Are you worried about attendances?

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well two of the things in his post were obvious. 

Book a different stadium for Jam v Knights, and put a link for ticket sales on the website. 

Deadpan!

8 hours ago, Tabby said:

You have a lot of “I don’t think” yet lack how to change it.

Erm, put the game on in a decent stadium, that is fit for purpose, preferably close to a place with a larger Jamaican community and acually market it.

And make the tickets easier to buy, by using the actual website where people would think they are available 

just for starters

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Erm, put the game on in a decent stadium, that is fit for purpose, preferably close to a place with a larger Jamaican community and acually market it.

And make the tickets easier to buy, by using the actual website where people would think they are available 

just for starters

You would have been amazing at a higher level. 

On 21/09/2021 at 22:34, TheReaper said:

Why not? My Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL) seasons tickets include playoff games, if they don't make it then it's a credit on your next years' season tickets. Or you could get the cash back if you really wanted. Don't see why anyone else couldn't do the same.

Every season ticket could include credit which can be used against play off or Grand Final tickets. Say £20 on adult season tickets and £10 on kids season tickets which can be used to either buy tickets for play off games or Grand Final tickets through the season ticket holders club.

This would have the following benefits 

1) Encourage people to buy season tickets

2) Increase attendances for play off games 

3) Get more neutrals at the Grand Final 

4) Get clubs not involved in the Grand Final to promote the event and sell tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Every season ticket could include credit which can be used against play off or Grand Final tickets. Say £20 on adult season tickets and £10 on kids season tickets which can be used to either buy tickets for play off games or Grand Final tickets through the season ticket holders club.

4) Get clubs not involved in the Grand Final to promote the event and sell tickets.

Or people could just buy a ticket and go to the games they want to see live 🤔

On 21/09/2021 at 22:34, TheReaper said:

Why not? My Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL) seasons tickets include playoff games, if they don't make it then it's a credit on your next years' season tickets. Or you could get the cash back if you really wanted. Don't see why anyone else couldn't do the same.

This is a good idea.

Imagine all 12 SL clubs added this to their season ticket. Say £40 extra. That money would collectively go into a SL account with a competitive interest rate.

Those clubs that did not reach the plays off would transfer the extra fees back to their supporters, either directly or by offers/deductions for next season.

All the monies in the collective amount would amass interest, which left for say ten years could give RL a core cash reserve. 

Thoughts?

Attendances.

Couple of points. It is the largest single revenue stream for clubs at all levels.

I would encourage the RFL and clubs to work together through joint action and shared good practice to try and increase attendances.

An extra 1,000 spectators per game per club would be another £3m into the game just at SL level. 

I would encourage a more collective supportive way to restore RL and one way would be a central levy of any gate incomes of crowds over 5,000. This could be used to boost attendances.

Thoughts?

Edited by idrewthehaggis

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If I knew how to add this to my previous comment, I would.

Fully endorse this. 

It would need joint agreement for all clubs and the RFL. 

I think supporters would benefit from it as well as rally to it. Plus it is more convenient. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1