Morgan Smith.

Stirlin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Sorry to disappoint you S but he's got no chance ACL minimum 9 months  so if he's lucky with an injury around the 25th of FEB could start playing at the back end of october unfortunately  playoffs

First round SEP 25th/26th

Semi's  OCT  1st/2nd 

Final OCT 10th

4 hours ago, POR said:

Sorry to disappoint you S but he's got no chance ACL minimum 9 months  so if he's lucky with an injury around the 25th of FEB could start playing at the back end of october unfortunately  playoffs

First round SEP 25th/26th

Semi's  OCT  1st/2nd 

Final OCT 10th

He'll be back for the semi then up to speed for the final then. Fine with that.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 24/07/2021 at 14:11, Simon Hall said:

He'll be back for the semi then up to speed for the final then. Fine with that.

I love it when teams are already planning for next seasons playoffs

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

Just read fev want Morgan for next season, 

Can't miss what you've never had I suppose, but it does stick in the throat a bit that he's been paid handsomely for a full season sat on the sidelines (obviously through no fault of his own) then he gets fit and goes to Fev. Nice one, cheers for all the input.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

15 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Just because a Fev fan would like to sign him does not make it that he has gone, let's wait and see.

Exactly SK but nowt to do with FEV fans it's matt shaw feeding more rumours to the examiner  That's four now were signing for next year😀

Last year they got all their FEV  predictions wrong😭

23 hours ago, POR said:

Exactly SK but nowt to do with FEV fans it's matt shaw feeding more rumours to the examiner  That's four now were signing for next year😀

Last year they got all their FEV  predictions wrong😭

Who were their predictions last year, and more importantly who was the journalist who wrote them? Matt Shaw wasn't working for his current employers last year, he was working for League Express, and he/LE broke the news of the signings of Welham, Field, Kopczak and Halton, to name just four.

I presume Smith has been getting some kind of payment from the Knights? If this is the case and he disappears to Fev it says a lot about him as a person. He owes us a season.  I appreciate Fev might pay a bit more than us, but they are hardly Melbourne Storm offering him £300k+ a year.  Let's hope he's an honourable bloke and turns out for us in 2022. If he's had no payment from us then feel free to clear off. 

9 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

I presume Smith has been getting some kind of payment from the Knights? If this is the case and he disappears to Fev it says a lot about him as a person. He owes us a season.  I appreciate Fev might pay a bit more than us, but they are hardly Melbourne Storm offering him £300k+ a year.  Let's hope he's an honourable bloke and turns out for us in 2022. If he's had no payment from us then feel free to clear off. 

Why do you think clubs take out player insurance for this sort of thing happening the insurance would have been paying his wage's not the club

16 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

jamie ellis is a class player, we would be very lucky to get him on board 

Pro's & cons

He's in a full time environment at Leigh, will have lots of winning pay next season, most probably will get another crack at super league when Leigh win the league again next season

Or

He can sign for York

Rocket scientists don't reply 🤔🤔

13 minutes ago, coolie said:

Pro's & cons

He's in a full time environment at Leigh, will have lots of winning pay next season, most probably will get another crack at super league when Leigh win the league again next season

Or

He can sign for York

Rocket scientists don't reply 🤔🤔

And he's 10 years too young to be a Rams halfback, maybe 2030 he will be.

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

And he's 10 years too young to be a Rams halfback, maybe 2030 he will be.

We're going youthful from now on🤔

Our halfback will be 50 combined rather than in the 70's lol

That's if sykes retires.. No talk of it yet its all about Liam Finn's career coming to a close 🤔

Big loses for us are Garrett going to Hull KR, and Matt Fleming going to Widnes.. I'm sure they'll be others going in the coming weeks 🤔

The big thing for both York & Dewsbury is to get back to traditional rugby league, I'll be gutted if "where do you want to play the ball" or "six to go" are still with us next season and no scrums😢

17 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Assuming you actually know whether he’s been offered a contract by the knights

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

We're going youthful from now on🤔

Our halfback will be 50 combined rather than in the 70's lol

That's if sykes retires.. No talk of it yet its all about Liam Finn's career coming to a close 🤔

Big loses for us are Garrett going to Hull KR, and Matt Fleming going to Widnes.. I'm sure they'll be others going in the coming weeks 🤔

The big thing for both York & Dewsbury is to get back to traditional rugby league, I'll be gutted if "where do you want to play the ball" or "six to go" are still with us next season and no scrums😢

That's it with us smaller clubs, our starting 17 from one season to the next is 60% different, preferred the pre Bosman days when you signed a young player and if he was a star in the making you got a bit of money for him.

18 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

I presume Smith has been getting some kind of payment from the Knights? If this is the case and he disappears to Fev it says a lot about him as a person. He owes us a season.

How does that work then, he should play for free?

Unless you know what offer he has been made by York and what offers from other clubs, how can you possibly comment on what he should do?

Morgan signed a 1 year contract with us, he turned up did pre season trading unfortunately got injured which rules him out for the year he will have been through a lot of pain and rehab through no fault of his own or ours. I’m sure there is nothing in the contract stating he owes us a year in case he got injured I think that’s been unfair on him and I’m sure he would have loved to have played every game this year.

If he wants to move on it’s his choice and good luck to him but at the moment it’s only rumours and as mentioned before players come players go and if he was made to stay another year because he allegedly owes us then I’m sure we wouldn’t get the best out of him. I just want to see players here who want to play for the club and be proud to wear the shirt after all reputations aren’t everything as we have seen this year.

Archived