Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

6 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

This is good but with the PDRL aren’t there FOUR trophies???

(Adam Hills is in the ad, after all)

It's not been grouped with the other three at any point and was announced as happening after the others.

Not sure why but it is being treated as separate.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

NRL 2022: New Zealand Kiwis coach Michael Maguire has no problems with Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Melbourne Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona becoming teammates for World Cup (smh.com.au)

What league is all about’: Frenemies JWH and NAS to become Kiwi teammates

"They ripped into each other in the most brutal forward battle of the season, but New Zealand coach Michael Maguire is adamant there will be no issues when Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Nelson Asofa-Solomona come together for Test duty.

"Waerea-Hargreaves and Nelson Asofa-Solomona were engaged in a running battle throughout the Roosters’ win over Melbourne on Friday. Both received charges from the match-review committee, but escaped with fines rather than suspensions.

"Waerea-Hargreaves will join a formidable Kiwis rotation that also includes Asofa-Solomona, Jesse Bromwich, James Fisher-Harris, Isaiah Papali’i, Joseph Tapine, Tohu Harris, Kenny Bromwich, Moses Leota and Briton Nikora."

That`s one hell of a list of forwards, anyone missing. God help us all.

Another survey.

This one asking what sort of things I'd seen at other tournaments that I might like to see on matchdays at the RLWC.

"England winning".

(There were other questions but I wasn't as funny on my responses to those.)

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just looked at the pricing for the first time. I am glad they are not underselling the tournament like in previous years (got my 2013 final tickets for £10 each last time) but taking everything into consideration from the last 2 years and the current economic climate and I do think they are a little too high and are not representative of the position international Rugby League finds itself in.  

I think some decrease will happen and the current climate will be used to justify it. 

Also does anyone actually believe what the ticket site tells them when it shows availability as MEDIUM, LOW , HIGH ????

2 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

Just looked at the pricing for the first time. I am glad they are not underselling the tournament like in previous years (got my 2013 final tickets for £10 each last time) but taking everything into consideration from the last 2 years and the current economic climate and I do think they are a little too high and are not representative of the position international Rugby League finds itself in.  

I think some decrease will happen and the current climate will be used to justify it. 

Also does anyone actually believe what the ticket site tells them when it shows availability as MEDIUM, LOW , HIGH ????

The opener has recently become more affordable with the price cuts that are not price cuts,  but many other games are far too expensive. 

On 30/08/2022 at 11:58, The Rocket said:

NRL 2022: New Zealand Kiwis coach Michael Maguire has no problems with Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Melbourne Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona becoming teammates for World Cup (smh.com.au)

What league is all about’: Frenemies JWH and NAS to become Kiwi teammates

"They ripped into each other in the most brutal forward battle of the season, but New Zealand coach Michael Maguire is adamant there will be no issues when Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Nelson Asofa-Solomona come together for Test duty.

"Waerea-Hargreaves and Nelson Asofa-Solomona were engaged in a running battle throughout the Roosters’ win over Melbourne on Friday. Both received charges from the match-review committee, but escaped with fines rather than suspensions.

"Waerea-Hargreaves will join a formidable Kiwis rotation that also includes Asofa-Solomona, Jesse Bromwich, James Fisher-Harris, Isaiah Papali’i, Joseph Tapine, Tohu Harris, Kenny Bromwich, Moses Leota and Briton Nikora."

That`s one hell of a list of forwards, anyone missing. God help us all.

I thought Tohu Harris announced his retirement from international RL?

RECORD BREAKING WEEKEND
ANNOUNCED FOR TICKET SALES

rlwc15052020b.png

Tickets for the biggest, best and most inclusive Rugby League World Cup are selling fast, with sales reaching a record-high, exceeding the previous record set back in October 2020.

After celebrating 50DTG at the start of the weekend, which also triggered the beginning of their national advertising campaign, organisers have seen a surge in demand, with low availability reported across multiple categories.

As excitement builds ahead of the opening game at St James' Park, fans have been quick to secure their place for England Men v Samoa Men on Saturday 15 October, meaning the East Stand, Gallowgate East Corner Stand and the Leazes East Corner Stand have now fully sold out.

The two stadium ends – Gallowgate Stand and Leazes Stand (Lower Bowl) - also received significant interest, with both over 70% sold.

Further to the demand seen in Newcastle, tickets continue to sell fast across the three tournaments, with categories selling out across the double-header finals at Old Trafford and England Men v France Men at the University of Bolton Stadium. 

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

58 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

RECORD BREAKING WEEKEND
ANNOUNCED FOR TICKET SALES

rlwc15052020b.png

Tickets for the biggest, best and most inclusive Rugby League World Cup are selling fast, with sales reaching a record-high, exceeding the previous record set back in October 2020.

After celebrating 50DTG at the start of the weekend, which also triggered the beginning of their national advertising campaign, organisers have seen a surge in demand, with low availability reported across multiple categories.

As excitement builds ahead of the opening game at St James' Park, fans have been quick to secure their place for England Men v Samoa Men on Saturday 15 October, meaning the East Stand, Gallowgate East Corner Stand and the Leazes East Corner Stand have now fully sold out.

The two stadium ends – Gallowgate Stand and Leazes Stand (Lower Bowl) - also received significant interest, with both over 70% sold.

Further to the demand seen in Newcastle, tickets continue to sell fast across the three tournaments, with categories selling out across the double-header finals at Old Trafford and England Men v France Men at the University of Bolton Stadium. 

We have only just gone past ticket sales as they stood in October 2020?

5 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

No, I read it as a record for sales in a weekend, last best sales weekend was in October 2020.

That's my reading: the previous 'record' was in October 2020. The new record is last weekend.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

May have been mentioned but other games have had their price band maps re-drawn. Bolton for one.

What's changed?  Cheapest bands appear to be sold out. 

I notice there is a disclaimer... 

The venue maps are indicative only, the maps and category areas are subject to change. The maps should only be used as a guide when choosing the ticket category you prefer.

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

What's changed?  Cheapest bands appear to be sold out. 

I notice there is a disclaimer... 

The venue maps are indicative only, the maps and category areas are subject to change. The maps should only be used as a guide when choosing the ticket category you prefer.

I just googled 'RLWC Bolton', chose Images, and there are two different maps. I'm also fairly sure that the final Doncaster game didn't have £15 adult tickets available until very recently. 

• Thanks 1

They don't but it is encouraging how many games have now moved to 'low' availability and that in the first weekend of their six week advertising blitz, it produced such a big uptick.

Following games now have 'low' availability in the Men'stournament:

England v Samoa, Scotland v Italy, Jamaica v Ireland, NZ v Lebanon, England v France, NZ v Jamaica, NZ v Ireland, England v Greece, Fiji v Scotland, Samoa v France, Wigan QF, Leeds SF, London SF, Tournament Final

We know as well that some of the other games, like Australia v Fiji have been selling solidly as well with most Cat C & D tickets sold out.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Just looked at buying tickets for England v Samoa, the Cat E cheapest tickets. When you select "best available" it flashes up as section L4X which is actually the costlier Cat D section (so you're getting Cat D for Cat E prices). Looks like some sections are cheaper than they appear to be. Anyone else had this?

9 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Just looked at buying tickets for England v Samoa, the Cat E cheapest tickets. When you select "best available" it flashes up as section L4X which is actually the costlier Cat D section (so you're getting Cat D for Cat E prices). Looks like some sections are cheaper than they appear to be. Anyone else had this?

Yes - there is a bit of that going on at a few other games too. Noticed it at the first Wartington game.