Huddersfield Giants

Sam Wood to HKR

Sezer to Leeds

Gavet returns to Australia 

Edwards allegedly Sacked? 

all appears not well? Ken Davey prepared to spend money….but the recruitment is very poor. Nobody of any repute wants to play for the giants. Hill from Warrington is being courted! Useless! Too old? Also chasing Mason from Leigh. That’s a sensation! 

17 minutes ago, Stirk said:

Sam Wood to HKR

Sezer to Leeds

all appears not well? Ken Davey prepared to spend money….but the recruitment is very poor. Nobody of any repute wants to play for the giants. Hill from Warrington is being courted! Useless! Too old? Also chasing Mason from Leigh. That’s a sensation! 

Of those leaving only Wood is a surprise. Sezer was always going to move on, either in SL or NRL; Edwards was given a second chance by Huddersfield and proved that it was a mistake by them.

Watson was never expected to be successful in his first season but to build towards a sustainable squad within two. I believe that is what he is trying to do; whether he will succeed is another matter.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Stirk said:

Sam Wood to HKR

Sezer to Leeds

I don't get what you are trying to say.  Sezar  is out of contract,  this is nothing to do with Giants.  Money bags and somewhat desperate Leeds are paying him a load of dosh. 

Is Sam Wood a household name even in his own living room?

Sezer had everything to do with the giants? Did they even try to retain his services? The same thing happened with Brett Hodgson. In addition what has happened to Robinson? He appears to be non existent. Gaskell….apparently got injured when he felt the need! Now he’s going to Wakefield, who is actually being recruited that any giants fan can be excited about!  It’s quite apparent the giants jersey means nothing to anyone? 

2 hours ago, Stirk said:

Hill from Warrington is being courted! Useless! Too old? Also chasing Mason from Leigh. That’s a sensation! 

Hill useless and too old, yet he is one of the form props this season, I hope Huddersfield fail in signing Hill and he gives Warrington one last season, he certainly better than any Huddersfield prop this season. 

2 hours ago, Stirk said:

Sam Wood to HKR

Sezer to Leeds

Sam Wood wanted more game time and didn't think he could get it at the Giants, so has decided to seek employment elsewhere.

Aiden Sezer, is out of contract and has decided to seek employment elsewhere.

James Gavet has been granted an immediate release due to a family issue.

Kenny Edwards is currently serving a ban for his " misdemeanour" .

How does make thing appear not well?

How has the recruitment been very poor? Yates, Jones and Leutele have been 3 of our outstanding players.

Hill is a target simply because we lack experienced guys in the middle and he would fit into what Watson wants, same with Mason, he's a Giants academy graduate and a decent, experienced middle who knows the club and would probably work well with Watto and GB.

I think you're just trying to be naughty really?

37 minutes ago, Stirk said:

Sezer had everything to do with the giants? Did they even try to retain his services? The same thing happened with Brett Hodgson. In addition what has happened to Robinson? He appears to be non existent. Gaskell….apparently got injured when he felt the need! Now he’s going to Wakefield, who is actually being recruited that any giants fan can be excited about!  It’s quite apparent the giants jersey means nothing to anyone? 

Sezer was offered a contract extension but declined and sought to accept employment elsewhere, he's hopefully going to see his 2 year deal out then move on.

Brett Hodgson was offered a deal but one that wasn't accepted by himself, so he chose to move on.

Gaskell, will have seen out his contract and accepted an offer of employment elsewhere.

Robinson? as in Luke Robinson? the assistant coach Luke Robinson?

Ian Watson is the head coach now and he has been given 3 years to rebuild the team, the people who are leaving, don't fit into his plans or want to be part of his plans.

What's the issue exactly?

I think given where the Giants were in 2020, people would rightly have expected more of them in 2021 under a new coach, who brought in quite a number of new players. They’ve certainly underwhelmed. When there’s high player turnover, it’s never a good sign of a settled club environment, but maybe there’s dead wood there that Watson feels he needs to get rid of. I think the jury is out still but I expected him to do a lot better with the players at his disposal. 

The Sleeve is well known for getting players to moderate their contract demands. All those Leeds players from them trophy winning years said " we can all get more money elsewhere,  but we feel we are making the correct decision staying here " if Sezer is not a Marquee signing he will be obviously well paid ,but not over the odds 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I think given where the Giants were in 2020, people would rightly have expected more of them in 2021 under a new coach, who brought in quite a number of new players. They’ve certainly underwhelmed. When there’s high player turnover, it’s never a good sign of a settled club environment, but maybe there’s dead wood there that Watson feels he needs to get rid of. I think the jury is out still but I expected him to do a lot better with the players at his disposal. 

We probably bigged ourselves up too much pre season to try and shift season tickets.

The cold hard facts are that there's a lot of things to turn around, players that aren't want he wants and also we've not had any kind of settled team all season, never mind getting a settled team on the field of play, we've struggled to get them into training!

Not many teams do well in that scenario

On 21/07/2021 at 17:18, Stirk said:

Does anyone who follows the Giants have a clue to what is happening? James Gavet now left the room? That’s three this week.

On 21/07/2021 at 21:01, Stirk said:

🤣🤣🤣that doesn’t take much! The giants are in a mess! 11 from 12 teams? With Leigh struggling as they obviously are the giants might just avoid relegation! 

Did you see the match last night??  What are/were your thoughts on the Giants after that performance??

It has been said many times by Giants fans that Watson has a massive job on his hands to turn the fortune of the club around and move on the players he doesn't want and more importantly who don't to buy in to the club and Watson's philosophy.

I appreaciate one swallow doesn't make a summer, but every single player out there gave 100% for 80mins to ensure we got a much needed win. No eggo's, no self indulgent, they all stuck to the plan and executed it very well.

Yes we still lack a bit of grunt and experience up front but when you have WIll Pryce playing in just his 4th senior level game, Olly Russell who can't have played more 25 games and several forwards who are also still finding their feet at SL level, it shows that if we can continue to get them buying in to a good coaches philosophy, plan and process they will improve no end.

From what I can see Huddersfield are not finishing in the part of the table they want to so has brought a coach in who is proven at turning a club around, he has had a look and choose who will fit into his system and who wants to play for the right reasons and is clearing out the rest. He did similar at Salford and took them to the right level.

Last nights game showed his decisions are right and he spoke about the players having the right attitude, attitude and desire are more important that skill alone.

Having watched Fartown v Hull for the first time in sept 1954 which ended in a 7-7 draw the result last night was refreshing and badly needed, for a change the giants stuck at their task… still a long way to go!

I don’t think Huddersfield are that far off, in all honesty. Of the eleven games they’ve lost, only three have been by more than 12 points, so there’s some very small positives to take from that. Given the youth they’ve had to blood this year, it’s a good sign that they’re staying in games for lengthy periods.

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Last nights Hull team was at best running at 50%, this season is all about when you play clubs in relation to covid

Except when you play Leigh of course, because that's a guaranteed 2 points for all 😁

39 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Except when you play Leigh of course, because that's a guaranteed 2 points for all 😁

Guaranteed that would happen on the 14th December 2020, I told you all many times before a ball was kicked this season, so not much of a revelation in that statement DD no surprises there.

The Giants have just had 11 players go through surgery for a variety of injuries. Before the season was a couple of weeks old they had two players suffer season ending injuries. They’ve had the normal number of short term injuries that you’d expect in any season and they’ve had their fair share of Covid-19 cases. Added into that they lost five players to the Mid Season England match and Kenny Edwards to long term suspension.

Is it any wonder they’re finding it difficult to gain their form under a new coach?

3 hours ago, OMEGA said:

The Giants have just had 11 players go through surgery for a variety of injuries. Before the season was a couple of weeks old they had two players suffer season ending injuries. They’ve had the normal number of short term injuries that you’d expect in any season and they’ve had their fair share of Covid-19 cases. Added into that they lost five players to the Mid Season England match and Kenny Edwards to long term suspension.

Is it any wonder they’re finding it difficult to gain their form under a new coach?

There are also lots of positive things to come out of our "lull"

Sezer, Gaskell and Cogger's misfortune has been Olly Russell and Will Pryce's gain, Olly has been a stand in for a couple of years but now, in effect he's the senior half back, I wouldn't be too bothered if Sezer and Gaskell don't play for us again, it seems Sezer has already had the door held open for him.

The injury to Leutele has given Louis Senior an opportunity, but it also means we've been able to partner up Jerry and Leroy again, and we've all seen how destructive they can be, but it also means Senior and Jake Wardle are partnered up too, a partnership that had a lot of success at academy level under Luke Robinson.

Kenny's stupidity, or well thought out plan whatever you want to call it has opened a place for Sam Hewitt, who I rate very highly, and Owen Trout who have both been extremely capable filling in for Edwards, Joe Wardle and Bruno.

yes we've lost a hell of a lot of experience, but these lads can only get experience by playing games.

we were plodding along a few weeks ago with players who felt they had nothing to prove and who were going through the motions, it now feels like we've got a great collective effort, led by the young, hungry lads.

Archived