Sun 1 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 19:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/21 at 19:00

16 minutes ago, Padge said:

There was at no point where every angle showed the ball had not been grounded, if one angle isn't conclusive the rest have to be dismissed as that one angle may have been were it was grounded.

This just isn't true. Otherwise as soon as you get an angle that is inconclusive, you can stop looking. There is nothing that states every angle needs to support the overturn. 

You only need one conclusive angle - imho we had one. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave T said:

IMHO there was an angle that proved the ball didn't go down. It was conclusive. 

You only need one conclusive angle. 

Yep, it was no try and a penalty to Warrington for the ball steal and there was conclusive evidence to show that was the case.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'm looking forward to seeing the angle showing it was a high tackle on Donaldson in the lead-up to the Newman try.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway i bet it was a good game for the neutral viewer 🙂

Is there any such thing when Leeds are playing?  Cheering Wire on, on Yorkshire Day.  I feel dirty.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The Charnley “try” was on 50 mins and Leeds hit back with a try on the back of a poor high tackle penalty so for Leeds fans to say it cost them the game is ridiculous,errors whilst 6 points up and some good play by Walker & Williams decided a very entertaining game.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway i bet it was a good game for the neutral viewer 🙂

I don't know about the neutral viewers but I thought it was fantastic entertainment.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

The Charnley “try” was on 50 mins and Leeds hit back with a try on the back of a poor high tackle penalty so for Leeds fans to say it cost them the game is ridiculous,errors whilst 6 points up and some good play by Walker & Williams decided a very entertaining game.

It definitely didn’t cost us the game

Corking game, as with the Wigan game in midweek, the reason for Warrington's victory lies in the fact that it's not how long you have the rugby ball it is what you actually do with it.

Leeds will play at lot worse than that and come away with two points.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

30 minutes ago, Padge said:

There was at no point where every angle showed the ball had not been grounded, if one angle isn't conclusive the rest have to be dismissed as that one angle may have been were it was grounded.

Yes there was. There was one angle which showed clearly that the ball had not touched the ground. That should override the on field decision. If not, what is the purpose of a video ref?

9 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Corking game, as with the Wigan game in midweek, the reason for Warrington's victory lies in the fact that it's not how long you have the rugby ball it is what you actually do with it.

Leeds will play at lot worse than that and come away with two points.

riding their luck wire it will all come crashing down eventually.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This just isn't true. Otherwise as soon as you get an angle that is inconclusive, you can stop looking. There is nothing that states every angle needs to support the overturn. 

You only need one conclusive angle - imho we had one. 

It is based on the Law of the Game. This states you cannot disallow a try just because you didn't see it grounded.

This causes a serious problem with the system of VR.

When they brought in the ref would give a call I started saying it would be a problem, before that I said the VR had a problem with giving tries on benefit of the doubt, most people didn't realise this existed.

When the video ref was introduced the basic laws of the game should have been rewritten because the Laws of the Game and having a video ref are incompatible.

The laws are general laws for the whole sport and skirt around the use if VR,

The decision was consistent with the laws, but inconsistent with what could be seen.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Dwyer takes the FG attempt on the last because his teams half back had thought it to be a good idea to run towards the left hand side and take a tackle

Wrong. It was the fourth tackle. Gale probably reasonably assumed Dwyer could trundle it forward again to set up the goal properly. Unfortunately having an overconfident headless chicken at acting half back can work against you as well as for you.

Enjoyed the match. The Charnley try was a nonsense. If that is not sufficient evidence, then we might as well just go with the ref's live call.

I think it is wrong to blame the system though. Hicks is to blame. There was evidence to overturn and it was an awful call.

Saying that, Leeds were winning by 6 with 4 to go. Leeds then made an inexplicable forward pass and a poor call to go for a drop goal from 40m+ and off centre. Leeds allowed Wire back into the game.

By contrast, Warrington pinned Leeds in the corner instead of the speculative DG attempt. Good execution of the last set too.

Warrington far from perfect but finding ways to win. They could bomb out in week 1 of the play offs, could win the title.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Wrong. It was the fourth tackle. Gale probably reasonably assumed Dwyer could trundle it forward again to set up the goal properly. Unfortunately having an overconfident headless chicken at acting half back can work against you as well as for you.

I didn’t notice that as at the time I was explaining my daughter what sudden death extra time was as she was waiting for the game to finish so she could go on the PlayStation. I would say what she thought sudden death meant but I’m not that mean.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

Even so Gale should have managed that better plus the one before when we had a chance.

As a leeds fan im not dispondent as we were good for a lot of that game weve come a long way after the last few years and we have some very good youngsters

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

East mistake to make, apparently Leeds had 10 substitutions from 8 according to sky tonight 

2 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

No crying from the Leeds fans re the forward pass from myler for the opener? 

I haven’t read any crying from leeds fans on here so not sure what your point is?

We can go on about those kind of decisions all night - nit sure if that one was forward as I haven’t watched the replay yet.

The officials were poor for both sides but I reiterated they didn’t cost us the game

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

I haven’t read any crying from leeds fans on here so not sure what your point is?

We can go on about those kind of decisions all night - nit sure if that one was forward as I haven’t watched the replay yet.

The officials were poor for both sides but I reiterated they didn’t cost us the game

It was worse than the one Ratchford got pulled up for in the 2nd half

47 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Yep, it was no try and a penalty to Warrington for the ball steal and there was conclusive evidence to show that was the case.

I actually thought it should have been a penalty try. Clear ball steal preventing a try.

There was a forward pass by Leeds in the second half which was missed which was just unbelievable so there were decisions to complain about both ways.

Leeds were the better team and would have deserved to win IMO. Even so 'in form' Rhinos are now 3 losses from the last 5.

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

There was a forward pass by Leeds in the second half which was missed which was just unbelievable so there were decisions to complain about both ways.

Yeah the one from Reece Martin.  Don't think it lead to a try though?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived