Sun 1 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/21 at 14:30

Nice to see some of our village neighbours visit the capital today, they seemed to enjoy their day out despite the score. Hope they had a nice train journey home from whichever of the 2 Wigan railway stations they travelled.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Padge said:

Nice to see some of our village neighbours visit the capital today, they seemed to enjoy their day out despite the score. Hope they had a nice train journey home from whichever of the 2 Wigan railway stations they travelled.

I bet they got to the ground before you did...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 minutes ago, Padge said:

It wasn't handbags, there were some full on punches thrown.

Big handbags.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

I bet they got to the ground before you did...

We were on early, nobody had scored when we sat down. 😄

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Looking at the video, it's a harsh send off on Jack Ashworth.  Yes there was a bit of messing around at the ruck (as there is in every tackle) but Brad Singleton hits him twice with good shots.  I am really not sure what Ashworth is supposed to do... just keep getting hit!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Decent enough from Wigan given how poor the attack has been and considering we probably had 6 of our first choice backline out (certainly 5 in French, Manfredi, Hardaker, Gildart and Marshall. The 6th between Field who missed the game or Leuluai who lasted 15 minutes). It was great to see Harry Smith play really well and kick really well. 

Leigh are dreadful mind but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Singleton and Ashworth will both cop a ban. I’d guess Partington as well but Rob Buttler should get the biggest ban for hitting Singleton from behind (with punches my old nan would be ashamed of) 3 times whilst he was being held in the melee. That’s what set Partington off. 

33 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Decent enough from Wigan given how poor the attack has been and considering we probably had 6 of our first choice backline out (certainly 5 in French, Manfredi, Hardaker, Gildart and Marshall. The 6th between Field who missed the game or Leuluai who lasted 15 minutes). It was great to see Harry Smith play really well and kick really well. 

Leigh are dreadful mind but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Singleton and Ashworth will both cop a ban. I’d guess Partington as well but Rob Buttler should get the biggest ban for hitting Singleton from behind (with punches my old nan would be ashamed of) 3 times whilst he was being held in the melee. That’s what set Partington off. 

Partington needs ' setting off ' ? 😂

We played like a team that hasn't played for a month , with half a team full of changes from last time we played , despite Wigan missing their first choice back line they still had miles more pace than ours , and even though they lost Tommy L , that just meant Hastings stepped into 6 in attack , looks like we've lost Wildie and a couple of others

Just the usual for us , bring on KR to the lobby done next week , you'll all be able to watch it in glorious colour , that's if it doesn't get postponed 😂

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Partington needs ' setting off ' ? 😂

We played like a team that hasn't played for a month , with half a team full of changes from last time we played , despite Wigan missing their first choice back line they still had miles more pace than ours , and even though they lost Tommy L , that just meant Hastings stepped into 6 in attack , looks like we've lost Wildie and a couple of others

Just the usual for us , bring on KR to the lobby done next week , you'll all be able to watch it in glorious colour , that's if it doesn't get postponed 😂

It was a hand written invite for the mild mannered Ollie Partington😁 It was soft from Buttler though and warranted somebody going in on him. 

It’s been a tough old season for Leigh but with one hand tied behind your back, it was always going to be so. Maybe it’ll be a fair crack of the whip next season going off the rumours flying around. I hope so because in the current climate when we need all the income we can get, games between the two clubs will help each other out. 

4 hours ago, Patx71 said:

Most Championship sides would have beaten Leigh yesterday. They didn't look interested. 

That post sums it up. A few have signed elsewhere the rest haven’t been offered contracts, and don’t seem interested in winning one. We have little pace and all 3 we’re missing  plus Reynolds at 6 who can at least defend unlike Ellis. It seems we are building for next year with Stone to arrive soon, Logan here today  and McDonald? already here.

as fans when you know you won’t win the quality match up, you expect graft and that wasn’t there at all

11 hours ago, clogdance said:

Partington will probably cop the longest ban, and rightly so.

There will be a few sweating on the video being watched by the MRP as the 2 sent off weren’t the only ones who threw punches 

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No way there were 9000 there today , unless the DW holds 45,000 , around 6K 

i was surprised by that figure as well i guessed at 8000 and i usually get it about right, i also guessed the wakefield game at 7000 and they gave 5500 which was definately wrong.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

5 hours ago, my missus said:

i was surprised by that figure as well i guessed at 8000 and i usually get it about right, i also guessed the wakefield game at 7000 and they gave 5500 which was definately wrong.

Its usually easy to get a good estimate at Wigan if you have an idea about block sizes, its been a bit trickier recently as people are spreading out a bit more than usual.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

Its usually easy to get a good estimate at Wigan if you have an idea about block sizes, its been a bit trickier recently as people are spreading out a bit more than usual.

It wasn't a third full , a quarter maybe 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Have I said how full it was?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Did I say you had ? 

You clearly implied it by quoting me and then stating what you did.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

You made no reference to a number , I gave my opinion , it's called discussion 

So why did you quote me?

Somebody else quoted figures but you chose to quote me who made no reference to figures.

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

i thought it was, the south stnd alone had about 4 thou in it def more than 6 thou which is a quarter.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

The Disciplinary Panel have handed out bans to nine players following last weekend’s action.

The largest of those bans was handed to Wigan Warriors forward Brad Singleton. He got three matches for Punching.

In the same incident, his Wigan teammate Oliver Partington, and Leigh Centurions pair Rob Butler and Jack Ashworth all got two matches for the same offence.

Archived