.6 metres, or 11 feet 8 Inches in old money. 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived