Wed 28 Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/07/21 at 19:15

The view of the Match Review Panel - as expected, no charge.

Josh Charnley #2, Warrington

Competition:

Super League

Match:

Warrington v Wigan

Match Date:

2021-07-28

Incident:

Kicking in the 63rd minute

Decision:

No charge

Charge Detail:

Player is going to retrieve a dropped ball and when opponent picks the ball up, slows down to contact. Contact accidental.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, M j M said:

Competition:

Super League

Match:

Warrington v Wigan

Match Date:

2021-07-28

Incident:

Decision:

No charge

Charge Detail:

Player is going to retrieve a dropped ball and when opponent picks the ball up, slows down to contact. Contact accidental.

Let the fun begin 👀

14 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

The player was prone on the ground after the contact, you can see that and so can I. The referee was 10 yards away, and then considerably closer when he ran past Marshall in an attempt to get up with play. At this point Marshall was still lying on the ground. If the ref can't see that the player was out of it from 5 yards away, and let's be clear he wasn't exactly running past at light speed, then I guess the discussion is over.

Regardless of whether or not the contact was accidental, or that the try was valid, Hicks should still have had the wherewithal to realise that a player not 5 yards away from him was possibly in a lot of trouble. 

You can defend Hick's performance all you like, and you obviously will, but his reading of that situation was poor, and you know it.

Are you advocating that the referee should have stopped the game instantly and not let the play complete?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Competition:

Super League

Match:

Warrington v Wigan

Match Date:

2021-07-28

Incident:

Decision:

No charge

Charge Detail:

Quite right too - as a Wigan fan, I watched the replay of that intently and there was no chance he kicked, no follow through etc. - think we should just put this one to bed to be honest.

11 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Are you advocating that the referee should have stopped the game instantly and not let the play complete?

I'm not advocating anything. I am merely asking why this referee who made no mistakes all night according to the President of the RDL, didn't see fit to have the VR check the circumstances of the incident which left the player prone on the ground.

If, as has been suggested, the officials didn't see that Marshall was out of it despite two of them being within yards of him, then it should be off to Specsavers for the pair of them.

If it turned out that review deemed it accidental then fair enough but as we check many other lesser incidents I don't know why the ref would ignore that one.

13 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Jim no problem with your view on going to the video ref, but prone on the ground, I watched the highlights back today( you can see as well at the game) he looked out then it shows him looking back watching Mamo racing down the field and then deciding to lie prone again, was he out or hoping, don’t know but I agree over the ref. 

Well, he failed his HIA and won't play in the coming games so if you are proposing that he was play acting then I suggest you are way off the mark.

29 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Well, he failed his HIA and won't play in the coming games so if you are proposing that he was play acting then I suggest you are way off the mark.

Okay I accept I was wrong. 

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

I'm not advocating anything. I am merely asking why this referee who made no mistakes all night according to the President of the RDL, didn't see fit to have the VR check the circumstances of the incident which left the player prone on the ground.

If, as has been suggested, the officials didn't see that Marshall was out of it despite two of them being within yards of him, then it should be off to Specsavers for the pair of them.

If it turned out that review deemed it accidental then fair enough but as we check many other lesser incidents I don't know why the ref would ignore that one.

As I have stated a few times on here, I would prefer we go to the video ref less, not more and I back the ref's to trust their own opinion.

I think the replays confirmed that the contact with the head was accidental and didn't warrant a penalty and so the ref called it right. I would say well done to a ref having the confidence to call the incident and get it right.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived