Widnes v Batley

Batley Bob

On 26/07/2021 at 18:46, Batley Bob said:

Don't know where Batley fans are buying tickets 

On the website it says away fans need to book for the South Stand block A. The last time I went though, we were stuck down in the corner, so I'm thinking of booking for block c this time, as it is nearer the halfway line. 

However, I've not managed to buy tickets yet as their website is not putting anything in the basket when you select tickets for any part of the ground.

On 28/07/2021 at 20:53, DOGFATHER said:

On the website it says away fans need to book for the South Stand block A. The last time I went though, we were stuck down in the corner, so I'm thinking of booking for block c this time, as it is nearer the halfway line. 

However, I've not managed to buy tickets yet as their website is not putting anything in the basket when you select tickets for any part of the ground.

Just bought mine

IMG_0583.JPG

Looking forward to this one, don't think it will play out like the home fixture, but I'm hoping we can earn another 2 points to further cement a top six finish. 

Widnes 18 Dogs 28

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, phildog said:

Get in!! What a result, can't say more, 28 unanswered points from 10 behind shortly into the 2nd half.

And to think we did it without Joe Sanderson. 

Whatever happened to him? 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Another outstanding display. I was fully expecting a hammering late on, given the amount of defending we had to do for the first 60 minutes, where it seemed like we only got in to their half 3 times.

I thought Buchanan had a Stormer today, best he's had for us.

I feared for us early in second half as we'd defended for 40 mins and scored on only two visits to their line in the first. I did think if we could get in their twenty they were vulnerable, and boy was I right, we ripped them to bits second half and for those who couldn't make it or went to Featherstone instead, get the DVD is all I can say you won't be disappointed!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived