Jump to content

TO Prepare


Recommended Posts

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will be ecstatic if Toulouse are in SL next season after 3 seasons they will be up there with the best of them.

They have the potential to be the biggest club in SL.

 

Paul

Agreed

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toulouse will have to be an improvement on three or four of the existing clubs and hopefully force some of them to improve their game. I want all clubs to succeed but a number are simply not appropriate for SL, which is a shame,particularly for their owners who have put in substantial amounts of time and money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think you will be surprised SB I know the French and they will follow things much more at a top level Toulouse will average 10/12000 in their first season.

 

Paul

If Covid stops them going up this year, they'll be up next year. They play a great style of rugby as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I once saw Toulouse play Batley in a tiny municipal stadium miles out of town and there was only a small crowd there. I am basing their whole SL potential for the next 20 years entirely on that drunken weekend 😉 

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

If they go up I think they will average around 5-5,500 . Puts them in with Huddersfield and Wakefield,  above Salford. 

Thats a good starting point. 

so 30% less than Leigh 2017 is good for a city the size of Toulouse, 15000 min should be the target and no sky money until there is enough to feed the home game again

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think you will be surprised SB I know the French and they will follow things much more at a top level Toulouse will average 10/12000 in their first season.

 

Paul

 Nothing would surprise me if your mate from the PNG/French game you mentioned recently was on the gate.😉👍

"* Quote whats the attendance 

* 1800 odd

* OK so lets say 7800"

 

Edited by The Rocket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

so 30% less than Leigh 2017 is good for a city the size of Toulouse, 15000 min should be the target and no sky money until there is enough to feed the home game again

Nope. If their games are being shown on TV, they deserve Sky TV money just the same as anyone else. This was a key mistake from the Toronto saga. Parochial, self interest has no room in the sport; we need to learn our lessons, which Toronto and last week's ARLC/NZRL decision are prime examples of.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Nope. If their games are being shown on TV, they deserve Sky TV money just the same as anyone else. This was a key mistake from the Toronto saga. Parochial, self interest has no room in the sport; we need to learn our lessons, which Toronto and last week's ARLC/NZRL decision are prime examples of.

Exactly and I’m sure Sky will be more than happy to take their home game feed meaning they get a “free” match every week.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Nope. If their games are being shown on TV, they deserve Sky TV money just the same as anyone else. This was a key mistake from the Toronto saga. Parochial, self interest has no room in the sport; we need to learn our lessons, which Toronto and last week's ARLC/NZRL decision are prime examples of.

We need to support the less wealthy clubs at home when the TV deal is in free fall, TO and Cats should have good leverage to secure a paid deal in France with 1 game per week.

Parochial self interest is a great phrase when the reality could be losing founder clubs by moving UK tv subs to an overseas team, which in turn reverses the Parochial tag.

Don't ignore your family to welcome a stranger into your life

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

We need to support the less wealthy clubs at home when the TV deal is in free fall, TO and Cats should have good leverage to secure a paid deal in France with 1 game per week.

Parochial self interest is a great phrase when the reality could be losing founder clubs by moving UK tv subs to an overseas team, which in turn reverses the Parochial tag.

Don't ignore your family to welcome a stranger into your life

Those “home” less wealthy clubs with decrepit facilities and zero exposure outside of their local area are the reason the Sky money is in decline.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

We need to support the less wealthy clubs at home when the TV deal is in free fall, TO and Cats should have good leverage to secure a paid deal in France with 1 game per week.

Parochial self interest is a great phrase when the reality could be losing founder clubs by moving UK tv subs to an overseas team, which in turn reverses the Parochial tag.

Don't ignore your family to welcome a stranger into your life

You sound like Gus Gould.

Last week has completely changed my view on pretty much everything; the sport is bigger than individual clubs. Evaluate the risk but the sport must grasp the opportunities to diversify and grow; not hinder them.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

 Nothing would surprise me if your mate from the PNG/French game you mentioned recently was on the gate.😉👍

"* Quote whats the attendance 

* 1800 odd

* OK so lets say 7800"

 

That was in Paris The rocket which is a graveyard for all sports apart from PSG football (Followed a lot by morrocs and arabs) remember for the 6 nations 90% of the crowd comes up from the south of France.

 

My mate that quoted this (Not to be named on here) is a well know RL official LOL:) 

 

Paul

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

That was in Paris The rocket which is a graveyard for all sports apart from PSG football (Followed a lot by morrocs and arabs) remember for the 6 nations 90% of the crowd comes up from the south of France.

 

My mate that quoted this (Not to be named on here) is a well know RL official LOL:) 

 

Paul

I was just teasing you mate, with your experience in French League I believe you, it will be an incredibly exciting day when we see two French teams in the Super League and start to see that competition being one step closer to how a `Super League` should look.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I was just teasing you mate, with your experience in French League I believe you, it will be an incredibly exciting day when we see two French teams in the Super League and start to see that competition being one step closer to how a `Super League` should look.

On another subject THE ROCKET i went from England to France in early 1990 on a coach with my late parents and Rocket Reddy (He had been coaching Barrow) what a fantastic guy my mum and dad loved him.

This was the first test that France narrowly lost then they won the second and the series a few weeks later, a very memorable trip it was when I met Jacques Jorda (French coach) and Bernard Baldy from Cahors (At the second test) and we have been friends ever since.

I attended Jacques and his wife Sylvia sons wedding at Elne cathedral back in 2003 on arrival at the church I remember the usher in perfect English after I asked him what were the seating arrangements is it similar to England for the invites for the bride and groom, he said no sir this is France  communists to sit on the left and fascists on the right :)))))

I was actually on Skype yesterday to good old Bernard a legend we were planning his World Cup (Hopefully) trip:)

 

Cheers 

 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

so 30% less than Leigh 2017 is good for a city the size of Toulouse, 15000 min should be the target and no sky money until there is enough to feed the home game again

Boring 

  • Like 3

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In light of what happened last week, France is the immediate future to support the game in England. Toulouse is that first new opportunity. We've got to grasp with both hands. Followed by regular international engagement with France. The roots are already there. Take the opportunity. The first step to diversifying in the NH. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...