Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

17 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

Not sure how accurate the maps / available blocks are because there are blocks showing available (e.g. J & K Cat A) in the East Stand that is apparently sold out?

I'm not suggesting we get obsessed with clicking into each block like we did in 2013, but some blocks that show as available have no availability. I've found this for other games where I have been trying to buy tickets. The whole ticket sales journey is terrible.

• Like 3

So despite the criticism earlier this week, England have announced two new sponsors. 

Selco for base of back of shirt, and sports breaks.com for sleeve. 

This makes it:

Betfred

Ronseal

Reign Energy Drink

Selco

Sports breaks.Com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not suggesting we get obsessed with clicking into each block like we did in 2013, but some blocks that show as available have no availability. I've found this for other games where I have been trying to buy tickets. The whole ticket sales journey is terrible.

They'll probably go on MS Paint at some point and put little grey squares over each sold out section, like they did in a previous series/tournament (can't recall which one). 

The ticket site is shambolic tbh. I honestly think it'll have cost a decent number of sales from people who either want to choose a set seat (for various reasons) or who've encountered technical problems with it and give up. 

23 minutes ago, WN83 said:

They'll probably go on MS Paint at some point and put little grey squares over each sold out section, like they did in a previous series/tournament (can't recall which one). 

The ticket site is shambolic tbh. I honestly think it'll have cost a decent number of sales from people who either want to choose a set seat (for various reasons) or who've encountered technical problems with it and give up. 

I have a very basic rule when buying online - if you want my money then your site needs to work. I'm not messing about jumping through hoops. You're trying to sell me something. The onus is on you.

That said, I am going to the semi-final at the Emirates. I'm not going to miss the only game being played in London. But you're right, we don't make it easy for people.

• Like 5

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

11 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I have a very basic rule when buying online - if you want my money then your site needs to work. I'm not messing about jumping through hoops. You're trying to sell me something. The onus is on you.

That said, I am going to the semi-final at the Emirates. I'm not going to miss the only game being played in London. But you're right, we don't make it easy for people.

Funny you mention that game in London. We haven’t got tickets yet. It looks like the cheapest available tickets on the bottom tier are £70 currently. We don’t know how high or low they’ll be though as we can’t select seats. We therefore would be happy to sit up in the top tier, for as low as £30 but we’d like a seat at the bottom of that top tier, but it’s the same issue and we don’t want to be right up in the gods. If we could select seats, we’d have bought tickets ages ago but now we’ll probably make sure England are in it and decide which area to punt on and if we’re not, we’ll probably not bother with the drive/train from Wigan/Manchester and watch it on TV. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

Funny you mention that game in London. We haven’t got tickets yet. It looks like the cheapest available tickets on the bottom tier are £70 currently. We don’t know how high or low they’ll be though as we can’t select seats. We therefore would be happy to sit up in the top tier, for as low as £30 but we’d like a seat at the bottom of that top tier, but it’s the same issue and we don’t want to be right up in the gods. If we could select seats, we’d have bought tickets ages ago but now we’ll probably make sure England are in it and decide which area to punt on and if we’re not, we’ll probably not bother with the drive/train from Wigan/Manchester and watch it on TV. 

Yes, I'm in a similar position. The £30 seats are great value, but the variation in front row and back row is too much to be treated as one block. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, I'm in a similar position. The £30 seats are great value, but the variation in front row and back row is too much to be treated as one block. 

It’s lunacy, it really is. The pricing only works if you can select set seats. The whole thing has been a punt. We’ve got seated tickets at Newcastle, Leigh, Wigan, Warrington and Old Trafford throughout the tournament and all have been a game of pot luck. Looking at the rows the other day, we’ve been reasonably ‘lucky’ but it shouldn’t come down to that. The only ones that look poor are our tickets at Warrington for the quarter final. Those look to only be a few rows from the bottom. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

It’s lunacy, it really is. The pricing only works if you can select set seats. The whole thing has been a punt. We’ve got seated tickets at Newcastle, Leigh, Wigan, Warrington and Old Trafford throughout the tournament and all have been a game of pot luck. Looking at the rows the other day, we’ve been reasonably ‘lucky’ but it shouldn’t come down to that. The only ones that look poor are our tickets at Warrington for the quarter final. Those look to only be a few rows from the bottom. 

I think I've sat as low as 4 rows up at Wire and it's generally pretty good as quute steep. 

Completely agree with your post. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think I've sat as low as 4 rows up at Wire and it's generally pretty good as quute steep. 

Completely agree with your post. 

