Thur 29 Jul: SL: Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

2 years ago we would have lost that game by a lot, we’ve come on a long way 

We have, and it's so exciting knowing where this side is potentially headed down the line.

12 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

What has happened to Hull?!

At every opportunity they can't help but try and sneak something dirty in. It is not sly cheating to gain advantage it's deliberately physical stuff to hurt the opponent.

I'm not talking just obvious things like Myler elbow but rough a rse tactics in the tackles etc

And yet Leeds should have had 2 in the bin for professional fouls 

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Myler still being unable to speak half an hour after taking that hit to the windpipe is the sound of the weekend, if League Express has such a thing.

Darren Lockyer spoke like that for at least the rest of his career after a bang to his throat. Think he had plans to have an op after he retired to see if he could fix it not sure if he had it or whether it worked. 

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

And yet Leeds should have had 2 in the bin for professional fouls 

30 seconds earlier the referee ignored Prior's claims for a penalty and so he wrongly made a point by fouling/obstructing and argued to the ref that he can do it if the Hull player can.

My point is not specifically decisions either way but rather tonight, Hull 1 to 17 were a team of grubs and I've never seen them that way.

Every team in every game have moments but to my mind too much unnecessary spite all game and I even like the game a bit nasty.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said earlier at Leigh Hull were the best team I have seen in years they were very expansive in everything they did, they just don't have the confidence to use much imagination against better teams, both you and I are old enough to know that a pass beats any defender any time, but Hull have the power to run over anyone or so they think, when Plan A of doing this fails they revert to Plan A. 

This

Hull are basically flat track bullies. No Plan B whatsoever 

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Even Wigan would beat Hull on this second half performance.

They have been pathetic.

nah it would be 1-0 to hull

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

7 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

They repelled everything Hull had to offer

Let's be fair, that wasn't much.

Very disappointed. 

Of the two sides, we made the best yardage getting out of our own half and upfield by a distance but, as has been pointed out by plenty on here, in the last quarter of the pitch we were pretty hopeless.

Perhaps we rely too much on Jake Connor, had he played last night then I think we win as he'd have made sure all that time in the Leeds 20 would have been turned into a healthy margin by half time. I also wonder if the terrific busts made by Satae and Faraimo would have been more productive if we'd had a better supporting game, I think Shaul may also have made a big difference.

But you play with the hand you're dealt with and it just wasn't good enough in the creativity stakes. There are some fine individual players at Hull FC, but take just two or three out of the squad and we always struggle. When things are going our way then Sneyd is a fantastic asset, when we're up against it, not so.

Only saw the Connor Wynne "forearm smash" live then a brief replay on the screen but it didn't look great and I'm pretty sure he'll cop a ban. Again disappointing as he's a great talent with a big future.

Fonua is a beast and does some damaging stuff in attack but his propensity to charge out of defence in order to put pressure on his opposite number only works if that particular player actually gets the ball, otherwise he's made to look foolish.

Cas fans won't have minded watching that last night, Bureta Faraimo showed what a handful he is and they can look forward to some good stuff from him next year, no idea why we're offloading him.

I think Brett Hodgson needs to take a long hard look at the Hull FC squad. Leeds brought Brad Dwyer on and he made in immediate difference to the game. We brought Jordan Johnstone on....

Never mind, it's only Saints on Monday, shame they don't have sofas to hide behind at the MKM stadium.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

What has happened to Hull?!

At every opportunity they can't help but try and sneak something dirty in. It is not sly cheating to gain advantage it's deliberately physical stuff to hurt the opponent.

I'm not talking just obvious things like Myler elbow but rough a rse tactics in the tackles etc

Says a neutral observer. 😃😃😃😃😃

Simply this: you are incorrect.

Yes, Leeds were the better side with more drive, speed and purpose.  Hull were in panic mode, too many errors, too slow around the PTB.

However, your accusation is just wrong.

10 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

2 years ago we would have lost that game by a lot, we’ve come on a long way 

So has Mr Agar won over all his doubters and critics, OR is there any coincidence with the arrival of Sean Long?

I believe there is a great value in having a very good assistant coach, Watson is not having the same success minus Rowley to lean on.

