Roger Tuivasa-Sheck quits the NRL to play union for NZ union

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Incredible, he wants to go on an end-of-season tour to Europe, he even wants to participate in a World Cup !! The wonders never cease.

Good on you Roger, you owe us nothing and thanks for the memories.

6 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Incredible, he wants to go on an end-of-season tour to Europe, he even wants to participate in a World Cup !! The wonders never cease.

Good on you Roger, you owe us nothing and thanks for the memories.

He could have done that with the Kiwis, oh hang on 

5 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Sadly I wonder if other great talents may be swayed now, I know RTS was going anyway but the self interest and incompetence surrounding the international game surely increases the likelihood of others going to a sport that recognises the importance of international competition. 😔

You know what, part of me actually wants Tom Trbojevic and Latrell Mitchell to sign for the Wallabies and tell the NRL why they are leaving is to play in big international competitions and travel the world.  I know that is cutting off your nose to... etc.  but that is exactly how I feel at the moment.

And if there were no swear filter on here, the NRL part would littered with words starting with F.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Sadly I wonder if other great talents may be swayed now, I know RTS was going anyway but the self interest and incompetence surrounding the international game surely increases the likelihood of others going to a sport that recognises the importance of international competition. 😔

Either Oz union will accept private equity or blokes like Andrew Forest will have shopping lists as they try one last push to revive Oz rugby, seeing blokes like Sheck welcomed with open arms and travelling the world ain`t going to help, really short-sighted not having something to offer to keep them here.

SOO is slowly losing its` lustre we need something to replace it.

Watch out Ponga will be next.

30 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You know what, part of me actually wants Tom Trbojevic and Latrell Mitchell to sign for the Wallabies and tell the NRL why they are leaving is to play in big international competitions and travel the world.  I know that is cutting off your nose to... etc.  but that is exactly how I feel at the moment.

And if there were no swear filter on here, the NRL part would littered with words starting with F.

You`re really cut aren`t you mate, but after all the pain I`ve been through seeing great Leaguies playing the other code please don`t wish that on us. I`m sure you must have been through the same thing with Jason Robinson.

I remember it got to the stage with some of them, they`d call them union players who`d played a bit of League once. Just the arrogance.

6 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

You`re really cut aren`t you mate, but after all the pain I`ve been through seeing great Leaguies playing the other code please don`t wish that on us. I`m sure you must have been through the same thing with Jason Robinson.

I remember it got to the stage with some of them, they`d call them union players who`d played a bit of League once. Just the arrogance.

You're right mate, I am absolutely gutted about the whole thing.

A few months ago on here , I said that the NRL was now my real passion when it comes to Rugby League... I have always followed the Aussie game but over the last two or three years, I have absolutely loved it.  The only thing that surpassed it is the internationals... the Kiwi's and the Kangaroos and then more lately Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, PNG.  It all felt great and the World Cup was going to bring these two things together for me.  I have not looked forward to something so much in a long time.

And then this.  One of my passions, the NRL, sabotaging the other.  And for no good reason than just wanting to be the biggest fish in the pond.

Do I really want Turbo Tom and Mitchell to leave the sport? No probably not.  But the way I feel today I have so little regard for the NRL that I am really not that bothered and I never thought I would ever say something like that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I dread the prospect Rocket.

You've got the best competition and the best players on the planet, no argument.

What ( and please forgive me for speaking for you Dunbar?) he wants is for the integrity and the sense of belonging to be restored to the Australian administration.

Our argument, our dismay, is not with your players or the way you play and promote the game it's with the character of your administrators, who seem rotten to the core. 

When this move was first announced, I had a look at the details of the RU club RTS is joining. I predict he'll win just as many trophies with them as he did at the Warriors.

Good luck to him, though. He's given our sport many years of eye-catching action.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Our argument, our dismay, is not with your players or the way you play and promote the game it's with the character of your administrators, who seem rotten to the core. 

If the situations were reversed as regards the power and money in the game, would the SL clubs do exactly the same as the NRL clubs have just done?

Yeah, they probably would.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I already commented on this earlier this morning on the World Cup thread but who can blame him? The RLWC was the only thing that may have kept in RL until the end of the season and the NRL and NZRL took that away. The thing that really takes the Michael is that he wants to tour the UK with the All Blacks in the autumn. Players want to play international sport and world cups and V'landys has taken that away.

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

I already commented on this earlier this morning on the World Cup thread but who can blame him? The RLWC was the only thing that may have kept in RL until the end of the season and the NRL and NZRL took that away. The thing that really takes the Michael is that he wants to tour the UK with the All Blacks in the autumn. Players want to play international sport and world cups and V'landys has taken that away.

He also has been away from home for "2 years" yet still wants to spend weeks being in Europe in Oct/Nov - who would've believed it from a professional sportsman?

Brilliant player , one of the best of recent times . Dylan Walsh will do well if he’s half as good . Not sure why he wants to tour here though … I mean he’s taking his life in his hands 🙄

35 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Brilliant player , one of the best of recent times . Dylan Walsh will do well if he’s half as good . Not sure why he wants to tour here though … I mean he’s taking his life in his hands 🙄

Yes his safety should be paramount.... and resting...... and not being away from home 

Also,for what it's worth don't think he'll start ahead of mckenzie

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

He'll be back in 18 months.

i doubt it- players with the class of rts can adapt as they are so gifted with natrual skill

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

44 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i doubt it- players with the class of rts can adapt as they are so gifted with natrual skill

Can he kick? Have no idea.

Archived