Are you worried about attendances?

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The popular opinion is having purchased a season ticket punters are against paying the full admission price, obviously play off games can not be included in the ST purchase as it is an unknown how many or if any there would be, surely the club's could charge the same price per game as they arrive to ST holders for the same price they pay per game when they purchase their season tickets, surely those who have not purchased ST's would begrudge them paying a lower admission price?

i believe there is a discount of a fiver per ticket for st holders which broadly brings it inline with the price you pay per game on a season ticket.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The storm said:

Im gonna buy a season ticket for my own team widnes vikings next season without a doubt. 

This season ive been to more games that in recent years and its that routine that is needed. 

How many have Widnes been getting to games this season? I have looked but can’t find any published. 

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The popular opinion is having purchased a season ticket punters are against paying the full admission price, obviously play off games can not be included in the ST purchase as it is an unknown how many or if any there would be, surely the club's could charge the same price per game as they arrive to ST holders for the same price they pay per game when they purchase their season tickets, surely those who have not purchased ST's would begrudge them paying a lower admission price?

I know its easy to propose something without doing the maths but something like - ST holders get in half price and if they bring a non ST holder in with them that person gets in for 2/3 of the price. For clubs like Wire, Saints Wigan, Leeds etc im sure that kind of offer would ensure at least 12 to 15k in the ground. They are the types of crowds we want to see at playoffs with a great atmosphere under the lights.

As I said some bright young things at each club will need to do the maths but surely we don't want to see a 8k play off crowd at a match like Wigan V Leeds..... it should be 15 to 16k all day long.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

i believe there is a discount of a fiver per ticket for st holders which broadly brings it inline with the price you pay per game on a season ticket.

Yes they have Dave, i picked up my ticket for the Saints playoff game today. I’m a season ticket holder but id be happy to see non-season ticket holders let in for £18. 

On 18/09/2021 at 12:23, Davo5 said:

Nearly 13k at Wigan last night with not a lot at stake & what looked like a big crowd at Leeds,or is that being too positive for the forum.

Thought the Wigan crowd was disappointing, given how generous the offer was from the club - every season ticket holder was entitled to an additional free ticket and "key workers" where offered 2 free tickets, from an extensive list;

Who qualifies as a key worker?

The UK government has created an official list of key workers. We have summarised the industries below:

Health and social care: doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff, including volunteers.

Education and childcare: childcare, support and teaching staff, social workers and education professionals.

Key public services: those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, journalists and broadcasters who provide public service broadcasting.

Local and national government: only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid-19 response, or delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.

Food and other necessary goods: those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods.

Public safety and national security: police and support staff, Ministry of Defence civilians, contractor and armed forces personnel, fire and rescue service employees, National Crime Agency staff, those maintaining border security, prison and probation staff and other national security roles.

Transport: those who keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response.

Utilities, communication and financial services: staff needed for essential financial services, the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors, information technology and data infrastructure sector, as well as key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications, postal services and delivery, payments providers and waste disposal sectors.

As a comparison, Bolton on Saturday did a "Family Day", £10 an adult ticket, £5 for U18's and OAPs and pulled in a crowd of 20,877 for a 3rd division football game, of which about 1500 where from Rotherham.  

20 minutes ago, shrek said:

Thought the Wigan crowd was disappointing, given how generous the offer was from the club - every season ticket holder was entitled to an additional free ticket and "key workers" where offered 2 free tickets, from an extensive list;

As a comparison, Bolton on Saturday did a "Family Day", £10 an adult ticket, £5 for U18's and OAPs and pulled in a crowd of 20,877 for a 3rd division football game, of which about 1500 where from Rotherham.  

For the 1000th time on here... you can't compair Football crowds V RL crowds!

Why didn't you compair those games to say the Scottish Premier league??

24 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

For the 1000th time on here... you can't compair Football crowds V RL crowds!

Why didn't you compair those games to say the Scottish Premier league??

It was two clubs who'd run a promotion roughly 5 miles apart, within 24 hours of each other. 

With or without the comparison, the Wigan crowd was poor given the generosity of the offer.

11 minutes ago, shrek said:

It was two clubs who'd run a promotion roughly 5 miles apart, within 24 hours of each other. 

With or without the comparison, the Wigan crowd was poor given the generosity of the offer.

There’s definitely something in the timing of the seasons though. RL doesn’t seem to have quite got out of that lockdown feeling, whereas football has benefited hugely from starting the season with a clean slate.

I was at actually both of the games you mention as it happens (and Huddersfield-Leigh yesterday). Busy weekend!

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

The Bulls went with adults for a tenner, kids for free yesterday and got 5340

Not a bad attendance all things considered

Pity that they ruined the goodwill by serving up gash on the pitch (credit where credit is due to Whitehaven though...)

Careful, you’ll have people saying that cheap tickets cheapen the product. 

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There’s definitely something in the timing of the seasons though. RL doesn’t seem to have quite got out of that lockdown feeling, whereas football has benefited hugely from starting the season with a clean slate.

I was at actually both of the games you mention as it happens (and Huddersfield-Leigh yesterday). Busy weekend!

Whilst I hope you right, I'm not convinced. 

There was a real pent up excitement amongst friends to get back to football, cricket, F1 etc but when it came to the rugby it seemed to be more doom and gloom, especially in Wigan, plenty seem keen to find excuses (obviously anecdotal) around how 2020 season ticket refunds where handled or not, some still banging on about the Edwards saga.  Hopefully they'll see sense for 2022, but like I say I'm not entirely convinced they will.

Good effort on your weekend sporting endeavours!

56 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Jinx 😉

Lets be honest most ticket sales are ST sales. Soccer have been able to sell their full STs and off the back of an international tournament were England played at home.

Rugby now need a big push in the off season and shame on the cowards from down under who will damage next seasons attendances and any potential bounce back from a feel good factor.

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It looked less 

But that is the nature of a stadium that size , your ' band ' aren't good or loud enough either 🙄

As I've said on another thread, put that crowd in Salford, Wakefield or Leigh and it doesn't look too bad, but it's totally lost in our cavernous stands!

To be fair the Leigh fans made a decent bit of noise, the nature of the stadium means that even a few away supporters can be heard in that stand, yet the noise from our section seems to to get lost in the forest on the Kilner Bank!

No band at ours, just a guy who used to come years ago turns up with a trumpet and a few cowbells. 😃

1 minute ago, meast said:

To be fair the Leigh fans made a decent bit of noise, the nature of the stadium means that even a few away supporters can be heard in that stand, yet the noise from our section seems to to get lost in the forest on the Kilner Bank!

No band at ours, just a guy who used to come years ago turns up with a trumpet and a few cowbells. 😃

What would you give for a 5,000 capacity standing terrace ? , we nearly ended up all seater at the LSV , if we had we'd be getting a 1,000 less at each match IMO 

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Preferably down the side, I'd love it!

We are developing the YMCA Ground at Laund Hill for our academy and reserves but I'd love it if we could build a 7000 capacity ground for the Giants up there, a smaller modern version of Fartown would be fantasticle!

I wanted our standing to be down the side , just so we could do the Leeds " forward " , but will settle for the north we've got , I genuinely doubt I'd still be going if it was all seater 

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Surely the bigger question needs to by over why the game's supporters aren't willing to pay full price for what is supposedly the "business end" of the season, with "everything on the line" fixtures between the season's best teams? 

I understand why people think that the answer to this issue is in making tickets cheaper, but I'd argue the real difference comes in making the playoffs more desirable. Cheap tickets isn't marketing.

Archived