Luke Gale

Leeds comment, somewhat vaguely, on the rumours which have been going around since he wasn't picked on Friday.

Luke Gale statement

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed that Luke Gale has been stood down as captain of the club for behaviours not aligned to team trademarks. 

Gale will be available for selection for Thursday’s Betfred Super League clash at Hull FC and the club now see this matter as closed.

The England international commented, “I would like to apologise to everyone connected to the club for my behaviour, which fell below the standards expected of our team. I will be making sure I give my absolute best every day to help the team achieve our goal this season.”

I'm think I get what they mean but "behaviours not aligned to team trademarks" makes it sound like he was knocking off some fake Rhinos merch down Leeds market 😄

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

In the very long term, do you see someone like Oledzki as captaincy material?

No Oledski is young and doesn’t need the responsibility, Prior will be captain for the forseeable future unless Sezer takes it over next year of course depends on how Gale reacts he could well regain it.

100% behind the club on this one, being captain shouldn’t be taken lightly IMO

4 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

In the very long term, do you see someone like Oledzki as captaincy material?

Not for me, if we'r talking in the very long term, of the current younger players...Cam Smith would be the one who strikes me as captain material.

4 hours ago, Southerner said:

Rhinos did pretty well without him didn’t they! Always felt he’s a bit overrated. 

yep they did, Sutcliffe played really well in that position... but he went off (HIV) just on half time and Leeds were half as good 2nd half.  He won't be available to cover, so Gale will be the only experienced only option next game - so no surprise he will be available...

24 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep they did, Sutcliffe played really well in that position... but he went off (HIV) just on half time and Leeds were half as good 2nd half.  He won't be available to cover, so Gale will be the only experienced only option next game - so no surprise he will be available...

Would imagine that was HIA mate, otherwise that really is an exceptional recovery. 

have heard he booked a week in cornwall without informing the club to meet one the most experienced roofers in the area and get his bonce re thatched 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Rumour is Gale threw his toys out of the pram when criticised during a post-match video session.

One of them hit konrad hurrell and now he’s out for 6 matches

Archived