Sun 1 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 minute ago, crashmon said:

so what looked like a disaster of a day for London at 1/2 time, has actually turned out well... Still finishing 6th is nothing to be celebrated for a team which should be challenging for promotion....

Is the season over then? 

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Cumbrian derby for Championship next season then.  

Just hope we dont have some stupid 10 team Championship in two years or not have promotion next season.  

League going to be excellent next year.

If both Barrow and Workington go up be some long trips for the other teams!

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

If you get into SL I'm sure you will.  Fev have done so much right it would be good to see them get a run at it. 

Big difference today on the pitch gave our best but too much lost ball. Well deserved win for Toulouse.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is the season over then? 

Apart Fev and Tolouse, all London's remaining games are vs teams below them..  If and its a big IF Newcastle can turn London over when they meet, then they have an outside chance of catching them, but I think 6 points will be too much to close.

Of course I don't expect London to get anywhere in the playoff's, but they should make them now

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Proper rugby league teams and grounds.

It’s not that far to Barrow from any championship side tbf, other than Toulouse, they travel further in the 7th tier of football. 

Edit - that was in reply to the post that you were replying to! 

Edited by Eddie

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well at least one of them is coming up.  Would like it to be Barrow with the crowds they are building. 

All three Cumbrian teams in the championship would be good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Big difference today on the pitch gave our best but too much lost ball. Well deserved win for Toulouse.

Meh its one game. That crowd looks great.  If we are going 14 team SL I think Fev and Toulouse will make such a contribution on and off the pitch they will have to keep it at 14. 

Fev vs Wakey,Cas and Leeds.  Toulouse getting some big crowds vs Catalan.  One 'expansion' team and one traditional team.