Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Is there any live radio commentary for the Fev - TO game anywhere? 

So far this year Featherstone's RoversTV live audio broadcasts have been free to air (in previous years they have been restricted to subscribers).

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/roverstv/live/

I don't know if it will be free to all again, and it's also worth noting that it's a Fev in-house production and thus very much aimed at Fev fans in tone.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I can't say for definite, but it will be well covered, no SL game, so I would expect it to be the main game for coverage along with Halifax v Bradford.

Either that or they will have a full match replay of Leeds game last night instead.

There's nowt better than jumping in your car after a loss/win and putting Radio Leeds on only to hear extended commentary from a game that Leeds played about 3 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Either that or they will have a full match replay of Leeds game last night instead.

There's nowt better than jumping in your car after a loss/win and putting Radio Leeds on only to hear extended commentary from a game that Leeds played about 3 weeks ago.

And (particularly before the advent of mobile internet) at the end of the program, "sorry we've run out of time to give you today's results"

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Surely there will be a football friendly game on somewhere?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Seen the squads for Fev game on Sunday, 2 very strong outfits and I can’t wait for what hopefully will be a cracking game of rugby.

Yep. A 2-camera set up and £5 subscription on Our League and you would probably get one of the best audiences of the season 😕 I would happily pay to watch a match that has been building for weeks!

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Yep. A 2-camera set up and £5 subscription on Our League and you would probably get one of the best audiences of the season 😕 I would happily pay to watch a match that has been building for weeks!

I have got my ticket for Sunday and can’t wait😄😄

44 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I thought it was all about Toulouse and the lack of away fans?? Or is building your own club up and being ambitious the key to growing crowds (as Barrow are showing in League 1)?

To be honest if we can’t get a good crowd for this one particularly as Wakefield and Cas don’t have a game there is something wrong 

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

I thought it was all about Toulouse and the lack of away fans?? Or is building your own club up and being ambitious the key to growing crowds (as Barrow are showing in League 1)?

We are looking forward to a big away following from contributors to this Forum.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Well, I'll be there for this one, circumstances have allowed me to be UK based for a month so it works well for me mid-pandemic.

TO need to try and build a fan base in the UK to be honest. Expecting TO fans in France to go to every away match is asking a bit much. For those UK based club fans coming to Toulouse for a single game is OK... a bit of a laugh and affordable, but... could you imagine doing that every 2 weeks ?  I once calculated that it would cost around 8K a year to go to every TO away match, and that doesn't include the days missed from work. God knows what it would cost now. The other thing to bear in mind is that you now need a passport to go the the UK post Brexit, something a lot of French do not have.

58 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

It's not us and them. It is just a great match with two unbeaten teams. This is what we want to see isn't it?

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

No other Championship matches are being played on that day, of course.

Oh...........!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

46 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

No other Championship matches are being played on that day, of course.

Oh...........!

I mean the contributors who are very vocal about their liking of Toulouse. I am sure there will be some there tomorrow to cheer them on.

30 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I mean the contributors who are very vocal about their liking of Toulouse. I am sure there will be some there tomorrow to cheer them on.

I'm vocal about my liking of toulouse. I love the city and quite like the club.

I hope they get a tuppin tomorrow. 🤣

Archived