Sat 31 Jul-Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 31st JULY
London Skolars v Coventry Bears KO 15:30

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST
Workington Town v Barrow Raiders KO 14:00
Doncaster v Hunslet KO 14:30
North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders KO 14:30
Rochdale Hornets v Keighley Cougars KO 15:00

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SATURDAY 31st JULY
London Skolars v Coventry Bears  - expecting a high-scoring game with Bears clinching it late

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST
Workington Town v Barrow Raiders
Doncaster v Hunslet 
North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders 
Rochdale Hornets v Keighley Cougars

Probably all close games this week.

On 27/07/2021 at 17:00, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 31st JULY
London Skolars v Coventry Bears KO 15:30

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST
Workington Town v Barrow Raiders KO 14:00
Doncaster v Hunslet KO 14:30
North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders KO 14:30
Rochdale Hornets v Keighley Cougars KO 15:00

Skolars

Barrow

Donny

Cru

Hornets

1 minute ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

What's the percentage of games that teams in League 1 need to complete to qualify for the play-off?

13 I’m told . We’ve 6 games left scheduled without rescheduling the others 

Teams can still compete in the play-offs if they don't meet the minimum number of games but they are assumed to have lost the games to make up the number.

Taking an extreme example if one team was W9 L9, whilst another was W12 L0 the second team would still finish above the first team even though they hadn't played the minimum number of games

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

1 hour ago, the man said:

Teams can still compete in the play-offs if they don't meet the minimum number of games but they are assumed to have lost the games to make up the number.

Taking an extreme example if one team was W9 L9, whilst another was W12 L0 the second team would still finish above the first team even though they hadn't played the minimum number of games

I’m not doubting you but I’m somewhat confused . How can you assume that a team has lost a game they haven’t played , maybe through no fault of their own ? 

Planning week to week has become impossible. We were hit by covid last week. We tried to plan by having a larger than usual squad. We've pieced together a team this week by loaning a few players from Sheffield. Not ideal but I'd rather see the game go ahead. It's giving Hunslet a huge advantage but what's the alternative?

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’m not doubting you but I’m somewhat confused . How can you assume that a team has lost a game they haven’t played , maybe through no fault of their own ? 

Team A 9/18 50% Team B 12/12 would be 100% but the minimum number of games is 13 so they become 12/13 or 92%

It wouldn't be fair on Team B not to make the play-offs just because they hadn't played the minimum number of games

How I have described is how it works

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Fancied going to Skolars today, spur of the moment decision to get out of the house.

No onsite tickets being sold, online sales already ended.

Conplete covid ######. 

16 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

Planning week to week has become impossible. We were hit by covid last week. We tried to plan by having a larger than usual squad. We've pieced together a team this week by loaning a few players from Sheffield. Not ideal but I'd rather see the game go ahead. It's giving Hunslet a huge advantage but what's the alternative?

To be fair everyone is in the same boat. Most clubs have had players missing throughout the season through testing positive or being pinged 

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Fancied going to Skolars today, spur of the moment decision to get out of the house.

No onsite tickets being sold, online sales already ended.

Conplete covid ######. 

Tickets from Skolars via online sales can be purchased up until 3pm today.

76B3F98F-9314-4456-81CE-0D5EF6464332.jpeg

Archived