Thur 29 Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 18:15 (UK time)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/21 at 17:45

It will be interesting to see what detrimental impact there is for Les Dracs resulting from Ben Garcia's injury.  He has really played a captain's knock this season so far; he seems to have thrived on that extra responsibility.

Maloney, Joel Tomkins, McIlorum and Le Cam return to the home squad, which still looks strong on paper and the coach must think so too, as he takes the chance to rest McMeeken.  Injury keeps Romano and Baitieri out of the squad.

I see it has been announced that this is Jason Baitieri's last season with the sang-et-or;  what a great servant to the club he has been.

I would be surprised if Les Dracs run away with this, but I think, by the end, they will be about twelve to fourteen points to the good.  I imagine that McNamara would be pleased if they don't have to come from behind at half time!

Cats by 12 but they really need to tighten up in the first half if they have their eyes on a GF appearance this year.

How good would a Cats GF win followed up by a WCC against the Aussies in front of a big crowd in Barcelona?? - yep just about everything (including the Aussies attitude to covid) against that idea but why not be optimistic for a change?

27 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Cats by 12 but they really need to tighten up in the first half if they have their eyes on a GF appearance this year.

How good would a Cats GF win followed up by a WCC against the Aussies in front of a big crowd in Barcelona?? - yep just about everything (including the Aussies attitude to covid) against that idea but why not be optimistic for a change?

With all the crying over the World Cup from down under I seriously doubt we'll be seeing an NRL club in the NH anytime in the next few years, nevermind in 2022!

Catalans win by 14 and would love a GF for them.

Catalans are justifiable big favourites (who isn't these days when up against Trinity?) so no real pressure for the visitors.  Was a bigger worry that Wakefield would suffer with the four day turnaround before the Salford follow up game.  With Salford crying off Wakefield can just focus solely on Thursday's game.

Catalans by 20 points.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 27/07/2021 at 22:09, Whippet13 said:

With all the crying over the World Cup from down under I seriously doubt we'll be seeing an NRL club in the NH anytime in the next few years, nevermind in 2022!

Catalans win by 14 and would love a GF for them.

It's only the UK they won't come to. They'd be happy with a bit of Barcelona 😉

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Another Yaha try in the closing seconds, after great play by Davies.  Maloney goals.  FT 40-20

Sounds as though Trinity ran out of a bit of steam in the last ten minutes, conceding two tries and see another by Les Dracs chalked off for a forward pass.

25 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Another Yaha try in the closing seconds, after great play by Davies.  Maloney goals.  FT 40-20

Sounds as though Trinity ran out of a bit of steam in the last ten minutes, conceding two tries and see another by Les Dracs chalked off for a forward pass.

Only took 17, 2 out of the 19 squad dropped out with COVID issues so running out of steam was always on the cards especially over there.  I was expecting worse, didn’t do too bad and didn’t bottle it like some.

Up the Trin 

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Only took 17, 2 out of the 19 squad dropped out with COVID issues so running out of steam was always on the cards especially over there.  I was expecting worse, didn’t do too bad and didn’t bottle it like some.

Up the Trin 

I think your comments sound very fair, WCL.  I think Trinity did very well in the circumstances.

On 27/07/2021 at 22:44, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Catalans by 20 points.

Well, glad that game is out of the way.  Good to see Fifita getting across the line for a couple and young Aydin scoring his 1st Super League Try.

Hopefully no injuries and more importantly without another microscopic match review as per the ones we've been suffering since MC had his two penneth.

Could have Johnstone and Westerman back for the Shudds game too.  Happy Days.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived