Match Thread: Championship Round 15, Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Sunday-1st-August-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Sounds like a fair result and just about everyone recognizes that Fev were poor on the day but where does this leave TO ? They can only beat what’s in front of them. Is this TO at the top of their game or is there more to come ? Maybe they only played as well as they needed to against a under par Fev side ?

TO fans haven’t seen their side perform this season except for a couple of games on OurLeague so it’s tricky for us to gauge how good or bad they are.

It's the first game where there hasn't been a blow out score for TO. The first real test they've had this year and they were the better team on the day.

On paper, I see the two teams as fairly evenly matched. The Pro / Semi-Pro argument doesn't cut it for me. Fev have consistently shown that they are somewhere close to full-time in term of fitness.

Fev were poor today. Too many errors and a serious lack of composure.  We can play way better than that. The Grand Final should be an absolute belter.

25 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

It's the first game where there hasn't been a blow out score for TO. The first real test they've had this year and they were the better team on the day.

On paper, I see the two teams as fairly evenly matched. The Pro / Semi-Pro argument doesn't cut it for me. Fev have consistently shown that they are somewhere close to full-time in term of fitness.

Fev were poor today. Too many errors and a serious lack of composure.  We can play way better than that. The Grand Final should be an absolute belter.

IF we get there ,nothings a given as we well know.

Not commented on the game as it was my behind the sticks who got carted away by paramedics just as we kicked off.When to Pinderfield's and after i passed all the checks was allowed out at 7.15.Same thing has occured 3 times in the last 4 years.Feeling dizzy and a drastic drop in blood pressure feeling as if my legs were about to give way.Sorry about the result but we are still in it to win it come the play offs.Just think when we lost to Toronto we had lost 10 games that season but peaked for the play offs.I would like to thank a couple of our somtimes criticised fans one lad in his thirties wearing a white top gave my daughter a top to rest my head on.And the one i sometimes stand next to who recognised me from my picture which was 50 years old.He's a good un and knows his rugby.

2 hours ago, POR said:

What a load of RUBBISH If  that's the case why didn't they put us to the sword and score 50 60 70 like they have done to other under par sides

So do you feel TO played to the best of their abilities then ? I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

I just watched the tries , the Fev try was brill and thé TO tries were as a result of poor defending imo. 

Haven't seen enough  of TO so don't know what their best is just replying to your suggestion

Maybe they only played as well as they needed to against a under par Fev side ?

when against  other under par sides they'ave piled up the points I would have thought it would be better for them to put us in our place  in case we meet in the final

We need to get back to regular training, those soft tries will not happen  next time around, to be honest as bad as we were we created far more at pivot than they did.   We needed to control the Speen of the ruck which we failed to do leaving.  The ref didn't help in that regard he allowed them far mor time to lay on than he afforded us. 

5 minutes ago, lingaro said:

We need to get back to regular training, those soft tries will not happen  next time around, to be honest as bad as we were we created far more at pivot than they did.   We needed to control the Speen of the ruck which we failed to do leaving.  The ref didn't help in that regard he allowed them far mor time to lay on than he afforded us. 

Totally agree, it was always going to be hard for the players returning to be at their best yesterday, along with the effects of Wembley. We can now concentrate on the rest of the season so we can improve and beat them when it really matters.

3 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Interesting to see that the travelling isn’t affecting TO too much, well not on the evidence of the games so far.

Similar with the Catalans.

TO certainly looked far more resilient under pressure yesterday than in previous years. 

As to whether both teams have further improvement in them, time will tell. All being well, paths will cross again later in the year, and we'll find out. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

,Not commented on the game as it was my behind the sticks who got carted away by paramedics just as we kicked off.When to Pinderfield's and after i passed all the checks was allowed out at 7.15.Same thing has occured 3 times in the last 4 years.Feeling dizzy and a drastic drop in blood pressure feeling as if my legs were about to give way.Sorry about the result but we are still in it to win it come the play offs.Just think when we lost to Toronto we had lost 10 games that season but peaked for the play offs.I would like to thank a couple of our somtimes criticised fans one lad in his thirties wearing a white top gave my daughter a top to rest my head on.And the one i sometimes stand next to who recognised me from my picture which was 50 years old.He's a good un and knows his rugby.

Nice to here your ok Sentoffagain2 , was my nephew who  gave you his top to support your head ,get well soon, hope to have a natter with you . 

19 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Dreadful completion. 35% completion 2nd afe is just not good enough by any standard. 3 of their 4 tries were off our own mistakes, of which there were many.

Too many players had bloody awful games.... in front of the biggest crowd of the season. At 6-0 and 12-6, they were playing every trick in the book to slow the game down. We had them gassed....but just could not execute as one turn over after another oft on 1st or 2nd tackle.

The only consolation is that we weren't that far off them even playing sheeite and I don't think we will play that badly again.

JD wasted in centres for me.

I say that every week when watching my team. Generally I am wrong.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Who is it between?

Fax and Batley would be mouth-watering.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Yup! All of this.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Who is it between?

Fax and Batley would be mouth-watering.

I've said all along bsj there is too much presumption at this stage of the season to think that Toulouse and Fev will be contesting the final. Remember 2019 when Fev came from fifth and to almost gain promotion. Things can happen in a small space of time. I'll just enjoy what's on offer in the now.

6 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

It's the first game where there hasn't been a blow out score for TO. The first real test they've had this year

Fev lost by 17 and Batley lost to Toulouse by 20, hardly a blow out  and we scored twice something Fev couldn't do...

See you Sunday...😱

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Fev lost by 17 and Batley lost to Toulouse by 20, hardly a blow out  and we scored twice something Fev couldn't do...

See you Sunday...😱

Fax lost to Toulouse by 10 points and scored five trys in a performance where I witnessed the worst 20 minutes of defence by us in 60 years of watching Fax. It's all about on the day lads. The Sportsman, shuddersfield, Rat Beerhouse Charity 4.5% Mmm❗🍺😋

Archived