Magic Weekend

Been thinking about the Magic Weekend in early September. I am fearing that this may descend into chaos. If the steady run of postponements keep happening, then we could see one or more games or worst case scenario even a day wiped out. There could be a situation where fixtures and schedules and rearranged at the last minute. I'm not convinced that Super League have thought through hosting a Magic Weekend this year.

36 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Been thinking about the Magic Weekend in early September. I am fearing that this may descend into chaos. If the steady run of postponements keep happening, then we could see one or more games or worst case scenario even a day wiped out. There could be a situation where fixtures and schedules and rearranged at the last minute. I'm not convinced that Super League have thought through hosting a Magic Weekend this year.

I think they’ve had to take a calculated risk for financial and contractural reasons tbf.

You might be right though and it could fail.

Seems a fluid situation generally.

From August 16th or so fully vaccinated folk will no longer need to self isolate is the current mantra. So providing the players have had 2 jabs by then, which most surely must be coming up to now, then no problem with cancellations any more?

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

From August 16th or so fully vaccinated folk will no longer need to self isolate is the current mantra. So providing the players have had 2 jabs by then, which most surely must be coming up to now, then no problem with cancellations any more?

Hopefully. It will certainly will help. I remember reading an article in January slightly off topic however the Burnley Football manager wanted the Premier League to fast track vaccines so games wouldn't have been cancelled. I know that was a ridiculous idea so early on however I am surprised now that sports clubs haven't been investing in "vaccinating their own" 

28 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

for me this is 100% it.. most of the issues are the 1 person testing positive means 6-7 isolating.. we are not seeing 6-7 testing positive.. when its juts 1 going down it will be just an injury or an illness in normal times.

Archived