23 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's a worry, he's nailed on for England but I'm absolutely convinced he'll get an injury that will keep him out of the WC. 

He's far from nailed on for an England spot. He's barely played the last 2 years through injury or concussion. I'd say there's at least 4 or 5 other wingers in form and/or vastly experienced at that level who are ahead of him (Makinson, Davis, McGilvray, Hall, Manfredi). Wing is one areas We have a choice so no need to take a risk with an injury prone player.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He's far from nailed on for an England spot. He's barely played the last 2 years through injury or concussion. I'd say there's at least 4 or 5 other wingers in form and/or vastly experienced at that level who are ahead of him (Makinson, Davis, McGilvray, Hall, Manfredi). Wing is one areas We have a choice so no need to take a risk with an injury prone player.

Behave ST… the ones in bold. If Johnstone is fit, he should be a certain starter… we need pace. 

Lineham to trinity is a done deal, has been for over a week so “ongoing negotiations” is a load of rubbish. I don’t see how they have managed to afford the money he has been offered but that’s for them to work out. Johnstone is staying. 2 of their highest paid players are set to be their wingers. Lost the plot.

17 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Behave ST… the ones in bold. If Johnstone is fit, he should be a certain starter… we need pace. 

But that isn't the quote I responded to. If he's fit and on form then yes he is probably in with a very good chance of getting one of the wing spots, but as things stand now he certainly isn't. He's barely played over the last 2 years and his body seems to be struggling with the rigours of the game (reminds me a lot of Lomax in his younger days and he had to drastically change his entire training regime to help him get over his persistent injuries). On top of that It also appears that Johnstone may have an ongoing issue with concussion.

So based on the above Johnston certainly isn't a shoe-in for a test spot, he has an awful lot to do between now and the end of the season to prove he should get a test shirt.

Will the transfer fee involve money and bandages or will Wire have to buy them seperately?

Cracking player but way, way too injury prone and unless any club has got miracle medical staff i'm surprised anyone would take him.

Bet Wakey are delighted to be getting money and an extra squad player for more than 8 weeks a season.

20 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Yes but does he have pace now?   I very much hope he has and I wish him well.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Cracking player but way, way too injury prone and unless any club has got miracle medical staff

Have you forgotten, they do. Jesus is on the Wire training staff, i mean one touch from him and King miraculously got up to sprint back into the defensive line against Saints - although it didn't last long with him collapsing again on the try line 😁.

Johnson's gonna need a full on Jesus massage to keep him fit !!!!  

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Have you forgotten, they do. Jesus is on the Wire training staff, i mean one touch from him and King miraculously got up to sprint back into the defensive line against Saints - although it didn't last long with him collapsing again on the try line 😁.

Johnson's gonna need a full on Jesus massage to keep him fit !!!!  

Well Jesus was visited by 3 Kings so its only fair to treat a King when required, not sure what qualifications he has though. 

On 23/07/2021 at 12:25, daz39 said:

Bet Wakey are delighted to be getting money and an extra squad player for more than 8 weeks a season.

Very few Wakefield fans want shut of TJ.  Fortunately neither do the guys in charge.  More importantly TJ himself seems settled enough too.

Non Wakefield fans always pushing for the two parties to break up.  Wonder why?

Lewis Murphy has all this to come.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

16 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Very few Wakefield fans want shut of TJ.  Fortunately neither do the guys in charge.  More importantly TJ himself seems settled enough too.

Non Wakefield fans always pushing for the two parties to break up.  Wonder why?

Lewis Murphy has all this to come.

I suppose in a similar way to Harry Kane, Tom Johnstone needs to make a decision whether he wants to win trophies, play in big games or play for his hometown club. He will be 26 in August and for all his class he has played in 0 finals and has only 1 international cap. Given his unfortunate run with injuries his next contract could be his last.

51 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I suppose in a similar way to Harry Kane, Tom Johnstone needs to make a decision whether he wants to win trophies, play in big games or play for his hometown club. He will be 26 in August and for all his class he has played in 0 finals and has only 1 international cap. Given his unfortunate run with injuries his next contract could be his last.

He’s such a great entertainer, he deserves a bigger stage. I don’t mean that to sound disrespectful to Wakefield, but imagine swapping him for Makinson in the Saints academy - I think he’d already be in the RL history books.

Well I am not interested in the fake news stuff. I heard about this move about 6 weeks ago. Guy who told me spot on 99% so I would put my money on him leaving trin. 

Secondly ,I know Carter is stupid and hasn't got a clue on rugby stuff, Chester is not much better. But ask yourselves why would a cash strapped club like wakey spend on lineham. They have TJ,kaye,Kershaw and also signed Murphy who will very soon be ready,if not already. The squad is desperate for strengthening in may areas , but  not wingers if TJ is staying. 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

He’s such a great entertainer, he deserves a bigger stage. I don’t mean that to sound disrespectful to Wakefield, but imagine swapping him for Makinson in the Saints academy - I think he’d already be in the RL history books.

How would that prevent injuries?  Look at Manfredi, probably better than Johnstone when he burst on the scene and there is no bigger stage in RL than playing for the most famous RL team in the world.  

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

57 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

How would that prevent injuries?  Look at Manfredi, probably better than Johnstone when he burst on the scene and there is no bigger stage in RL than playing for the most famous RL team in the world.  

I think you’ve misunderstood my post. What I’m saying is that if Johnstone was in Makinson’s place in the Saints team he would have no doubt played in big finals and more internationals by now, and likely scored great tries in those games that would remembered for the occasion. As it stands, a lot of his fantastic moments are hard to recall because they weren’t on the big stage. But yes, I’m sure he would be as injury-prone too.

11 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think you’ve misunderstood my post. What I’m saying is that if Johnstone was in Makinson’s place in the Saints team he would have no doubt played in big finals and more internationals by now, and likely scored great tries in those games that would remembered for the occasion. As it stands, a lot of his fantastic moments are hard to recall because they weren’t on the big stage. But yes, I’m sure he would be as injury-prone too.

Yeah but considering he started off at Leeds scholarship he obviously might have been similarly overlooked at Saints or farmed out.  It's a case of if my Auntie had a pair but I get your point in a perfect world.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived