Bulldogs go 5th

colinb

London Broncos have been deducted 2pts for not fulfilling the fixture against Toulouse away. As a full time side they were obligated to go. Though tbh I sympathise in a way. But it's a welcome bonus for us. We now go 5th. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

The move makes no sense in light of the fact that the league is on %'s unless they are going to add a lost fixture to London and a win fixture to Toulouse. The fact that, as it is still displayed would still give London a better % than us by dint of us having lost 5 and them 4 + a draw. Only by moving them on to that fixture as played would bring down their%. As they didn't fulfil, why hasn't it been declared a 24-0 victory to Toulouse as has happened in SL.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

The move makes no sense in light of the fact that the league is on %'s unless they are going to add a lost fixture to London and a win fixture to Toulouse. The fact that, as it is still displayed would still give London a better % than us by dint of us having lost 5 and them 4 + a draw. Only by moving them on to that fixture as played would bring down their%. As they didn't fulfil, why hasn't it been declared a 24-0 victory to Toulouse as has happened in SL.

I thought it had been declared 24-0 at the time of the fixture. 

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

It was, this seems like a further punishment that might be the wrong word, please apply as approaptly.

spot on, so for not going they have been given a loss (24-0) and not have been deducted an additional loss. it is like being deducted 2 league points in previous years for breach of rules (in this case not fulfilling a match they should have played.

Games cancelled due to Covid-19 outbreaks are not in breach of the rules, since the rules where changed this year so that Covid-19 related cancellations are ignored.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

So, if their number of games HAS already been adjusted p13 w8 l4 d1 that actually would still give them a better % than us (p13 w8 l5)due to their draw, so it makes a mockery of the decision to settle positions on %. On the figures we have 61.54% yet London have 65.34% yet the table has London on 57 and a bit%. How by deducting 2pts has the % dropped by 8%?                                    

3 hours ago, phildog said:

So, if their number of games HAS already been adjusted p13 w8 l4 d1 that actually would still give them a better % than us (p13 w8 l5)due to their draw, so it makes a mockery of the decision to settle positions on %. On the figures we have 61.54% yet London have 65.34% yet the table has London on 57 and a bit%. How by deducting 2pts has the % dropped by 8%?                                    

The win% is calculated as “points / games * 50” with 8 wins and 1 draw that would give London 17 points however they have been deducted 2pts therefore giving them 15pts.

15 / 13 * 50 = 57.69%

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Lost me there..*50? I bow....

To be fair it was a feking long time ago you went to school PD! Had multiplication even been invented then? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

BTW what IS *50? I simply divided 100% by the number of games played i.e. both played 13, then x the result by games won (or not lost in case of a draw) giving us a x 8, them a 8.5. Obviously I'm doing it wrong (but got the same % as the RFL!!)....so you work it out and see what you get.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

BTW what IS *50? I simply divided 100% by the number of games played i.e. both played 13, then x the result by games won (or not lost in case of a draw) giving us a x 8, them a 8.5. Obviously I'm doing it wrong (but got the same % as the RFL!!)....so you work it out and see what you get.

The Grinder described the Featherstone Formula.

The (simpler) Heavy Woollen Method involves taking the total number of points gained and dividing it by the maximum number of points available from the number of games played, and then multiplying the answer by 100%.

So, for seven wins and a draw from thirteen games played would give a team fifteen points from a possible twenty-six.

15/26 = 0.5769 (to 4 decimal places)

0.5769 x 100% = 57.69%

QED (as BSJ had to write at the end of all his maths answers when he was at skool).

Hopefully this clarifies things for you, Phil!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

8 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

The Grinder had a typo. He should have written x 0.5 (or * 0.5). Now try re-running your calculation!

But The Grinder described the Featherstone Formula.

The (simpler) Heavy Woollen Method involves taking the total number of points gained and dividing it by the maximum number of points available from the number of games played, and then multiplying the answer by 100%.

So, for seven wins and a draw from thirteen games played would give a team fifteen points from a possible twenty-six.

0.5769 x 100% = 57.69%

QED (as BSJ had to write at the end of all his maths answers when he was at skool).

The Grinder has not made a typo. I'll just say BODMAS although the mathematically illiterate will still not understand

From the official RFL announcement

This punishment reduces London from 17 points to 15 from 13 matches, and reduces their Win Points Percentage (number of points divided by number of matches, multiplied by 50) from 65.38% to 57.69%.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/35774/operational-rules-tribunal-–-london-broncos

23 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

The Grinder had a typo. He should have written x 0.5 (or * 0.5). Now try re-running your calculation!

But The Grinder described the Featherstone Formula.

0.5769 x 100% = 57.69%

SJS,

your formula in essence is exactly the same by doubling the games (13 x 2 = 26) and doubling the multiplier (50 x 2 = 100).

apologies to everyone else for me not writing the formula as old school:

15 / 13 x 50 = 57.69 

37 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Grinder has not made a typo. I'll just say BODMAS although the mathematically illiterate will still not understand

This punishment reduces London from 17 points to 15 from 13 matches, and reduces their Win Points Percentage (number of points divided by number of matches, multiplied by 50) from 65.38% to 57.69%.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/35774/operational-rules-tribunal-–-london-broncos

13 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

SJS,

your formula in essence is exactly the same by doubling the games (13 x 2 = 26) and doubling the multiplier (50 x 2 = 100).

apologies to everyone else for me not writing the formula as old school:

15 / 13 x 50 = 57.69 

Yes, apologies, you are both correct. I've edited my post.

I've just demonstrated the dangers of attempting mental arithmetic when knackered.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I have'nt thought about BODMAS since the early sixties.

Archived