league table

tms

Went on RFL and had a look at Covid-19 Update - July 20 turned out to be about London Broncos and Widnes Vikings  being cancelled, under the Covid Fixture Protocols

The interesting thing came at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Betfred Championship table will be determined by win points percentage to allow for the fact that not all fixtures will be fulfilled.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, POR said:

Went on RFL and had a look at Covid-19 Update - July 20 turned out to be about London Broncos and Widnes Vikings  being cancelled, under the Covid Fixture Protocols

The interesting thing came at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Betfred Championship table will be determined by win points percentage to allow for the fact that not all fixtures will be fulfilled.

Surely everyone knows that now? It has been widely reported for several months.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Surely everyone knows that now? It has been widely reported for several months.

OF course We'ave all heard the rumours but this was the first time I've seen it written down🖊️

10 minutes ago, haskey said:

Tats why TO are supposedly  top

NOT really they top cos got 100 WP% like us but got higher DIF% than us 492.05 to 394.85 same with widnes and sheffield in 8th and 9th

37 minutes ago, POR said:

OF course We'ave all heard the rumours but this was the first time I've seen it written down🖊️

NOT really they top cos got 100 WP% like us but got higher DIF% than us 492.05 to 394.85 same with widnes and sheffield in 8th and 9th

It was announced by the RFL in March....

28 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No

Well we will have to keep winning then.Just wondered because in the NFL if teams are on level points their record against other teams in the division comes into play before points percentage.It is hopefully a one off season at least we have had some rugby to watch.

39 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What if we beat Toulouse but lose one game,and Toulouse remain unbeaten.So both lost one game will our win against Toulouse not give us advantage over points percentage.

I have this feeling that Toulouse will not play us due to one reason or another and stay top, then play the easier teams and have a better percentage than us and win the league then have the final in France with no away fans to make it hard for us 

We all know who the RFL want and i think we will get done over again 

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's why they're cancelling fixtures against the better sides and playing against the others. Amazing thing this virus, it only prevents them playing when it's convenient.

Aye and they could come a cropper like they did in the 2019 semi final. But let's not forget about four other side's that will be taking part. Remember didn't we come from fifth place last time and with covid plus injuries nothing is for granted. I'm sure the players heads aren't in the final just yet.

4 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Aye and they could come a cropper like they did in the 2019 semi final. But let's not forget about four other side's that will be taking part. Remember didn't we come from fifth place last time and with covid plus injuries nothing is for granted. I'm sure the players heads aren't in the final just yet.

Not saying they wont come a cropper and no disrespect to the other teams, but what i am saying is why would they risk top spot by playing us when they dont have too 

23 minutes ago, paff said:

I have this feeling that Toulouse will not play us due to one reason or another and stay top, then play the easier teams and have a better percentage than us and win the league then have the final in France with no away fans to make it hard for us 

We all know who the RFL want and i think we will get done over again 

They would still have to play the Grand Final .

56 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well we will have to keep winning then.Just wondered because in the NFL if teams are on level points their record against other teams in the division comes into play before points percentage.It is hopefully a one off season at least we have had some rugby to watch.

Not sure if it would even come into play if win% and points% were equal - in normal times it's points, points diff, points%, No of tries, No of goals, No of DG and then toss of a coin.

I see the conspiracy theories are alive and well......

Toulouse have so far missed games against us, Newcastle, Bradford and Oldham (all postponed by RFL due to Covid) and London who refused to play.

And have played York (1st game when considered to be amongst the favs), 'fax, Widnes, Whitehaven, Swinton, Dewsbury, Sheffield and Batley.

Aside the fact they've no say in who they do and don't play that would hardly be deliberately avoiding the top teams.

3 hours ago, paff said:

Not saying they wont come a cropper and no disrespect to the other teams, but what i am saying is why would they risk top spot by playing us when they dont have too 

TO can’t just decide to not play us, if they do then the RFL will give us a 24-0 victory. Only the RFL can cancel the game under COVID-19 protocol.

In truth if you look at it objectively you could argue that it Fev that have taken advantage of the rules by not playing TO in France at the beginning of the year.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

47 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

TO can’t just decide to not play us, if they do then the RFL will give us a 24-0 victory. Only the RFL can cancel the game under COVID-19 protocol.

In truth if you look at it objectively you could argue that it Fev that have taken advantage of the rules by not playing TO in France at the beginning of the year.

Was that their choice ?

What about C*s not being able to get a team together before and after Wembley.  But on the big day they were all all either fit or didnt have to isolate.  Whether or not that comes from a backward thinking conspiracist - its all a bag of sh*te.........

8 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Fev DID NOT take advantage it was the RL who decided.

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

What about C*s not being able to get a team together before and after Wembley.  But on the big day they were all all either fit or didnt have to isolate.  Whether or not that comes from a backward thinking conspiracist - its all a bag of sh*te.........

They will all be fit for the Leigh game no doubt.

12 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

That's why they're cancelling fixtures against the better sides and playing against the others. Amazing thing this virus, it only prevents them playing when it's convenient.

You are joking isnt it ?

14 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Toulouse haven't cancelled a single fixture to my knowledge. They are scheduled to play each team in the league at least once.

You are getting paranoid.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, The Grinder said:

RFL can cancel the game under COVID-19 protocol. i will just leave this 

i really hope the game gets played because its the best fev team i have seen in years 

But dont be suprised if it gets called off (not saying RFL are bent ) BUT 

Archived