league table

tms

28 minutes ago, paff said:

No i understand that,but i always think the result should be on the pitch, what do Dewsbury get out of the cancelled game this week , why dont the full time team come over for the week and play us and Dewsbury 

its been good chatting pal and clearly you know your stuff 

But its not just covid killing the game the RFL have their hands round the neck 

Dewsbury get a null result. Currently they are on  a win% of 34.62, should they have travelled to Toulouse and (quite probably) lost that would drop to  32.1%.

Travelling from France to the UK currently necessitates a 10 day isolation and from the UK to France, if not fully vaccinated, 7 days. It would seem that the Championship is now not considered an elite sport to gain an exemption from these rules.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Are part time players with jobs outside of the game in a position to make that choice irrespective of what the club is allowed / wants to do.  FT teams are in an entirely different position which is why London had to forfeit.  We're comparing apples with pears.

It is for this reason that the RFL put the protocols in place to not penalise part time clubs if they choose not to travel and play in France. Please note that for example the club could compensate players having to isolate rather than work, etc. Not a good choice, but still a choice.

FWIW I believe we made the right choice (no brainier). Is it an advantage (which is what we are debating) - yes it is.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

7 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It is for this reason that the RFL put the protocols in place to not penalise part time clubs if they choose not to travel and play in France. Please note that for example the club could compensate players having to isolate rather than work, etc. Not a good choice, but still a choice.

FWIW I believe we made the right choice (no brainier). Is it an advantage (which is what we are debating) - yes it is.

It's not just about the Club compensating players, empolyers, whilst often sympathetic to players, need to be considered too. it's not long ago that Ben Blackmore gave up his job to travel for a game abroad with Sheffield (Totonto IIRC) as his employer wouldn't give him the time off

26 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's not just about the Club compensating players, empolyers, whilst often sympathetic to players, need to be considered too. it's not long ago that Ben Blackmore gave up his job to travel for a game abroad with Sheffield (Totonto IIRC) as his employer wouldn't give him the time off

Yep.  Was just thinking that.  Believe it or not.....

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

the rules as they stand now.

That indicates your expecting the goal posts to move🤔

This is rugby league we're talking about, not some well run juggernaut that does logic or sense

Games on its backside from top to bottom, no strategy, no goals, no direction, the house of cards could collapse at anytime... Nothing surprises me when the game fails, how can a so called global game be global without international rugby league.. RFL, super league whoever is running the game has got it to a <<oops I tried to get around the swear filter and failed>> poor state of affairs. 

And things my friend will only get worse 🤔

20 minutes ago, coolie said:

That indicates your expecting the goal posts to move🤔

No, I just used the phrase "the rules as they stand now" because you seemed not to understand them. It was you who was talking about the rules changing.

20 minutes ago, coolie said:

This is rugby league we're talking about, not some well run juggernaut that does logic or sense

Games on its backside from top to bottom, no strategy, no goals, no direction, the house of cards could collapse at anytime... Nothing surprises me when the game fails, how can a so called global game be global without international rugby league.. RFL, super league whoever is running the game has got it to a <<oops I tried to get around the swear filter and failed>> poor state of affairs.

And things my friend will only get worse 🤔

I don't disagree with any of this. The only reason I responded to your original post was because it included the incorrect phrase "If the Featherstone vs Toulouse game is cancelled Toulouse cannot reach the required number of games to qualify".

21 hours ago, The Grinder said:

In relation to Fev not playing in France, Fev have got an advantage of not having to play TO over there. London haven't for example so we have gained an advantage. Had the travel restriction not still been in place Dewsbury would have had to travel there this weekend and we would have had an advantage over Dewsbury. Assuming that TO do come to Fev to play on Yorkshire day, we will have gained an advantage over TO by playing them at home and not away.

Whether it was our choice or not is irrelevant, we have gained an advantage over other teams in this league.

YOUR right G we'ave gained an advantage over other teams in this league. but not for missing out on our trip to La Ville Rose no championship team will play in TO this season  but the  advantage over other teams in this league.is  down to us having a great squad of players🏆

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Again? He's a bit like a stuck record. 

That's true L but before he didn't want promotion  but now

I think there’s room for a promotion, I’d like to think there’s a way of bringing somebody in, maybe two, that could work.🤣

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Tony Smith has always been against promotion and relegation.He dosn't get it as he thinks clubs will be stronger following the Aussie model.But for this season i agree that it would be unfair to relegate any team due to the cancelled games and fixture list.However i do think there should be promotion.Make what you can of that, i know it seems strange logic but if Toulouse were promoted they would have my blessing.

5 hours ago, lingaro said:

The cynical side of me thinks this year he wants 2 promoted to dilute the chances of Hull kr being relegated next season.  I have no time for him and his own self interests. 

He was all for Promotion when he was at Huddersfield in the Second Division.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Have I got this right?

A draw would put us top?

I believe you are correct.

Looking at how they have derived the points percentage for those teams that have drawn games already, you work out the percentage by traditional points achieved divided by possible points.

So if Toulouse draw they will have 19 points from a possible 20 and thus a points percentage of 95%.

Whereas if we draw we will have 27 points from a possible 28 and a points percentage of 96.43%.

Archived