Wed 28 Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dkw said:

Not being allowed to fight properly is the reason behind many of the problems in our game.

I agree with this.  There would be a lot less gamesmanship, 'winning' penalties, sledging and just plain cheating if tough guys could dish out a bit of justice. 

Unfortunately we will never go back.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

A big improvement would be to scrap video referee and just accept referees decision. 

Let RL be frantic 

Did Mike Cooper's no-try get sent up as a try?

If so that would be 1 incorrect one each from the ref.

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’ve heard Bill Arthur reference ‘playing a game of ducks and drakes’ a number of times now. Am I the only one who has no idea what he’s talking about? 

Could be a generational thing……..

It may be a generational thing. It is another term for skimming stones. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aye, as per my earlier post, I was very surprised he didn't check. Hicks does have this about him though, he does sometimes seem in a rush to make a decision. I don't mind it tbh.

Lest we forget, there are fans of a club on Merseyside who have built an entire cottage industry of ludicrous, bat**** conspiracy theories due to this aspect of Hicks's officiating.

1 minute ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

I'm a neutral watching. I don't like pausing for 2 to 3 mins after most tries. I'm checking my phone, I don't want to be 

Switch your phone off, they do have off buttons you know.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Did Mike Cooper's no-try get sent up as a try?

If so that would be 1 incorrect one each from the ref.

Tbf there would be an in-goal official for a non-TV game that you would hope would be in a good position 

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm probably forgiving of my team because they haven't played for a but and the weather really is bad. I'll leave it to Wigan fans to explain their performance!

Maybe down to the effort of actually playing games.

Outstanding commentary. Moaning about them not being at their best, too many errors being their 'downfall'. They were talking about Warrington who are about to beat Wigan. 

Whilst their have been a lot of errors, talking about them as your downfall in a victory over one of the top teams is just rubbish.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Outstanding commentary. Moaning about them not being at their best, too many errors being their 'downfall'. They were talking about Warrington who are about to beat Wigan. 

Whilst their have been a lot of errors, talking about them as your downfall in a victory over one of the top teams is just rubbish.

There is an RL tradition of TV commentators having to point out the negatives all the time. Its in the job description

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Someone has uncorked a magnum of Chateau Thewlis.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Padge said:

There is an RL tradition of TV commentators having to point out the negatives all the time. Its in the job description

It's all so unnecessary isn't it. Sure, there has been some average Rugby, but I just think some people won't enjoy this sport no matter what happens.

A messy game. The first half was more entertaining.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived