Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

19 hours ago, kiggy said:

Thanks, that is excellent. I'm glad that they are still taking things very seriously. I would hope the Fev players can get through the rest of the season without problems w.r.t. Covid issues

Bit more info here, assuming you've not already arrived. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Hello said:

My prediction, Toulouse to win. Surprised more haven't predicted this on here.

I went for a convincing Toulouse win, not because I think they are a better team, I think they are very evenly matched, just more because of circumstances. Toulouse fresh and chomping at the bit for this game with plenty of time to prepare whilst Fev had a tough game at Wembley followed by a tough game at Bradford and already have a lot of injuries so any niggles will likely have got worse. If Fev can win this one then it has to make them huge favs for promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I went for a convincing Toulouse win, not because I think they are a better team, I think they are very evenly matched, just more because of circumstances. Toulouse fresh and chomping at the bit for this game with plenty of time to prepare whilst Fev had a tough game at Wembley followed by a tough game at Bradford and already have a lot of injuries so any niggles will likely have got worse. If Fev can win this one then it has to make them huge favs for promotion.

Can work either way having 3 weeks off rested but not battle hardened. Also Fev 5 players back today do think it will be very even.

As it’s Yorkshire day all I will say is come on Fev do it for Yorkshire 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Bulls being burned at Fax.  Newcastle doing their bit if London bottle it. 

Oldham 8 London 0 I'm hearing. 

10-6 Widnes vs Batley. Widnes dominated the first twenty minutes but not really threatening to score, Batley got one very much against the run of play with Buchanan stepping a couple of defenders. Widnes equalised when two Batley players collided while going for the same kick and finally made the pressure tell through Craven, with about 8 minutes in the second half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Oldham 8 London 0 I'm hearing. 

10-6 Widnes vs Batley. Widnes dominated the first twenty minutes but not really threatening to score, Batley got one very much against the run of play with Buchanan stepping a couple of defenders. Widnes equalised when two Batley players collided while going for the same kick and finally made the pressure tell through Craven, with about 8 minutes in the second half.

Long way to go yet but wins for Widnes and Thunder with defeats for Batley and London.  Keeping those playoffs alive. 

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Long way to go yet but wins for Widnes and Thunder with defeats for Batley and London.  Keeping those playoffs alive. 

10-6 the half-time score at Widnes. 8-6 halftime in Oldham v London. Fev 0 Toulouse 6. 

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Problems with RoversTV audio again, can't hear anything. Is there anywhere else I can listen to this?

I was having problems start of 2nd half - refreshed the page and pressed play again and it's working for me now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Barley Mow said:

I was having problems start of 2nd half - refreshed the page and pressed play again and it's working for me now.

Yeah I had the same issue but couldn't get coverage for the first 10 minutes. Working now though

• Like 1