Sundays game

Big Doug

Hornets hard hit again today losing 42-20, conceding at least 12 penalties and down to 7th in the table; a season soon to forget, especially if we do not make the play-offs with 7 games to go.  Naturally, covid, far too many injuries and trying to blend in replacement players in a short period does not help the cause.  Does anyone know the true picture with the missing/injured players?  London next!

Really really poor today just got nothing right, no leadership, no go forward, handling errors galore. A bad day at the office all round.

I can only put it down to last weeks COVID and yet another new halfback combination (forced of course, due to injury) keighley we’re steady and did the basics. But today’s news about little Freddie passing away after a brave battle puts all of the above into perspective.

RIP little man ❤️

Players are also turning out carrying injuries. The game at London on Saturday is now massive a must win . You have  got to feel sorry for Matt Calland I don’t think he’s fielded his strongest side in any game so far ,hopefully he can rouse the players on Saturday . I’ll be happy with a one point win.

3 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

Players are also turning out carrying injuries. The game at London on Saturday is now massive a must win . You have  got to feel sorry for Matt Calland I don’t think he’s fielded his strongest side in any game so far ,hopefully he can rouse the players on Saturday . I’ll be happy with a one point win.

It’s a real valid point Excolt I’ve never ever known a season be so injury hit at this one, but I just felt yesterday was a real poor performance, no disrespect at all to the Cougars who full deserved the win on the day but they weren’t a ‘great side’ and haven’t won an away game for two seasons. Maybe we do draw stumps on this season and go again next year who knows, there’s only so much you can do i guess injuries to the 1st choice squad and then the replacements get injured, you know it’s just not your year.

5 hours ago, ormskirknet said:

Maybe we do draw stumps on this season and go again next year who knows,

Certainly, our situation does not help our chances of making the play-offs, especially losing yesterday’s home game.  However, the middle league positions are tight and may come down to win percentage points, particularly if Covid continues to affect things.  Four of our remaining 7 games are at home, so hopefully we can finish well for new and diehard fans and everyone involved - and look towards next season, possibly the last in the current format.

You will have seen here and on the main forum recent proposals to bring in new league formats from 2023.   

This year: no relegation in SL, 2 promoted/relegated from Champ, 2 promoted from L1, to give 14 in SL, 12 in Champ, 10 in L1 for season 2022 .

2022: 4 relegated from SL, top 6 in Champ remain in second tier, bottom 6 in Champ relegated to L1.

2023: 10 in SL1, 10 in SL2 and 16 in L1.

Theoretically, the two L1 clubs promoted this year could finish season 2022 in top 6 of Champ, to become SL2 in 2023!

Or back in L1.

Archived