18 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Says a neutral observer. 😃😃😃😃😃

Simply this: you are incorrect.

Yes, Leeds were the better side with more drive, speed and purpose.  Hull were in panic mode, too many errors, too slow around the PTB.

However, your accusation is just wrong.

I am not trolling Hull fans I can assure you. Leeds won the game, this is not sour grapes.

In my humble opinion Hull, from the off and at every opportunity, were dirty grubs which as a team I have never noticed from them before. This has nothing to do with the score, how well Leeds did or did not play but rather how Hull players wanted to inflict needless pain/damage to the Leeds players in behaviour outside of the rules. I am all for a hard game and to be honest do not mind handbags.

The Myler elbow was the example that was highlighted on TV but there must have been two dozen tackles from Hull players using hands/forearms/elbows pushing usually heads into the ground and other things going unnoticed like pushing Handley into the advertising boards and pretending it was an accident or trying to kick your opponents when getting up from the tackle in the pretence of being held down etc..

Maybe Hull let their emotion for the fixture overwhelm them on this occasion but it is not something I imagined.

9 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

This

Hull are basically flat track bullies. No Plan B whatsoever 

AND, no disrespect Paul but they are emulating the Bulls team under Brian Noble's leadership but not performing it half as well, Nobby amassed the biggest team he could to power over the opposition, Nobby didn't have any other stratergies or game plans to call on when it went wrong as became very obvious in the rest of his coaching appointments.

The coincidence falls down in respect of the fact that the Hull team are nowhere near as good as the Bulls players both individually and collectively.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So has Mr Agar won over all his doubters and critics, OR is there any coincidence with the arrival of Sean Long?

There has never been much doubt about Agar's abilities at Leeds.

From f**kwitted fans maybe, but then what do they know.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Fonua is a beast and does some damaging stuff in attack but his propensity to charge out of defence in order to put pressure on his opposite number only works if that particular player actually gets the ball, otherwise he's made to look foolish.

Could you imagine Fonua in partnership with Hurrell as centre and winger, the opposition would have a field day.

11 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Josh Reynolds  has become nothing but a grub since he left the Bulldogs.

He was a grub at the Doggies, in fact the fans in the Kennel had a banner for him saying "Reynolds is a Grub, but he's OUR grub"

Difference then was he was producing the goods on the field for them. I remember watching an interview with Jammer saying ow much he loved playing with Reynolds, the 2 of them had a mini-comp going as to who could sledge and wind up the most opposition players.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I believe there is a great value in having a very good assistant coach, Watson is not having the same success minus Rowley to lean on.

You are right i thought Sean would make a difference to a more expansive attacking style.That  along with getting a few injured players back has seen Leeds turn around their season.I think Sinfield left because he realised the club had stopped the slide.The extra money would have been taken into account too.

53 minutes ago, M j M said:

There has never been much doubt about Agar's abilities at Leeds.

From f**kwitted fans maybe, but then what do they know.

This, some of the stuff thrown at Agar throughout his career from fans is ridiculous, he is highly thought of through ought the game, maybe he just needed the right team to flourish, the job he has done in turning Leeds around from that defeat to the Bulls a few years ago cannot be underestimated.

We may not win a SL title whilst he is head coach (although Id like us to have a good push next year) but you cannot deny he has made a very positive impact since taking over.

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

This, some of the stuff thrown at Agar throughout his career from fans is ridiculous, he is highly thought of through ought the game, maybe he just needed the right team to flourish, the job he has done in turning Leeds around from that defeat to the Bulls a few years ago cannot be underestimated.

We may not win a SL title whilst he is head coach (although Id like us to have a good push next year) but you cannot deny he has made a very positive impact since taking over.

i like him, i got invited to a behind the scenes thing with him a few years back at warrington, he was giving us a breakdown on video analysis where we were planning to attack a team the following week, everything he said, came to fruition, and you got a little tingle when you could see us setting up 2 or 3 plays in advance.

He was proper nerding out enthusiastically telling us about this, and was trying to invite us back a while later to show us some more (with a couple of beers) it was one of those moments where you can really see a passion and excitement for someone in their job.

I think his rep among fans is undeserving, and lazy.

Archived