Sat 31 Jul-Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

To be fair everyone is in the same boat. Most clubs have had players missing throughout the season through testing positive or being pinged 

Not complaining or even making excuses. It's very hard to run any team sport ATM. Being a team requires contact. You try to plan but it's impossible to cover all eventualities.

Definitely Coventry's best season. Just in time for the setup to be completely revamped, almost certainly at the expansion clubs' expense. For it was ever thus.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Definitely Coventry's best season. Just in time for the setup to be completely revamped, almost certainly at the expansion clubs' expense. For it was ever thus.

You've made some smart signings. I was really disappointed to lose the signing of Dave Scott to Coventry. He'd have been a perfect fullback for us right now.

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What’s the plan for league one ? What I’ve seen just concentrates above that 

From what I've read it looks like no change in format for league 1 next year.

Thereafter (if the plans go ahead) it gets combined with 6 teams from the bottom of the championship to create a 16 team division, with no or very little central funding.

20 minutes ago, weighman said:

With no central funding I doubt there will be 16 clubs !

They may as well all join the NCL.

If they're considered stable enough to do so.... 🙂

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

56 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Not complaining or even making excuses. It's very hard to run any team sport ATM. Being a team requires contact. You try to plan but it's impossible to cover all eventualities.

Yep and considering the resources league 1 teams have teams have done brilliantly to fulfill their fixtures. Something SL could learn! 

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

Yep and considering the resources league 1 teams have teams have done brilliantly to fulfill their fixtures. Something SL could learn! 

I agree. I'm just grateful I've got a match to go to tomorrow. Visiting the Keepmoat is very good for my mental health. It's a genuine pleasure.

3 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

You've made some smart signings. I was really disappointed to lose the signing of Dave Scott to Coventry. He'd have been a perfect fullback for us right now.

He's a brilliant player. Been playing half back for us. Links up brilliantly with Dan Coates (signed from Newcastle) and both are having a great season 

Here's the winning kick today. Some effort from Dan Coates from near the half way line! Horrible way to lose it by Skolars, always a ding dong battle in this 'local derby' and the bizarre run of both teams pretty much always winning away against each other continues 

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

What’s the plan for league one ? What I’ve seen just concentrates above that 

There won't be a plan for League 1, there never is, the clubs are just left to fend for themselves. Ironically, we are probably the best prepared for losing any central funding, we are so used to it now.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived