Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

16 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Here is my reply from the official RLWC email:

Hi,

Where England play their QF should they qualify depends on where they finish in the group.

Kind Regards,

RLWC Customer Service

I have the greatest confidence in this reply....

I mean even if that's true, how lazy was it that they didn't even clarify the options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I mean even if that's true, how lazy was it that they didn't even clarify the options. 

To be fair to them, I was specifically talking about the Warrington venue. I honestly think they don't know. I'm tempted to reply with the loverugbyleague article.

Here's hoping England win so we don't have the predictable announcement and backlash when it's announced they'll still be playing at Wigan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

At least it looks like they are putting in some effort for the opener. I'd say the Kaiser Chiefs will get a good atmosphere going.

Yes, these things are always subjective, but a couple of big, well known anthems will help the atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

At least it looks like they are putting in some effort for the opener. I'd say the Kaiser Chiefs will get a good atmosphere going.

It’s going to be a massive battle. The Samoans will be aggressive and any Wane team plays the same way. Can’t wait. 

6 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

We were told a few weeks back that 150 seats were left at Headingley. Turns out that was 150 seats on sale left and some were held back.

Well. I for one, am shocked! 

To be fair, I expect we are now in the stage of finalising sponsors tickets etc and more are becoming available. 

52 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Queue to get onto the ticket site at the moment…

… positive sign. 

I've given up trying to download my tickets- worst ticket system I've ever used.

Amazing hard work.

Try again tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I've given up trying to download my tickets- worst ticket system I've ever used.

Amazing hard work.

Try again tomorrow. 

Are you able to download tickets now? Haven't heard anything tbh

I just got the email saying my tickets are available. Might start the process, sounds like it's a long one...

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I just got the email saying my tickets are available. Might start the process, sounds like it's a long one...

Jeez, just looked. You have to print your tickets for St James' and that can't be done via mobile, you have to log onto a pc. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Jeez, just looked. You have to print your tickets for St James' and that can't be done via mobile, you have to log onto a pc. 

Joke shop.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

44 minutes ago, Intake Don said:

I thought if England win there QF they play at the Emirate’s wherever they finish in the group is that not the case? 

Who knows! According to the RL press it is, according to the RLWC customer service (and advertised website) it isn't.

8 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Is this true? You have to print tickets? 

What if you don't have access to a printer?

Only for St James Pk, Halliwell Jones and Riverside. Other games can be on your phone. 

7 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Is this true? You have to print tickets? 

What if you don't have access to a printer?

You need printed tickets for games at St James Park, Warrington and Wigan as those stadiums don’t have the facilities to scan digital ones.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

You need printed tickets for games at St James Park, Warrington and Wigan as those stadiums don’t have the facilities to scan digital ones.

Hell's bells. It's like the dark ages.

I'm absolutely shocked.

Edited by Stuff Smith

Hopefully there are internet cafes near Warrington, Wigan and St James's that will enjoy a rush of custom.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.