Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I really hope they aren't using creative counting.  The 2013 WC number was for 28 men' s games,  they don't smash their target through 61 games this time. 

The Women’s Euros was 31 games not 61 as well.

Given the additional opportunities, we should be ahead of it, really.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

The Women’s Euros was 31 games not 61 as well.

Given the additional opportunities, we should be ahead of it, really.

Yes, they absolutely must beat the 2013 number,  based on that average I think I posted earlier in the thread that the number to match 2013 is something like 530k. So beat that for the men's tournament,  and the women's and wheelchair tournaments should set their own records anyway and be the cherry on top.  650 to 750k really should be the aim. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The opener of the wheelchair tournament at the Copper Box in London is also on track to be sold out, and England women's opener against Brazil at Headingley will be the biggest-attended standalone women's rugby league game in the northern hemisphere.'

It's all about selling out the opening England men, women and wheelchair games to generate momentum, it seems. 

I haven`t seen any wheel-chair League but by all reports it`s a very entertaining affair. I`m hoping if they get a fair bit of media for the first game and it doesn`t disappoint, the media coverage it receives could be a real driver for the rest of that part of our tournament. The feel-good factor surrounding that would reflect very positively on the League and could really give a positive boost to the rest of the tournament, not to mention Rugby League`s image.

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I haven`t seen any wheel-chair League but by all reports it`s a very entertaining affair. I`m hoping if they get a fair bit of media for the first game and it doesn`t disappoint, the media coverage it receives could be a real driver for the rest of that part of our tournament. The feel-good factor surrounding that would reflect very positively on the League and could really give a positive boost to the rest of the tournament, not to mention Rugby League`s image.

There couldn’t be better advertisement/first impression opportunity for the wheelchair game than a winning England team playing at a full Copper Box in London live on national TV.

Let’s hope it cuts through, it deserves to. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

It really is great. I'll admit I was sceptical before I saw it as I just couldn't see how RL could work in that format but if absolutely does. It is really watchable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

It really is great. I'll admit I was sceptical before I saw it as I just couldn't see how RL could work in that format but if absolutely does. It is really watchable.

Exactly what I`ve heard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, The Rocket said:

It's RL on wheels. Very, unmistakably, RL. Much more "rugby" than "Wheelchair Rugby" which is a load of cack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

It's RL on wheels. Very, unmistakably, RL. Much more "rugby" than "Wheelchair Rugby" which is a load of cack.

I really enjoy wheelchair rugby but it's not remotely rugby and it's kind of weird in that regard.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Will Holt said:

Looks like the advertising campaign is set to kick off tomorrow marking 50 days to go - seen these on twitter from St Helen’s & Newcastle 

97D55F34-2114-4831-8DFC-E61D9A23CDD3.jpeg

D6841F0A-6D7C-4484-AAB2-AC993B992F0F.jpeg

Nice, I wonder if this is where 75% of the marketing budget starts coming into play.

30 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nice, I wonder if this is where 75% of the marketing budget starts coming into play.

There has defo been an uplift in activity over the last couple of weeks.  Also,  I mentioned recently that there was a fair bit of promo in Wire,  whether that was RLWC budget or from Warrington's commitment,  I'm not sure. 

All good stuff tho. 

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 08:35, Damien said:

All the toughness of the other kind of RL but with the extra risk of getting your fingers nipped between some cold steel.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.