Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Because RL authorities hate its fans. Its genuinely the only conclusion that makes sense! 

I've emailed to ask. Really curious to know now. 

Emirates semi. Premium tickets at oevr 100 GBP could either be on the 1st row which would be awful or at the very back of the block which would be much better; same goes but conversely for the blocks at the back of a stand. 1st row is great, last row would be terrible.

I'd like to know before making a gamble..

Whilst the NFL tickets this year were a shambles in terms of touts etc, the actual method of selecting seats was lovely.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I bought £85 tickets for the World Cup Final last year as £60 tickets were showing as "unavailable".

Having checked again, there are now £60 seats free, arguably better than the ones I've purchased and certainly better on my wallet!

It's not going to stop me going to future events but I do feel like I've had my fingers burned. A lesson learned for me here is to hang fire!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Are they still limiting the number of final tickets you can buy in one go to 6? I bought early on for a selection of games for up to 8 people depending on the game. 7 wanted to go to the final. Unfortunately I could only buy 6 for the final. I think it was also 'best available' as well so I don't know the seats to then add a 7th person at a later date on the end of our row. I'm sure there are reasons for it but it is disappointing.

Yes it seems to be 6 for the final and 8 for the other games. I filled in the form yesterday morning for group tickets for the final but not heard anything yet. Will email them directly if I’ve not heard anything by Friday as I’m anxious to be in the lower bowl. Bit of a faff really for what I really wouldn’t consider a particularly large number of tickets. 

24 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

If England win their group and get to the semis do we know if it’s the midday or evening kick off they’d be in?

Elland Road on Friday and Emirates (presumably for any England game) on the Saturday, isn’t it?

2 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

If England win their group and get to the semis do we know if it’s the midday or evening kick off they’d be in?

Think England are definitely at the Emirates on the Saturday (if we make it) even if we come 2nd in the group

16 hours ago, Dave T said:

In reality, the best thing would have to have done a 'relaunch' of tickets, explaining that they have listened to fans and due to the cost of living crisis they have released more lower priced tickets - but that needed to be across the tournament and the process around anyone unhappy or who bought early explained clearly.

They could have spun this more positively and had it as a sales lever. They could even have come up with a 'reward' for anyone who had previously bought - a hat, scarf, or even a free ticket for another match or similar.... 

Yes this 1000%! Could have been spun it to a reaction to the difficult times everyone faces now and would have  got some decent free publicity out of it as well. 

• Like 1

The France v Eng game has sold out of cheap seats, and 90% of the next band. This means that as things stand, the corners and upper tier behind the posts are almost full. 

It will look really weird if the £85 and £110 tickets don't sell. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The France v Eng game has sold out of cheap seats, and 90% of the next band. This means that as things stand, the corners and upper tier behind the posts are almost full. 

Who is paying that for a game in Bolton!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

My guess is that I will be sat on the halfway line having paid £55 for my ticket 7-10 days out from the game. Wrong but very possible.

This has been a mess

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If that was to happen, I'd expect "upgrades" to be given.

It's a risky approach to pitch tickets that high, but the hope must be thst if cheap tickets sell out, then people will buy the more expensive ones rather than leave it altogether.

I think that approach may work for England games.

My greater concern is the "smaller" matches. I bought a 3 game package at Saints and looking at the prices, this bundle cost less than the most expensive seat for 1 match.

I'm not sure they'll shift many £70 tickets for routine games at places like Saints, Warrington and Leeds. It's expensive at the best of times, let alone now.

That could lead to sparse middle sections of stands and full flanks, which as you say, looks odd.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

If that was to happen, I'd expect "upgrades" to be given.

It's a risky approach to pitch tickets that high, but the hope must be thst if cheap tickets sell out, then people will buy the more expensive ones rather than leave it altogether.

I think that approach may work for England games.

My greater concern is the "smaller" matches. I bought a 3 game package at Saints and looking at the prices, this bundle cost less than the most expensive seat for 1 match.

I'm not sure they'll shift many £70 tickets for routine games at places like Saints, Warrington and Leeds. It's expensive at the best of times, let alone now.

