Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm in the process of planning at the moment, but they still haven't fixed the online issue of once you've been into a game and come out of it, you can't purchase tickets any more - you end up in a loop where it sends you to your account details and you can't buy. 

Ah. That explains an issue I had with the Emirates game a few days ago when I was on the phone with a friend going through options and then suddenly found that I was in a bizarre loop. I put it down to beer. Now it seems it was beer plus this.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’m looking at tickets and am now thinking:

-England-France: Bolton

-Wales-Cook Islands: Leigh

-Tonga-PNG: St Helens

-The DW double header: Wigan

Already got the Wheelchair final at Manchester booked.

I can think of worse ways to spend an October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’m looking at tickets and am now thinking:

-England-France: Bolton

-Wales-Cook Islands: Leigh

-Tonga-PNG: St Helens

-The DW double header: Wigan

Already got the Wheelchair final at Manchester booked.

We are pretty blessed in the NW with the quality and amount of games on offer. 

Although the two games I'm most up for are the England opener and Arsenal semi. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We are pretty blessed in the NW with the quality and amount of games on offer. 

Although the two games I'm most up for are the England opener and Arsenal semi. 

Yes, they’re beauties for sure at Newcastle and north London.

There’s a remote possibility of a lads reunion that weekend of the game at the Emirates possibly down south.

If arms can be twisted then I might get the chance to see a top quality semi-final in a comfortable modern stadium.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

52 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Due to being in Bangkok for work (tough life), I'll have a ticket spare for England v Greece in Sheffield on 29 Oct.

Happy to give it away to a fellow TRL-er for free.

Shame I will be driving back from Spain with the wife and boys that day planning to be in Doncaster for PNG v Wales on Monday 31st  otherwise i would pop over to T/Wells and buy you a beer for that ticket:)

Other ones for me

October 15th England v Samoa

November 3rd England v Australia Wheelchair London

Qtr Finals November 4/5/6th

Semis at Leeds and London November 11/12th and the Final on November 19th.

Sadly no-where near the number of matches i would like only 9 in total as after the opening few days its school holidays October 20th to October 30th (Might have a look at October 16th to October 19th later as perhaps 1/2 more i can make:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Hopefully, the number of people who will have bought in those sections at those prices will be so miniscule that refunds/movement can be offered. I can't believe people paying that price would want to be in those areas.

The problem for people buying early was that you couldn't actually pick the block you wanted, seats were allocated on a "best available" basis, so some people may have been allocated that block. I bought £55 tickets and was allocated seats in block 7L7, there are much better options now 

• Sad 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

The problem for people buying early was that you couldn't actually pick the block you wanted, seats were allocated on a "best available" basis, so some people may have been allocated that block. I bought £55 tickets and was allocated seats in block 7L7, there are much better options now 

That is annoying.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Shame I will be driving back from Spain with the wife and boys that day planning to be in Doncaster for PNG v Wales on Monday 31st  otherwise i would pop over to T/Wells and buy you a beer for that ticket:)

Other ones for me

October 15th England v Samoa

November 3rd England v Australia Wheelchair London

Qtr Finals November 4/5/6th

Semis at Leeds and London November 11/12th and the Final on November 19th.

Sadly no-where near the number of matches i would like only 9 in total as after the opening few days its school holidays October 20th to October 30th (Might have a look at October 16th to October 19th later as perhaps 1/2 more i can make:)

Paul

Opener, Eng vs France at Notlob, the QF in Wigan, the SF in London, the Final + the wheelchair games at the Copper Box on Sunday 6 Nov. 

18 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

It is really annoying that the RFL never listen to fans regarding this nonsense and do their upmost to actively put people off buying. The World Cup organisers have set a target of selling 750,000 seats, back yourself to sell them ffs and open up the entire stadium.

14 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Very, same thing happened for the Emirates, I'm OK with other tickets I bought. Pretty much guaranteed I won't be an early buyer again for internationals

And another buyer discouraged from doing what the RFL should be aiming for. No wonder the organisers have stated that fans usually buy in the last 6 weeks, yes because that is what you are forcing people to do!

19 minutes ago, Damien said:

It is really annoying that the RFL never listen to fans regarding this nonsense and do their upmost to actively put people off buying. The World Cup organisers have set a target of selling 750,000 seats, back yourself to sell them ffs and open up the entire stadium.

I *believe* that for the Challenge Cup final you can select your seat (it looked like I could when I went to have a nosey anyway) - so that's one issue that normally frustrates early buyers removed. I'd hope that that's a lesson learnt from this World Cup.

Of course, if they could now tell us the order of play and rough KO times that would be helpful ...

53 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

When roughly was that? You've been able to select your block (not your seat) for a long time now? 

33 minutes ago, Damien said:

To be fair, the entire grounds are open - even the likes of Middlesborough which could look pretty odd if only the cheap seats in the top corners get sold. 

I'm not really sure how they'll manage that - maybe the same way as they did the Catalans v Wire final where they moved everyone out of a tier and 'upgraded' them. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair, the entire grounds are open - even the likes of Middlesborough which could look pretty odd if only the cheap seats in the top corners get sold. 

I'm not really sure how they'll manage that - maybe the same way as they did the Catalans v Wire final where they moved everyone out of a tier and 'upgraded' them. 

Bad terminology on my part, typing in a rush. Its 2022 people should be able to pick their seats if they so desire and certainly shouldn't be forced to wait. They should not be forced to pick best available and then get poorer seats than someone who waits.

15 minutes ago, Damien said:

Bad terminology on my part, typing in a rush. Its 2022 people should be able to pick their seats if they so desire and certainly shouldn't be forced to wait. They should not be forced to pick best available and then get poorer seats than someone who waits.

I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and will get better seats than all of you 😄

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I *believe* that for the Challenge Cup final you can select your seat (it looked like I could when I went to have a nosey anyway) - so that's one issue that normally frustrates early buyers removed. I'd hope that that's a lesson learnt from this World Cup.

Of course, if they could now tell us the order of play and rough KO times that would be helpful ...

You generally can for the Challenge Cup and Grand Final, we go every year to the Challenge Cup and most Grand Finals and have never had a problem picking our exact seats. Funny enough, for Tottenham, when they first opened they were on a best available basis, but I waited until they opened the block I wanted, someone I know bought best available and had much worse seats 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Agreed. I'm a fan of picking seats as I quite like end of row seats so I'm not putting people out when I need to move. 

You can choose by block, so you can get quite specific, but not actual seats which is pretty much the norm nowadays. 

40 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Roughly, April last year, I rolled the tickets over when it was put back a year 

Did you at least get to pick your block? 

It's certainly not perfect now, but I was able to pick which block I wanted in the ground at the price I wanted.