State of the club.

jroyales

There has been lots of information relayed on the Whitehaven tag. Let's get it on it's own site.

Lots of rumours flying around such has CH has no links at all with Whitebank and is running the club from his front room and when we get relegated we are not welcome there. Also, the club house/bar area is now a boxing academy.

Let's get everything out on this site and hopefully get some answers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard that with sooperdooperleague hanging onto all of the sky money, the rest of the whole of RL will get nothing.

Also, there are discussions going on that sooperdooperleague is to be increased by two, Toulouse and Featherstone, and the championship will join with League 1 with some of League 1 being jetisoned.

7 hours ago, jroyales said:

Just heard that with sooperdooperleague hanging onto all of the sky money, the rest of the whole of RL will get nothing.

Also, there are discussions going on that sooperdooperleague is to be increased by two, Toulouse and Featherstone, and the championship will join with League 1 with some of League 1 being jetisoned.

Theres a meeting on Friday with all clubs attending so we should know next week.

I've been posting on here since 2015. The number of people's names I don't see anymore seems to be increasing. The game in Oldham seems to be all but gone as far as Orlfc is concerned. If the central funding is cut to the degree that has been mentioned it will be curtains for Oldham and possibly a good few other clubs. 

26 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I've been posting on here since 2015. The number of people's names I don't see anymore seems to be increasing. The game in Oldham seems to be all but gone as far as Orlfc is concerned. If the central funding is cut to the degree that has been mentioned it will be curtains for Oldham and possibly a good few other clubs. 

bang on moorside if what as been implied and clubs wil be axed. the clubs in the worst finantial state wil be axed all the rlfc wil go off is these clubs accounts.

not interested in somebody who says he as got cash in his back pocket

27 minutes ago, tandle said:

bang on moorside if what as been implied and clubs wil be axed. the clubs in the worst finantial state wil be axed all the rlfc wil go off is these clubs accounts.

If it does come to that it will be a crying shame. All the history, we're a founder member for gods sake. The first proper administrator was an Oldhamer. All the history down the pan. We'll just have to see what happens. 

I have been on here for years, but over the last 18 months the drive to get to games has become nonexistent. 

There is hardly any news about the club, I hear training is fantastic but you don't get league points in training.

We are short of some creative stand off.

The club at whitebank is a gym. Avro have converted at lot of the land for their own purpose and that doesn't include oldham. 

At this time Saddleworth Annes and waterhead are run better than the pro club. Sadly hornets are running rings round us with their off field stuff and they have one thing better than us they play in Rochdale also they have a forward thinking board.

I don't know what the answer is, the issue runs deep and goes back to the sale of sheddings various broken dreams and promises.

Look at the demographic of oldham now. The target market is getting smaller year on year

29 minutes ago, clifford said:

I have been on here for years, but over the last 18 months the drive to get to games has become nonexistent. 

There is hardly any news about the club, I hear training is fantastic but you don't get league points in training.

We are short of some creative stand off.

The club at whitebank is a gym. Avro have converted at lot of the land for their own purpose and that doesn't include oldham. 

At this time Saddleworth Annes and waterhead are run better than the pro club. Sadly hornets are running rings round us with their off field stuff and they have one thing better than us they play in Rochdale also they have a forward thinking board.

I don't know what the answer is, the issue runs deep and goes back to the sale of sheddings various broken dreams and promises.

Look at the demographic of oldham now. The target market is getting smaller year on year

Bang on there mate. 

It looks to me that a few people who post on here want the club to fail while doing little to help with that in mind this is my last post for some time  . I will spend my time I have left planning trips to away matches and saving for a couple of season tickets etc

Just now, Tangle said:

It looks to me that a few people who post on here want the club to fail while doing little to help with that in mind this is my last post for some time  . I will spend my time I have left planning trips to away matches and saving for a couple of season tickets etc

Agree with you. Same folk, just going round in the same circle of gloom, like Groundhog Day. Not denying that there are concerning factors surrounding the club and rugby league in general, but we still have a team to support and after all the difficulties of the last 18 months, what a pleasure that is. 

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agree with you. Same folk, just going round in the same circle of gloom, like Groundhog Day. Not denying that there are concerning factors surrounding the club and rugby league in general, but we still have a team to support and after all the difficulties of the last 18 months, what a pleasure that is. 

Couldn’t agree more. I do wonder if these doom mongers ever watch a game or contribute in any positive way to the club

31 minutes ago, Happyed said:

Couldn’t agree more. I do wonder if these doom mongers ever watch a game or contribute in any positive way to the club

i lot of supporters of oldham tried to engage with ch in ways they could help the club and they were shunned..

so happyed tell me what the supporters of oldham  can contribute to the club to make it viable and competative apart from attending matches.

Tandle, I can remember going to meeting a couple of years ago when lots of ideas were mooted. Julie was a driving force behind most of them and again lots of ideas about involving the youth of the town.

Were you at that meeting? 

Without getting back into the town we have no chance of surviving the sooperdooperleague cull.

ii did not know of any meetings only learnt about it after when i joined this forum 

but getting back playing in oldham now whitebank as gone if that is true, then you can forget getting back playing in oldham there is no chance of that.

as for boundary park which is owned by a ltd company called brass bank, i have it on good authority they will not let oldham rlfc back there in its present form.

3 hours ago, tandle said:

i lot of supporters of oldham tried to engage with ch in ways they could help the club and they were shunned..

so happyed tell me what the supporters of oldham  can contribute to the club to make it viable and competative apart from attending matches.

Agreed 100%.A group of supporters tried a few years ago, I think clifford was one of them. Hamilton wasn't prepared to engage. 

At the end of the day everyone wants the club to succeed. People just get frustrated when over the years the chairman seems to have cut himself off from the fans. This isn't just an Oldham rugby problem, a fair few clubs will be facing a very uncertain future if these cuts become a reality. To some clubs the central funding makes a big contribution to a clubs finance's. 

Have to say, the social media side of things has been much improved this season, however, I think the club definitely needs to improve it’s profile within the town.

Even though I’ve moved out of Oldham, I still work in the town and I’m out and about all week. Last summer I saw a bloke wearing one of the NHS shirts we did, and I can’t remember seeing anything else to do with club since then. The club and the townsfolk needs to be engaged again!

Where the team plays is obviously one of the big issues, and I think fans want more dialog and/or transparency with the club as to what the long term plan is.

The change in funding from the SL tv deal adds another level of uncertainty and angst about the future.

23 hours ago, tandle said:

well done ch to wipe £75k off the depts. and put £15k in the bank and for the first time  get the accouts submitted on time.

so then the money was allways  there to buy new players  that could have saved our season.

or was it that you new what the rlf  intend to do

Please excuse an outsider butting in but you are getting very gloomy on the basis of one poster who is reporting that there will be no distribution money next year. I hear on good authority that this isn't correct: funding will be significantly decreased but there is no way that SL can retain all of the Sky money.

The major discussion is how much the RFL retains for its own administration and how much will remain for the clubs. Championship clubs won't be looking at a 100% reduction but 50% may indeed be possible. I don't know how much might be made available for C1 clubs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, AmigoTopping said:

Well the latest accounts are now available, debt is down by £75k and cash in bank is up by £15k.

Furlough has been a blessing to some organisations, hasn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

27 minutes ago, tandle said:

well done ch to wipe £75k off the depts. and put £15k in the bank and for the first time  get the accouts submitted on time.

so then the money was allways  there to buy new players  that could have saved our season.

or was it that you new what the rlf  intend to do

Any thanks should go to the season ticket holders and sponsors who donated their money for little or no return.

Archived