NRL Players Off Contract At End Of 2021

BRONCOS

Off-contract: Jesse Arthars, John Asiata, Dale Copley, Alex Glenn, Danny Levi, Anthony Milford, Tesi Niu, Keenan Palasia, Ben Te’o

RAIDERS

Off-contract: Caleb Aekins, Matt Frawley, Siliva Havili, Albert Hopoate, Dunamis Lui, Jordan Rapana, Harley Smith-Shields, Iosia Soliola, Sam Williams

BULLDOGS

Off-contract: Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanos, Chris Smith

SHARKS

Off-contract: Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Mawene Hiroti, Nene Macdonald, Billy Magoulias, Matt Moylan, Kyle Paterson, Aiden Tolman, Aaron Woods

TITANS

Off-contract: Tanah Boyd, Anthony Don, Darius Farmer, Sam McIntyre, Tyrone Peachey, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Sam Stone, Ashley Taylor, Jai Whitbread

SEA EAGLES

Off-contract: Morgan Boyle, Tevita Funa, Jack Gosiewski, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker

STORM

Off-contract: Dale Finucane, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Max King, Isaac Lumelume, Tepai Moeroa, Darryn Schonig

WARRIORS

Off-contract: Leeson Ah Mau, Tom Ale, Jackson Frei, Sean O’Sullivan

KNIGHTS

Off-contract: Phoenix Crossland, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tex Hoy, Josh King, Edrick Lee, Enari Tuala, Connor Watson

COWBOYS

Off-contract: Corey Jensen, Justin O’Neill, Murray Taulagi, Shane Wright

RABBITOHS

Off-contract: Braidon Burns, Joshua Cook, Troy Dargan, Dane Gagai, Brock Gardner, Dean Hawkins, Patrick Mago, Benji Marshall, Tautau Moga, Mark Nicholls

EELS

Off-contract: Bryce Cartwright, Blake Ferguson, Samuel Hughes, Joey Lussick, Michael Oldfield, Jordan Rankin, Will Smith, Ray Stone

PANTHERS

Off-contract: Tyrone May, Jaeman Salmon, Scott Sorensen

DRAGONS

Off-contract: Gerard Beale, Billy Brittain, Kaide Ellis, Tyrell Fuimaono, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira

ROOSTERS

Off-contract: Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Drew Hutchison, Matt Ikuvalu, Josh Morris, Billy Smith

TIGERS

Off-contract: Tom Amone, Michael Chee-Kam, Zac Cini, Thomas Mikaele, Russell Packer, Alex Seyfarth, Billy Walters

See the full breakdown of each team's probably moves and shopping list here.

Players in purple are possible retirements.

For Wests, it's pretty simple. Billy Walters is already signed by Broncos, let Packer go - anywhere, just anywhere. Hell half the Tigers' fans will pick him up and drive him there. Mikaele is the pick of that unsigned bunch but the rest ar worth keeping because they'd mostly be minimum wage. Cini was a schoolboy star and he's only 21 so we'll definitely need wing/FB cover at some stage in the year. Chee Kam has always been cover but he averages about 14-15 games a year and won't be in huge demand so, at 29, I'd give him another year.

Dale Finucane has said he’d be happy to stay at Storm to see his career out (he’s only 29). All the same he’s been looking round and has been approached by a number of clubs interesting in gaining his services… Cowboys, Knights, Wests, even Dragons though they seemed to lose interest when they got J deB back.

What the game does for you eh? 29? He looks older than any 29 year old I know.

Just seen this on Fox Sports NRL website:

Dale Finucane:

Cowboys are the latest one to table a three-year $600,000 a season deal.”

“He has got a big decision to make and I think he will make it in the next couple of days I reckon,” Brent Read said.

“Those other clubs are Melbourne has obviously put an offer in to Dale, Cronulla, the Dragons, Newcastle and the Gold Coast.

“They have all put offers on the table with Dale. The expectation is he will make a decision before the weekend. I’m told he will make a decision on Friday.

“He has got a big decision to make because by the sounds of it the Storm I wouldn’t say have given up hope of keeping him, but they are long shots to keep him.

“Dale will be on the move it is just a matter of where he goes.”

I'd like him to stay a Storm as he is a well liked senior member of the team, one of the leaders and a strong character to boot. If money decides it I suspect he will be on the move as the article suggests. After all big money is at stake and you just have one playing career that could finish at any time.

In terms of playing at the best club for his form and future I'd say he should stay put. Of the others, well which would you go for?

2 hours ago, Graham said:

In terms of playing at the best club for his form and future I'd say he should stay put. Of the others, well which would you go for?

Originally he came from the South Coast of NSW so St George might be a chance. It depends how much he's on in Melbourne. I would have thought he was already on $600K/season and I'm a bit surprised that is the offer from the Cows.

