Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST
Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions KO 15:00
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 15:00
Halifax Panthers v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven KO 15:00
Oldham v London Broncos KO 15:00
Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights KO 16:30
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs KO 15:00

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions 
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique 
Halifax Panthers v Bradford Bulls 
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven 
Oldham v London Broncos 
Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights 
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs 

Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique
Halifax Panthers v Bradford Bulls
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven
Oldham v London Broncos
Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs

Featherstone v Toulouse should be a great game and very difficult to call.

Likewise Halifax v Bradford & Widnes v Batley.

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST

Come on John, give Fev v Toulouse a separate thread!  Especially with SL games already biting the dust.

Some good games this week and a few crucial to final standings.

Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions - Easy Dewsbury win by about 16.
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique - Toulouse come in fresh to this one and I think it will be a game too far for Fev and should decide top spot. Toulouse by 18.
Halifax Panthers v Bradford Bulls - Fax been sketchy last couple of games and Bradford struggling on the half back front. The loss early in the season hurt for Fax as it was a lesson how to win a game in the space of 15 minutes and then throw it away. If we want to finish 3rd this is a must win as Bradford should get an extra win come the end of the season. Fax by 8.
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven - This should be a close one but Newcastle to have too much. Newcastle by 10.
Oldham v London Broncos - London by 20.
Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights - Interesting fixture but neither team anything to play for. Going on how Sheffield played Sunday I think they may just edge this. Sheffield by 4.
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs - Week off to have done Widnes good and think they win this by about 10 to keep their top 6 hopes alive. 

Fev v Toulouse game will be a difficult one to predict, Toulouse haven’t played for 3 weeks so will be fresh but possibly a bit rusty. Fev have been doing it tough for a couple of weeks but think they may have a few key players back this week. May wait until squads before hazarding a guess 

Big game at Featherstone. I am sure everyone is looking forward to it. Be tough for both teams - Rovers after their hard last few weeks; Toulouse as they have hardly played. Less bragging rights, I don't think the result is that important as its the playoffs that really matter and both sides will be there. All the best to both sides.

Couple of other big games. Newcastle safe with a win?

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST

Dewsbury Toulouse Halifax Whitehaven London York Widnes 

Few tough games, especially Thunder v Haven. If Thunder have same or similar team out as against Batley can see Haven taking the win.

39 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Big game at Featherstone. I am sure everyone is looking forward to it. Be tough for both teams - Rovers after their hard last few weeks; Toulouse as they have hardly played. Less bragging rights, I don't think the result is that important as its the playoffs that really matter and both sides will be there. All the best to both sides.

Couple of other big games. Newcastle safe with a win?

I don't think the result is that important  exactly league games mean diddly squat in the great scheme of things but if FEV have the temerity to win  the playoff then that will be horrendous it will be the end of rugby league as we know it and  SL will die a slow agonising death without the inclusion of TO🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can we keep this thread on the subject of this week's games, please, and not spinning off into a wider argument about who does or doesn't deserve to be promoted to SL.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, barnyia said:

Is the featherstone game on our league?

Fev have their own TV channel, I believe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not sure this is the right place but anyone got the crowd figures for York´s game last week? 

For whatever reason York stopped announcing crowds a while ago. I think they’ve only announced attendances at the first 2 of our 5 home games so far this season. 

If I had to guess, I’d say Sunday was about 1500.

Archived