league table

tms

12 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Was that their choice ?

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Fev DID NOT take advantage it was the RL who decided.

In relation to Fev not playing in France, Fev have got an advantage of not having to play TO over there. London haven't for example so we have gained an advantage. Had the travel restriction not still been in place Dewsbury would have had to travel there this weekend and we would have had an advantage over Dewsbury. Assuming that TO do come to Fev to play on Yorkshire day, we will have gained an advantage over TO by playing them at home and not away.

Whether it was our choice or not is irrelevant, we have gained an advantage over other teams in this league.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RobLambert said:

What about C*s not being able to get a team together before and after Wembley.  But on the big day they were all all either fit or didnt have to isolate.  Whether or not that comes from a backward thinking conspiracist - its all a bag of sh*te.........

So C*s put out a weakened side before the CC final, they are not the first and will no be the last. They made sure the CC final got played, in a very similar way to us not bring the players in for training the week before the 1895 cup final so that we had a chance to get our game on. They have since had a greater number go down with Covid-19 and therefore their game against Catalan has been postponed. It still would not surprise me if our game against Bradford was to be called off and that is only 2 days away. There is nothing in this no conspiracy it is just that we are in trouble times and it would not surprise me to see the same protocols in place next year.

51 minutes ago, paff said:

RFL can cancel the game under COVID-19 protocol. i will just leave this 

i really hope the game gets played because its the best fev team i have seen in years 

But dont be suprised if it gets called off (not saying RFL are bent ) BUT 

All that matters to Fev now is that we get to the playoffs and win the "million pound game". If we miss playing Bradford or TO due to Covid-19 protocols on route is a bit irrelevant other than that money we'll miss from missed home games. Who is to say that even if TO should be the home team in the "million pound game" that will not be told by the RFL that they have to play it in the UK due to travel restrictions to and from France still being in place? 

Personally I'd love to see Fev beat TO in a "million pound game" in France, but understand why some would not (money not being the least of those issues). However let's get there first and worry about where the final will be played when if we get there.

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

All that matters to Fev now is that we get to the playoffs and win the "million pound game". If we miss playing Bradford or TO due to Covid-19 protocols on route is a bit irrelevant other than that money we'll miss from missed home games. Who is to say that even if TO should be the home team in the "million pound game" that will not be told by the RFL that they have to play it in the UK due to travel restrictions to and from France still being in place? 

Personally I'd love to see Fev beat TO in a "million pound game" in France, but understand why some would not (money not being the least of those issues). However let's get there first and worry about where the final will be played when if we get there.

Aye. Let's get there first and enjoy the rest of the season. There could be plenty of ups and downs yet. To be fair I think Webbo has got them concentrating on one game at a time.

the Toulouse point of view...
https://www.totalrl.com/toulouses-ambition-fired-up-by-lack-of-home-games/

Toulouse have promised an important announcement this evening. Complete guess up, could be a new signing, but it might be something to do with the play-offs as there still seems to be some uncertainty about whether they would be allowed to play at home in the playoffs (assuming they were seeded to do so).

To be honest I can't see how they could be denied that right given how high the stakes would be, the impact on part-time players as a one-off wouldn't be that much different to when Fev had to play in Toulouse then fly out to Toronto the same week in the play-offs in 2019.

Try this on for size

If the featherstone vs Toulouse game is cancelled 

Toulouse cannot reach the required number of games to qualify

Cue covid outbreak in Featherstone after the Bradford game 🤔🤔 then back to work vs Dewsbury 🤔

All aboard the cynical express🤔🤔

31 minutes ago, coolie said:

Try this on for size

If the featherstone vs Toulouse game is cancelled 

Cue covid outbreak in Featherstone after the Bradford game 🤔🤔 then back to work vs Dewsbury 🤔

All aboard the cynical express🤔🤔

Sigh. Still so many people who haven't paid enough attention to learn the rules which have been well documented for several months.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sigh. Still so many people who haven't paid enough attention to learn the rules which have been well documented for several months.

Rules change in the world of covid rugby league... There's nowt set in stone.. 🤔

Or we'd be having a rugby league world Cup 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

Rules change in the world of covid rugby league... There's nowt set in stone.. 🤔

Or we'd be having a rugby league world Cup 🤣🤣

We are having a Rugby League World Cup last time i  looked.

17 minutes ago, coolie said:

2 hours ago, coolie said:

One thing set in stone Toulouse dont have to play a set number of games to qualify, so you are right rules change 

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

the Toulouse point of view...
https://www.totalrl.com/toulouses-ambition-fired-up-by-lack-of-home-games/

Toulouse have promised an important announcement this evening. Complete guess up, could be a new signing, but it might be something to do with the play-offs as there still seems to be some uncertainty about whether they would be allowed to play at home in the playoffs (assuming they were seeded to do so).

To be honest I can't see how they could be denied that right given how high the stakes would be, the impact on part-time players as a one-off wouldn't be that much different to when Fev had to play in Toulouse then fly out to Toronto the same week in the play-offs in 2019.

Guess it's this

Le Toulouse Olympique enregistre la prolongation jusqu’en 2023 de son attaquant polyvalent Latrell SCHAUMKEL.

Latrell SCHAUMKEL extends contract to 2023

Latrell SCHAUMKEL au TO jusqu’en 2023 - Toulouse Olympique XIII (to13.com)

26 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Actually no club does

NI.-BALL-770x480.jpg

Toulouse will be able to participate in the Championship play-offs – even if they don’t or can’t reach the minimum number of 16 games.

The points percentage system was brought in to level the playing field, with 16 the number of minimum games to be played to ensure the play-offs run smoothly.

However, most of Toulouse’s home games have been postponed as English clubs do not want to travel for fears of quarantine upon returning.

i might be missing something but this says Toulouse, not all championship clubs 

4 minutes ago, paff said:

NI.-BALL-770x480.jpg

Toulouse will be able to participate in the Championship play-offs – even if they don’t or can’t reach the minimum number of 16 games.

The points percentage system was brought in to level the playing field, with 16 the number of minimum games to be played to ensure the play-offs run smoothly.

However, most of Toulouse’s home games have been postponed as English clubs do not want to travel for fears of quarantine upon returning.

i might be missing something but this says Toulouse, not all championship clubs 

What you're missing is that this cut and paste of yours is from Serious About Rugby League, which is a website whose speciality is taking stories broken by others, adding a massive click bait title and hoping you'll click on it. It's amazing how many people fall for their sensational click bait stuff. 

And just to clarify: games that are cancelled having been postponed due to quarantine regulations aren't counted as being postponed in terms of the % of games required to be eligible for the play offs for either Toulouse OR for their UK opponents. So our cancelled game in Toulouse doesn't count as an unfulfilled/postponed  game for us either.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

And just to clarify: games that are cancelled having been postponed due to quarantine regulations aren't counted as being postponed in terms of the % of games required to be eligible for the play offs for either Toulouse OR for their UK opponents. So our cancelled game in Toulouse doesn't count as an unfulfilled/postponed  game for us either.

So no one has to play 16 games to qualify ?? 

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They all do, but if a game is cancelled due to quarantine regulations it counts as being played, for both teams involved.

so you dont have to actually play 16 games on the field just on paper, bit ###### on the rest of the championship who will try hard to fulfill fixtures 

Thank you mister Phantom you have made it so clear to me now, play 16 dont play 16 qualify who knows 

i have learnt something today and that is what the RFL want they will get ha  

9 hours ago, The Grinder said:

In relation to Fev not playing in France, Fev have got an advantage of not having to play TO over there. London haven't for example so we have gained an advantage. Had the travel restriction not still been in place Dewsbury would have had to travel there this weekend and we would have had an advantage over Dewsbury. Assuming that TO do come to Fev to play on Yorkshire day, we will have gained an advantage over TO by playing them at home and not away.

Whether it was our choice or not is irrelevant, we have gained an advantage over other teams in this league.

Your comment here is trying to back up your initial statement which said we took advantage of the rules. Totally different to how you've worded it above.

18 minutes ago, paff said:

so you dont have to actually play 16 games on the field just on paper, bit ###### on the rest of the championship who will try hard to fulfill fixtures 

Thank you mister Phantom you have made it so clear to me now, play 16 dont play 16 qualify who knows 

i have learnt something today and that is what the RFL want they will get ha  

You don't seem to understand that the reason Toulouse have had so many games postponed is because other teams have opted out of those games, not Toulouse. 

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You don't seem to understand that the reason Toulouse have had so many games postponed is because other teams have opted out of those games, not Toulouse. 

No i understand that,but i always think the result should be on the pitch, what do Dewsbury get out of the cancelled game this week , why dont the full time team come over for the week and play us and Dewsbury 

its been good chatting pal and clearly you know your stuff 

But its not just covid killing the game the RFL have their hands round the neck 

15 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Your comment here is trying to back up your initial statement which said we took advantage of the rules. Totally different to how you've worded it above.

Rob, so you don’t believe that Fev had the choice to go to France play the game against Toulouse and then isolate on return to the UK in the same way that SL team s playing Catalan have? The reality is that we did have that choice, however with part time players and the costs we would have incurred as a club made this poor choice. So yes we chose to use the rules the RFL had put in place meaning that a part time team did not have fulfil any game in France without penalty. 

On the other hand Toulouse have had to do the travel and isolation every other week. 

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Rob, so you don’t believe that Fev had the choice to go to France play the game against Toulouse and then isolate on return to the UK in the same way that SL team s playing Catalan have? The reality is that we did have that choice, however with part time players and the costs we would have incurred as a club made this poor choice. So yes we chose to use the rules the RFL had put in place meaning that a part time team did not have fulfil any game in France without penalty. 

On the other hand Toulouse have had to do the travel and isolation every other week. 

Are part time players with jobs outside of the game in a position to make that choice irrespective of what the club is allowed / wants to do.  FT teams are in an entirely different position which is why London had to forfeit.  We're comparing apples with pears.

Archived