That could lead to sparse middle sections of stands and full flanks, which as you say, looks odd.

Tbf I recall England/GB games in the mid 2000s where those tickets remained empty (a game versus NZ at Huddersfield immediately springs to mind) and that was as part of a tour (or possibly Four Nations) rather than a competition where we're relying on x number of folk going to x number of games

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf I recall England/GB games in the mid 2000s where those tickets remained empty (a game versus NZ at Huddersfield immediately springs to mind) and that was as part of a tour (or possibly Four Nations) rather than a competition where we're relying on x number of folk going to x number of games

Yet in Union (and at a lot of concerts) the sales are always the other way around with cheap seats left. We really are a working class game and people are tight with spending money. That doesn't mean we aren't committed - it is just how it is. It is not going to change in the next few weeks.

Only new markets and new customers will break that in the long run.

If you hold so many games in stadiums where people go every week (and home fans use season tickets) it is only going to amplify the problem.

Edited by Scubby

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yet in Union (and at a lot of concerts) the sales are always the other way around with cheap seats left. We really are a working class game and people are tight with spending money. That doesn't mean we aren't committed - it is just how it is. It is not going to change in the next few weeks.

If you hold so many games in stadiums where people go every week (and home fans use season tickets) it is only going to amplify the problem.

And here again we see what I've been saying for some time now: the game requires something which can reach those new markets and new customers.  It quite evidently doesn't have something which can do that now.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

I prefer 'economical'. Why pay £60 for one game when you pay £30 apiece for two games?

53 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I love Bolton, but I don’t want to pay that much for a group game.

£110 is a little over half my season ticket cost at Bolton this season! And I'll never stop being annoyed that the 5pm kick off for that game is about 60-90 minutes too early to have been able to go to Accrington v BWFC at 3 and then the rugby afterwards.

• Like 1

I'm wondering whether the below would work.

All tickets are 30 quid*. All of them. 1st come, 1st served in terms of seat selection.

*20/25 - Whatever the maths points to.

Edited by MattSantos

2 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

All tickets are 30 quid*. All of them. 1st come, 1st served in terms of seat selection.

You need to speak to @GUBRATSwho has also proposed this.

(My personal view is that it doesn't work because there will come a point where tickets are objectively not worth £30 (or whatever) and, with nowhere to go, that means those corners/upper levels don't fill. And if you then do start to make reductions then you may as well have done so from the start).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

(My personal view is that it doesn't work because there will come a point where tickets are objectively not worth £30 (or whatever) and, with nowhere to go, that means those corners/upper levels don't fill. And if you then do start to make reductions then you may as well have done so from the start).

I think it's the Greece v France game and the women's games that have flat pricing wherever you sit. 

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

You don't make reductions under any circumstances 

You are paying to watch something , at no point does that become ' not worth it ' If you really want to see it ' live '

As we see SKYs big push at the moment 

" It's only live once " 

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

You are paying to watch something , at no point does that become ' not worth it ' If you really want to see it ' live '

" It's only live once " 

The irony of connecting "you don't make reductions" and Sky TV in the same post ...

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The irony of connecting "you don't make reductions" and Sky TV in the same post ...

Sorry , don't see any irony at all , if it's live as in attendance or live as on a screen it's still ' live ' 

In many cases the screen option gives much better views than the attending one even in the best seats , but you don't get the atmosphere , the collective emotive experience 

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

" It's only live once " 

I think that works, if it works at all, in single tier venues when the view, seats and 'offer' from each seat/area is broadly the same.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

44 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think that works, if it works at all, in single tier venues when the view, seats and 'offer' from each seat/area is broadly the same.

In that case set a ' tier ' price , not rocket surgery 

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In that case set a ' tier ' price , not rocket surgery 

Different prices for different locations?

Just now, gingerjon said:

Different prices for different locations?

My original suggestion was for the Challenge Cup final , because it regularly seems to produce empty main stands which looks poor on TV , so it was a solution for that problem 

So don't try to be ' clever ' point scoring isn't why I come on here , is that why you come on here ?