Halfbacks

spanishknight

13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

If all players are fit and Covid free, we have some good options at halfback, Lewis/Dean, Lewis/Johnson or Lewis/Marsh, not been this well off for a long time.

Does anyone know the loan deals for each? Hopefully we are not going to lose them/some after a fortnight. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

2 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Does anyone know the loan deals for each? Hopefully we are not going to lose them/some after a fortnight. 

Think Lewis was on a two week deal but can stay unless Rovers need him, Dean and the two Leeds lads are season long loans 

12 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think Lewis was on a two week deal but can stay unless Rovers need him, Dean and the two Leeds lads are season long loans 

Hull KR have had their match postponed so I'd hope Lewis is staying at least another week.

I'd love to see O'Hagan fit as the games he played at the start of the season he looked the real deal.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

8 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Aidan at full back with a choice of Matty , Brendan , Riley , Mikey , at half back and Kriss , Will and Corey vying for the nine spot......I know Bren may not be ready yet but what a choice we now have.

Would have no problem with corey at stand off with marsh returning to fullback,could also give Jubby a rest played a lot of rugby this season

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Would have no problem with corey at stand off with marsh returning to fullback,could also give Jubby a rest played a lot of rugby this season

Bet Jubby wouldn't agree...

Anyone any theories on why we've signed a young fullback on loan when we have Myles Harrison who got such big wraps after the Wigan game at the start of the season and hasn't been selected since. I would have hoped that's the sort of interesting question the Press might put to the club instead of just printing the stuff we read on the club web site.

2 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Anyone any theories on why we've signed a young fullback on loan when we have Myles Harrison who got such big wraps after the Wigan game at the start of the season and hasn't been selected since. I would have hoped that's the sort of interesting question the Press might put to the club instead of just printing the stuff we read on the club web site.

Totally agree about Harrison. Apparently he is, or has been , training with the Rhinos academy, although he has been in the match day 21 for the last couple of weeks.

Mikey Lewis' loan spell has been extended on a week-by-week basis, so he'll be staying at York until he isn't.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

22 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Fordy answers.....

The Knights already have cover at full-back in Myles Harrison, who debuted impressively against Wigan Warriors earlier this year.

“Myles is improving physically and mentally, and we believe in Myles because he’s certainly got some potential," said Ford.

“But, in my opinion, it’s still a little bit early to put him in consistently in a real key position because he’s only 17.

“Myles has a cracking attitude and I do want to find some opportunities for him to play.

“Full-back is a tremendously different position to go from U16s to first-grade.

"It’s such a crucial position and everyone is relying on you in terms of finding that last pass for tries, organising defensive shape with numbers and saving tries and scoring tries.

“To throw him in right now, would be asking a lot of him.”

4 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Fordy answers.....

The Knights already have cover at full-back in Myles Harrison, who debuted impressively against Wigan Warriors earlier this year.

“Myles is improving physically and mentally, and we believe in Myles because he’s certainly got some potential," said Ford.

“But, in my opinion, it’s still a little bit early to put him in consistently in a real key position because he’s only 17.

“Myles has a cracking attitude and I do want to find some opportunities for him to play.

"It’s such a crucial position and everyone is relying on you in terms of finding that last pass for tries, organising defensive shape with numbers and saving tries and scoring tries.

Quite agree , next year he may get more chances

33 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Fordy answers.....

We would all be moaning if Fordy played him week after week and the lad lost all confidence and stopped playing.

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

Instead they’re going to throw an 18 year old in

An 18 year old thats been in a Super League environment for 3/4 years. Myles has been guesting in one for about 6 months.

There's levels to development Deano. Myles (and AJ & Toby) will get their chance.

6 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Fordy answers.....

Lovely!! Thanks for that Stirin. Thanks to Fordy for explaining too. I thought it would be along those lines and totally agree with the explanation. It now gives me some ammunition to show the people who keep posing the question to me! 

In Fordy we trust!!

• 1 month later...

Archived