Morgan Smith.

Stirlin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/10/2021 at 11:46, stevo56 said:

Probably would of signed for us if we could of offered a bigger contract than Fev,remember everyone its all about the money not loyalty,hometown clubs or what the fans want.

Interesting analogy  S you say it's all about money for some players yes those who think they are better than everybody else  but that's not everyone and I think morgan falls into that category  and about home town clubs one of your favourites  Tim S on signing for FEV I was offered more money to stay but chose to play with MY club with some off my best mates and think morgan falls into that hometown category too

Bottom line NO matter who you play for in your career there will always be one club you would play for given the chance

May be an image of 1 person and text

Sorry don't agree ,everyone (players and fans)bang on about "it's a short career" and they need to earn as much as possible in that time frame.

Therefore players look at the biggest financial offer they have and will go for that.

Probably in this case Fevs offer was the biggest and he took it.

However i will say the short career thing is ###### as most people are capable of working past the age of 35 or 40 and can get another job when they finish playing professional sport.

Financial greed rules i'm afraid as it does in most industries and walks of life.

3 hours ago, stevo56 said:

Sorry don't agree ,everyone (players and fans)bang on about "it's a short career" and they need to earn as much as possible in that time frame.

Therefore players look at the biggest financial offer they have and will go for that.

Probably in this case Fevs offer was the biggest and he took it.

However i will say the short career thing is ###### as most people are capable of working past the age of 35 or 40 and can get another job when they finish playing professional sport.

Financial greed rules i'm afraid as it does in most industries and walks of life.

ll let you into a little secret it's always been FEV's policy when they sign a new player from another club he is given a one year contract on the same money as his previous contract

9 hours ago, POR said:

ll let you into a little secret it's always been FEV's policy when they sign a new player from another club he is given a one year contract on the same money as his previous contract

Not doubting you, but does that rule apply to signings from Super League?

30 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

good point , fev might have had the same money policy back in the day, but it don,t wash these times .

11 hours ago, POR said:

And all those players you’ve signed from the likes of Batley and Dewsbury over the years just come to Fev for the love of the club then yeah? 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

My apologies I should have said championship club player  Sl players sign for a much reduced contract despite what many other fans think THE maximum FEV pay is only a few K above the championship average however one of the sponsors pays them a win bonus to boost earnings

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

good point , fev might have had the same money policy back in the day, but it don,t wash these times .

Not back in the day G this has only been cambels  and clubs policy since he took charge

17 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

And all those players you’ve signed from the likes of Batley and Dewsbury over the years just come to Fev for the love of the club then yeah? 

Not for the love of the club but mark want's the player to show  him He want's to play for FEV and not  for the money

Remember when I told you about Tim S signing for less money well in that case his old club heard about it an offered him a bigger contract but he turned it down and signed for FEV that's what Mark loves about possible signings

42 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I just think it's interesting to hear about other clubs and POR is not one to gloat about how good Fev are, I hope he keeps on posting on our site.

yes his comments are mostly valid unlike a lot of the fev fans , hard done by , rl hates em etc .

1 hour ago, YCKonstantine said:

Is this like a second Featherstone forum now?

We've always had a good relationship with Featherstone supporters, or at least I have. Nice to hear from POR, plus the Fev guys also have the cross that is Coolie Lad to bear as well

On 24/10/2021 at 10:45, georgeb1 said:

yes his comments are mostly valid unlike a lot of the fev fans , hard done by , rl hates em etc .

The RFL hates us and the whole of the rugby league world is against us🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 24/10/2021 at 10:00, spanishknight said:

I just think it's interesting to hear about other clubs and POR is not one to gloat about how good Fev are, I hope he keeps on posting on our site.

FEV are the best thing since sliced bread 🤣🤣🤣🤣

As a footnote about playing for your hometown club jimmy becket has left FEV and joined Coolie to get more game time and he tweeted

Massive thank you to @FevRoversRLFC for the last 3 years, was a dream to pull on the shirt for the club I supported growing up

Long may rugby league dreams come true

Archived