Simon Johnson

58 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I certainly think he should apologise and withdraw the remark. I think it's completely unacceptable to be labelling people as cowards, given the serious nature of what we're dealing with with Covid.

I understand the frustration, disappointment, even anger, but you don't say things like that. These are unprecedented times and lots of people are having to make tough decisions. To be throwing around accusations of cowardice, is pretty shameful.

My take on the use of the word 'cowardly' was the Whatsapp message followed by the 'four minute warning'.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, dkw said:

getting a 4 minute warning over whatsapp means they deserve to be called all the things under the sun. It is cowardice, its outright lying, its shithousery, its pathetic, unprofessional, embarrassing, insular, cretinous.....the list goes no and on. For once they have been called out on it and I for one was chuffed to bits to see him do it. It wasnt shameful in the slightest.

100% this ^^^^

29 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Why are the aussie union team coming then? 

Presumably because the circumstances for them are different.

Are you saying that if Covid hadn't happened these past two years, that the Aussies and New Zealanders would still have withdrawn from the 2021 World Cup?

4 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Presumably because the circumstances for them are different.

Are you saying that if Covid hadn't happened these past two years, that the Aussies and New Zealanders would still have withdrawn from the 2021 World Cup?

yes, I`m saying that for the Aussies, absolutely. They then would have bullied the subjugated NZ`s as they did this time. 

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

I certainly think he should apologise and withdraw the remark. I think it's completely unacceptable to be labelling people as cowards, given the serious nature of what we're dealing with with Covid.

I understand the frustration, disappointment, even anger, but you don't say things like that. These are unprecedented times and lots of people are having to make tough decisions. To be throwing around accusations of cowardice, is pretty shameful.

Rubbish.   Utter tosh.

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

I will go further because it was cowardly to go behind the international board and the RLWC organisers and just come out of with it.   They did not want to face anybody or discuss and clearly they had a hidden agenda.  Cowardly bullies.

COWARDLY.

Cowardly is as cowardly does.

COWARDLY.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I despair if our attempt to appease any concerns around Covid is “well, people in their twenties don’t die of it, so don’t worry” all the while we’re nearing twenty Super League games this year off because of Covid. 

Games being called off are a failure of protocols by clubs and players and because one player has got positive others have to isolate.  Not many have tested positive and I'm  guessing no one has got seriously ill, indeed many i guess did not have much in the way of symptoms.

This is a serious illness and far and away the best majority of our population are now protected thanks to the efficient vaccine programme which will get a booster starting in September.

Good luck to Australia when their next lock down comes round.  Because their lockdowns are not going to work unless they start vaccinating. 

2 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

And then say we can have our own games against NZ because the international game is important to us

It's a hostile take over. Once they kill off this world cup, they'll draw up their own International programme, kill off the IRL then they'll have no opposition while the NH game withers and dies. 

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Interesting he also said this  

honestly believe that even if world cup was in Australia or New Zealand, NRL clubs would have had players pulling out left right and centre. Of course, if there was an origin series to be played over a few weeks, everyone would be available.

3 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

And then say we can have our own games against NZ because the international game is important to us

The two things aren't in contradiction though. If it's not possible for the world cup to go ahead (which is their opinion), why not do something instead that IS possible?

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

The two things aren't in contradiction though. If it's not possible for the world cup to go ahead (which is their opinion), why not do something instead that IS possible?

That’s true. Much like Pearson got slated yesterday for saying the SL season could be extended if the WC doesn’t happen. 

However it’s clear to most people that this withdrawal isn’t about fear of covid, it’s about fear of disrupting the NRL season. 

7 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

That is quite correct, apart from the "if it's not possible for the world cup to go ahead" bit - it is quite clearly possible, and the people proposing the alternative are the same people stopping it from happening.

So the contradiction is that they are proposing an alternative to the thing that could happen if it weren't for them.

At least Pearson is proposing an alternative approach to a situation he can't control.

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

That is quite correct, apart from the "if it's not possible for the world cup to go ahead" bit - it is quite clearly possible, and the people proposing the alternative are the same people stopping it from happening.

So the contradiction is that they are proposing an alternative to the thing that could happen if it weren't for them.

At least Pearson is proposing an alternative approach to a situation he can't control.

well put.

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

If the WC does go ahead then no its not possible because its clear they could have come and they have broken the international rules and calender etc. 

This is why any cancellation of the Cup or it's postponement is a total disaster.   It's a move force majeure a coercion by the NRL to defacto take over our game.

This whole issue is a total massive disaster... of HUGE proportions.

And the wheelchair and women's games... !!!

The idea of the Anzac carrying on in their game Pacific bubble is as nothing to what we have just been hit with.  A giant steam train.

I am very sorry to have to say, and repeat, to you and to everyone else ... But we MUST totally reorganize our game from top to bottom.  And find investment.  We are not in the last chance saloon even, we have been thrown out the back and left with the bottles of empties. Fosters of course.

Archived