Pangai Jr has been released from the Broncos with immediate effect.

https://www.zerotackle.com/breaking-tevita-pangai-junior-released-immediately-107423/

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2021 at 18:08, Farmduck said:

DRAGONS

Off-contract: Gerard Beale, Billy Brittain, Kaide Ellis, Tyrell Fuimaono, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira

I hope the Dragons wave goodbye to the lot of them

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Updated. With 8 teams about to start their break I suppose there will be a lot of decisions made soon.

BRONCOS

Off-contract:  John Asiata, Danny Levi,  Tesi Niu, Keenan Palasia, Ben Te’o

RAIDERS

Off-contract: Caleb Aekins, Matt Frawley, Siliva Havili, Albert Hopoate, Dunamis Lui,  Harley Smith-Shields, Iosia Soliola, Sam Williams

BULLDOGS

Off-contract: Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, James Roumanos, Chris Smith

SHARKS

Off-contract: Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Mawene Hiroti, Nene Macdonald, Billy Magoulias,  Kyle Paterson, Aiden Tolman, Aaron Woods

TITANS

Off-contract: Tanah Boyd,  Darius Farmer, Sam McIntyre, Tyrone Peachey, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Sam Stone, Ashley Taylor, Jai Whitbread

SEA EAGLES

Off-contract: Morgan Boyle, Tevita Funa, Jack Gosiewski, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker

STORM

Off-contract:  Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Max King, Isaac Lumelume, Tepai Moeroa, Darryn Schonig

WARRIORS

Off-contract: Leeson Ah Mau, Tom Ale, Jackson Frei, Sean O’Sullivan

KNIGHTS

Off-contract: Phoenix Crossland, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tex Hoy,  Edrick Lee, Enari Tuala,

COWBOYS

Off-contract: Corey Jensen, Justin O’Neill,  Shane Wright

RABBITOHS

Off-contract: Braidon Burns, Joshua Cook, Troy Dargan, Brock Gardner, Dean Hawkins,  Benji Marshall, Tautau Moga, Mark Nicholls

EELS

Off-contract:  Blake Ferguson, Samuel Hughes, Joey Lussick, Michael Oldfield, Jordan Rankin, Will Smith, Ray Stone

PANTHERS

Off-contract: Tyrone May, Jaeman Salmon,

DRAGONS

Off-contract: Gerard Beale, Billy Brittain,  Tyrell Fuimaono, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira

ROOSTERS

Off-contractJosh Morris,

TIGERS

Off-contract: Tom Amone, Michael Chee-Kam, Zac Cini,  Russell Packer,

They are also saving a huge packet on Shaun Johnson and Chad Townsend.

I can't see anyone signing Dugan. Especially after his most recent Covid infraction. The guy is a moron.

At the right price Woods would be a good spare forward. Tolman I could see in SL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2021 at 04:11, R L Winger said:

I hope the Dragons wave goodbye to the lot of them

Read this today:

“Dragons have farewelled 10 players including skipper Cameron McInnes, fullback Matt Dufty and five-eighth Corey Norman.

McInnes didn’t play a game for the Red V this year after suffering an ACL injury during pre-season. He will join the Sharks on a four-year deal next season.

Dufty’s five-years with the Dragons have come to an end after a season where he struggled to nail down the No.1 jersey under new coach Anthony Griffin. The 25-year-old has taken up a one-year deal with the Bulldogs.

Norman played 59 games for the club after arriving in 2019. Despite having over 220 NRL games of experience, the club has opted to invest in its youth and did not offer the 30-year-old a new deal. He is yet to secure a club for 2022.

Also departing the Dragons is Adam Clune, who is heading to the Knights, Broncos bound Jordan Pereira, Kaide Ellis, who is heading to the Super League, Brayden Wiliame, who is switching to rugby union and Hayden Lomax, Gerard Beale and Billy Brittain.”

15th September 2021

The Gold Coast Titans announced a major overhaul of their roster on Tuesday afternoon, confirming Tyrone Peachey and five other players would leave the club at the end of the season.

Peachey was joined by Ashley Taylor, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Sam Stone and Jai Whitbread to exit the Gold Coast.

While Stone and Whitbread will head to the English Super League and join the Leigh Centurions, the remaining players are yet to have their futures sorted out.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

15th September 2021

The Gold Coast Titans announced a major overhaul of their roster on Tuesday afternoon, confirming Tyrone Peachey and five other players would leave the club at the end of the season.

Peachey was joined by Ashley Taylor, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Sam Stone and Jai Whitbread to exit the Gold Coast.

While Stone and Whitbread will head to the English Super League and join the Leigh Centurions, the remaining players are yet to have their futures sorted out.

Peachey and Taylor will surely find somewhere in the NRL given their experience? I know Taylor has never lived up to the initial hype, but its not that long ago Tyrone was in State of Origin contention.

Archived