Good to hear. It’ll be nice to be a bit closer to the action anyway I guess. If it’s Samoa vs Tonga it’ll be an experience that’s for sure, with the pre match and how physical the game will probably be. In fact it’s going to be that or more than likely Samoa vs PNG if I’m not mistaken, so it won’t be for the faint hearted either way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gay pride said:

I've applied and been to various sports events over the last couple of year and never been able to select seats. 

Its usual that you only ever select a price point or block.

I wouldn't say it is usual.

I bought tickets for the Womens Euros and hand-picked my seats. When I buy seats at Warrington Wolves I pick my seat. When I buy at Man City, I pick my seat. If I go in today to buy for next years Challenge Cup Final, I can hand-pick my seats.

It is pretty standard to pick your seat.

• Like 3

I think events where you can't pick your seats are where there is some form of ballot and you just have to get what you can.

So rugby league events would have that luxury.

I have no practical experience in ticket sales, events etc. But in I.T, you always hear talk about reducing numbers of 'clicks' and saving time.

Our process for the World Cup involves too many clicks and too much searching before you can buy tickets. In some cases, are you even able to select a stand?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gay pride said:

I've applied and been to various sports events over the last couple of year and never been able to select seats. 

Its usual that you only ever select a price point or block.

It's a mixed bag. I go to Rugby League, football, cricket, boxing and the odd concert or theatre show and I'd say I get to pick a seat more often than not. I went to Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte at Wembley and that was just a panic job of take what you get because of demand far outstripping availability but in cases like this World Cup, were no game is fully sold out, you can usually pick where you want to sit or at least speak to a person and ask them to select seats 'high up' or 'low down' and so on. 

Edited by WN83

14 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I think events where you can't pick your seats are where there is some form of ballot and you just have to get what you can.

So rugby league events would have that luxury.

I have no practical experience in ticket sales, events etc. But in I.T, you always hear talk about reducing numbers of 'clicks' and saving time.

Our process for the World Cup involves too many clicks and too much searching before you can buy tickets. In some cases, are you even able to select a stand?

I'll answer my own question...no!

I bought the cheapest Cat D tickets for the matches at Saints. The majority of this category are the terraces behind the sticks but also the seats at the far ends of each stand. I'm not particularly bothered either way, but in this instance, when I purchased I didn't know whether I was sitting or standing!

I do wish we would have made more use of ticket bundles. I bought early and got a 3 match bundle at Saints for £40. By comparison, those equivalent tickets now costs £25 per match (£75 in total).

I get rewarding early purchase, but see no reason why these bundles were withdrawn so soon.

9 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I'll answer my own question...no!

I bought the cheapest Cat D tickets for the matches at Saints. The majority of this category are the terraces behind the sticks but also the seats at the far ends of each stand. I'm not particularly bothered either way, but in this instance, when I purchased I didn't know whether I was sitting or standing!

I do wish we would have made more use of ticket bundles. I bought early and got a 3 match bundle at Saints for £40. By comparison, those equivalent tickets now costs £25 per match (£75 in total).

I get rewarding early purchase, but see no reason why these bundles were withdrawn so soon.

Yes, it's all quite weird. They could absolutely maintain their no discounting (on the surface) by offering special bundles, rather than just x% off. 

The categories are just bizarre. £25 to sit in certain seats at Warrinton, or £40 to stand in the South Stand.

£35 to stand under cover at Newcastle for Scotland v Italy, only £25 for the same at Saints for Tonga v PNG.

Getting a bit ###### off with RLWC website as it won't let me reset a new password and it stalls ....don't know what to do as there is no contact number just email which I have done and they did was send me the same link of the not working change word page 😞

Ignore....sorted 🙂

Edited by EggFace
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Getting a bit ###### off with RLWC website as it won't let me reset a new password and it stalls ....don't know what to do as there is no contact number just email which I have done and they did was send me the same link of the not working change word page 😞

What device are you using mate? I had to reset the password as well but it just wouldn't load the page from the link on my phone. Used an IPhone, an Amazon tablet and finally had joy on my daughters Chromebook. Everything loaded so much quicker on the chromebook and then my work laptop, then it ever did on my phone or tablet. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WN83 said:

What device are you using mate? I had to reset the password as well but it just wouldn't load the page from the link on my phone. Used an IPhone, an Amazon tablet and finally had joy on my daughters Chromebook. Everything loaded so much quicker on the chromebook and then my work laptop, then it ever did on my phone or tablet. 

MackBook Pro mate but I sorted it now with new password but I don't have a printer so I suspect the liabry will be my best option ?

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

I'm in a similar position for the opening game next week. Having said I wasn't going, I'm now keen because it looks like being a cracking game - but it is, frankly, a pain in the backside.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959